ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Adams is still just a kid. He's throwing a tantrum. Just as fast as he cries, he'll get up and smile. One game into the RS and he'll be balling and we won't hear about it again till the next offseason.

JD has said all along he'll listen to any trade offers for any player. I'm sure as the RS approaches, there are teams looking under this rock, sending JD low ball offers just to see if the first yr GM bites. Now if JD gets more in trade than he things Jamal is worth to the Jets, I'm certain JD pulls the trigger.

Ashtyn Davis is the only 2020 draft pic not yet signed....hmmm. Maybe the kid is smart enough to wait out the Jamal mess. If Jamal gets traded, Ashtyn's agent will certainly ask for a bit more in side deals, like a no trade clause...stuff like that. Marcus Maye's agent is dreuling too!

jilozzo and Falco21 like this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

There is so much that is fucked up with this story.

Adams comes out giving praise to Gase and how he ended the season. Gase comes out stating that him and Adams have a great relationship on and off the field.

Adams then comes out saying that he wants an extension.

Adams claims that Joe Douglas hurt him because he found out that he listened to trade offers for him.

Adams claims Joe Douglas has not sat down with him to discuss a contract extension.

Douglas comes out stating that he talked with Adams and they both understand that the draft and other free agents are taking priority right now and that he wants Adams to remain a Jet for life.

Gase comes out in full support of Adams remaining a Jet and a HUGE part of this franchise. Praises his play on the field.

Adams comes out saying he wants a trade.

Adams comes out saying he is not guaranteed anything and deserves his money.

Adams claims Gase is part of the problem.

Other players come out in support of Gase and that the locker room is fully behind him.

Adams comes out bashing Woody for his supposed racist comments.

Adams comes out bashing Gase and now Joe Douglas.

It is not hard to see what is playing out here. He is exhausting every avenue he can to the point of now bashing the entire franchise.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

What a crybaby. He has a head coach who won't kiss his ass and now he's throwing a tantrum over it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Dark Knight and jilozzo like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It was already Joe Douglas like a month ago when he commented on someone’s Instagram post about how he was told there would be an offer in January and now he can’t even get an offer.

Adams is in the wrong, there’s no two ways about it. He’s handling it poorly than I ever could have imagined and I think he’s making an ass of himself. It was just laughable when people ran to Gase’s defense anytime someone insinuated Jamal has no faith in the direction of the team with him as the coach. Now the obvious is just confirmed.

5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Basically, yes. And there's now 54 pages discussing/arguing about it.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Except that he was praising Gase before this and saying how he wanted to be a Jet for life.

This is about getting paid and only about getting paid. If the Jets came to him today with the big payday that he wants he would sign it immediately and be a Jet for life.

Vida and Falco21 like this.
  7. Falco21

But that is where I disagree with how to view this.

Adams has brought up every excuse in the book to be traded. First it was Gase. Then it was Douglas. Then it was injuries. Then it was Gase. Then it was Woody. Now it is Gase and Douglas.

It is ridiculous to even think anything he is saying is true. He is operating with a one track mind and taking every one down with him. He wants money. Plain and simple. Douglas and Gase are both playing this smart as hell. They are remaining quiet and letting him kill himself in the public. Douglas is also playing it very smart in not offering him a huge extension when he still has 2 years remaining on his contract.

I do not disagree that players have had gripes with Gase. I have said that over and over. But to think that Adams wants to be traded because of Adam Gase, is laughable, in my opininon.

Again, if Joe Douglas would have given him what he wanted, would Adams be bashing Gase right now and wanting out? Because if he truly felt this way, an extension would not have made him happy on this Jets team.

Vida and NYJFan10 like this.
  8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

very shrewd observation about Davis and his contract.......wonder if he wants some incentives in there if he becomes a starter due to adams departure. Not sure how much is allowed with these first time contracts.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  9. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

It seems like this guy's slogan is : why burn bridges when you can nuke them?

He's placing the Jets in an impossible position. How can you keep a guy who is so vocal and so disgruntled and who is quickly becoming an Antonio Brown 2.0 locker-room cancer? If you trade him, can you get full value? Will other teams be leery of this guy because of his antics? If they acquire him, how long before he pulls the same shit with his new team? Sure, plenty of teams would trade for him, but will they offer full value or expect the Jets to give them the head-case discount?

Note that he gave this story to Mehta because he knew Mehta would milk it for all it's worth.

Vida and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Davis now signed.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-sign-third-round-pick-ashtyn-davis

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Let's say he gets an extension today. How will he react when a safety surpasses his contract in ~2 years? Will he throw a fit again?

The Dark Knight and Since1969 like this.
  12. Falco21

The better question is, if he gets an extension today, will he then rescind his comments about Gase and Douglas?

Vida likes this.
  13. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I was critical of Manish's story on Gase being part of the problem last month because there didn't seem to be much substance. But, with direct quotes this time around... probs to Manish. Looks like he was right, and that's a shame.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

He's gone now.

So sad. I really enjoyed watching him play.

Vida and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There's no way they can keep and pay Adams now. He is creating a toxic atmosphere and will be a constant distraction. The day after they trade him, I hope the bastard tears up both knees and can never play again. He is dead to me and is now the most-hated Jet ever.

#1095 NCJetsfan, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  16. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Later Jamal what a headcase ... if Sam develops into a franchise QB we win the super bowl with or without Jamal if he doesn't we don't, with or without Jamal.

17. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He's gone. I don't even know that he believes half the stuff he's saying, but he's trying to get dealt.

I'm still in the same boat though, he's basically under contract for the next three years, so you cannot give him away. Douglas needs to get a nice return for him.

Didn't Douglas say he was going to address Adams contract after the draft? If he did say that and never reached out, I kind of understand why Adams is frustrated. Frustration happens, and I totally understand it. Obviously everyone wants the best deal for themselves. Trade him to Jacksonville for Yannick and a draft pick.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's pretty clear he's just going to kick and scream until he gets moved. You cannot under any circumstance give this guy an extension given his antics.

That would be a disaster of a precedent for the entire locker room.

Vida and The Dark Knight like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Agreed. Force him to hold out before you deal him for a shitty haul.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yep. He's gone.

The Dark Knight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.