ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

His power play failed and his bluff was called ....he will be fine until the Jets start losing and are eliminated from playoff contention then comes the predictable tantrum around the trade deadline.

blackssmagic and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The day is October 31, 2020. Jamal finds out Douglas listened to offers for him. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Over the last couple of weeks, Adams’ social media tune has drastically changed. Instead of defiance, silence has been the name of his game. Now, suddenly, he looks like he’s ready to roll for camp.

Jets rookies report on Tuesday with veterans slated for July 28—the date in which all franchises will commence camp. Quarterbacks and injured players are allowed to report two days after the rooks, which coincides well with Adams’ message that football is around the corner, and he intends on reporting.
    I don't think he will make a fuss about his contract before the season ends. Weather we extend him during the season or sign him to a new contract next off season doesn't matter, it all takes effect 2021. So stay cool Jamal, you'll get your contract & be a Jet for life:D

#1063 BudJet, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say his tune has changed from one extreme to the other. Not like he is tweeting pro-Jets stuff. He should. He is the leader of the defense. He has not though. Instead, he is basically just remaining quiet as the season approaches. Why? Because he does not have any other options. Hopefully he had a good discussion with the team either towards an extension or a trade, but we don't know.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Either he has talked with the team about an extension, some veterans players (either Jets or in the league), or Douglas, or Adam's agent told Adams to STFU, or some combination. As long as he runs his mouth, he sours his relationship with the Jets and lowers what the Jets could get back in return, so he's killing both options for him and the team.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Jets probably promised him an extension after the season and this COVID bullshit is over

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The sooner this clown is traded the better. This guy is such a diva.

azhar80 likes this.
  8. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Hes putting Woody Johnson on blast on his social media lol. Why cant people at least wait for the facts before they form an opinion?

I'm no Woody fan, the faster he sells the team, and the farther hes away from the Jets, the better imo. BUT whatever he is accused of, is serious, and the legal system should handle it. We dont need our "Star" player giving his premature opinion

jonnyd likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Right, way too uppity. He should know his place.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. Fuck those assholes saying all lives matter. Nobody likes people from Denmark.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Jamal’s been “disrespected” again...

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Dude, this guy has got to go!

This is getting out of hand and needs to be addressed by getting rid of the cancer.

This is not about Adam Gase or Joe Douglas. This is about a guy who is looking for more money and is apparently terrified he will lose out on his chance with an injury, like his father.

He is now throwing Douglas under the bus and backtracking on his comments last year praising Gase and his ability as a head coach.

I have a really hard time believing anything this guy says. Not because I am rooting for Gase to succeed, but because if this were all true, where is everyone else? And if this is all true, why was Adams claiming he wants to be a Jet for life if he felt the locker room was so toxic?

Mehta is a fuckin ass hat and I have the biggest feeling that Adams is now following his lead and using Gase and now Douglas as an excuse for wanting to be traded. He realized his money tactic and claiming he's the best player in the league, didn't work, so now he is bashing his Head Coach, the owner, the GM and how they all handle business and the locker room. It truly is a horseshit move.

If you have so many issues, sit down with your head coach and GM and explain your concerns. That is what a true leader would do.

You have guys on this roster coming out in support of the coaching staff. You have guys like Darnold and Bell grinding like crazy to create a winning franchise. You have new rookies biting at the bit to come out and prove their worth. Yet here Jamal Adams is, bashing his franchise on twitter because he has not received an extension.

Would all of these concerns remain true if he was given his contract he wants?

I am SO sick of this fuckin asshole

14. Still wanna give this diva chump 16+ M’s a year?

Constant self absorbed anti team behavior simply bc he wants to get paid 2 yrs early.

Hes quickly approaching all time most hated Jet for me.But i dont want him traded..i want him to have to sit & pout for 2 yrs.

Vida, nevbeats319 and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

But it’s definitely not about Adam Gase guys you’re right.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

How is our GM at fault because Adams is a greedy Revis type athlete? There's only 2 things he can do, pay him or ignore him. If you think JD sucks at his job then you expect him to bowl over and pay the man. If he did that, them he's fucked himself over going forward with every player that has 2 years left on his contract. I would hate him, hate him if he was stupid enough to give in when the player has zero, zero cards to play. They should do nothing except fine his ass if he doesn't show up. Mac would of open up the bank which is why this team is where it is. The Jets will pay him what he deserves, like they said they would when he has 1 year left, like they always do with homegrown talent. Until then, Jamal can act like a baby on twitter. There's a new sheriff in town fellas.

Vida likes this.
  17. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Waiting for the Adam Gase is a racist story to break any day now.

blackssmagic likes this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Whatever. The dude will be on the field week 1. I don't even care what this idiot says anymore.

blackssmagic likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I do love the irony in the fact that Jamal calls out Adam Gase for being terrible at managing problems, meanwhile…

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right. It's not just Adam Gase, now it's Joe Douglas also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.