Redskins "Bombshell" Why Alex Santos and Richard Mann Were Fired

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GordonGecko, Jul 16, 2020.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

News about to drop on the Redskins. The Washington Post is hyping this up like they ran a concentration camp for new born puppies dressed in Nazi uniforms. Anybody wanna guess what they're going to say in today's report?

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Well that's the new franchise name sorted - the Washington Traffickers.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The losing and racist name wasn't bad enough, huh?

5. GordonGecko

Story dropped, some women were sexually harassed by Santos and Mann. Doesn't seem like a major story, I guess people were hoping Snyder could get pushed out

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean it's bad, but it's not as bad as it was hyped up to be. I was reading about all these potential human trafficking cases and selling women to season ticket holders and Jay Gruden being involved in sex parties.

Didn't see any of that thankfully.

7. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Wow. This didn't live up to the hype.

there has been an annoying push for more women in front offices, on coaching staffs. This is not going to help things (not that it was a good idea to begin with. NFL football, where men are men...not really the best environment for women

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  8. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

If Kraft hasn't been pushed out for all his misconduct, Snyder won't be pushed out for this either. The Colts owner is also a double digit IQ pill popper. A good chunk of these guys are degenerates much like so many of the players. The Mara's are known scumbags with a history of infighting

9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

This is much worse than Kraft. JMO

This is a scandal.

The media will try to force Snyder to sell they've had it in for him ever since he bought the team I think. I hope he doesn't but these days anything is possible. He could be sick too (no info just a gut feeling) hardly ever see or hear about him anymore.

Men need to be very, very VERY careful in the workplace. Keep things strictly professional at all times.

10. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

Well Kraft has had multiple incidents, I was kind of comparing it to Kraft as a whole since joining the league as an owner and not his masseuse incident. But I won't fight you on this it could end up embarrassing the league very badly. Indeed this isn't the mad men days. I tell my people constantly...no compliments, no nothing. No "you look nice" No "you've lost weight" none of that. And know your audience at work at all times. Know your audience everywhere. Don't post ANY opinions online under your real name. You're chatting with your buddies in a conference room at 4pm on a Friday about fantasy football, sex, and cars. You think that woman passing by the open door to go to the vending machine is harmless right? Wrong. I've seen an incident where all three were fired after she went to HR.

11. GordonGecko

No doubt, do not compliment anyone on looks or clothing, never pat on the back or touch unless you hold out your hand and she reaches back out.

But then you have some really out there rules. Sexual harassment company policy at Netflix Inc. makes it a fireable offense to maintain eye contact with a woman for more than 5 consecutive seconds :confused:

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I just some heard some interesting facts on Fox Sports Radio. 40 top Redskins executives have either been fired, their contract not renewed or have resigned during the time Snyder has run the team. They have had 7 HCs in 21 years and have no GM at present.

On the same talk show, they said that the Bengals had never had a scouting department until Marvin Lewis was hired 2003. He was responsible for turning that franchise around so that they hired a scouting staff. Prior to that time, the coaching staff was responsible for scouting!

Noam likes this.
  13. WarriorRB28

I've done that a few times they seemed to appreciate it. I think a honest compliment is fine it's if something is expected in return or done constantly that it could be a problem. Much more often than not I bite my tongue don't say anything.

Overall I agree 99.9% with what you say.

Dangerous times out there for men. Feels like walking on eggshells all the time but it is what it is.

If I know that a executive for a NFL franchise worth billions should have known better. They lost it all they'll never get another job in the NFL and their name will get dragged through the mud.

Wow!

14. GordonGecko

Honest compliments are for normal people. It just takes that 1 in 100 or whatever it is to compliment a nasty 3rd wave feminist and she's going to convince herself you raped her. Not kidding, those that have been completely indoctrinated in college "Critical Studies" are very damaged people

15. WarriorRB28

*sigh*

Yeah

Yeah that's why much more often than not I bite my tongue. It's like playing russian roulette with your job & reputation.

16. Thats only changed slightly.The bengals still expect their CS to be heavily involved in scouting,still have about a 1/4 of total scouting personnel Compared to all other teams & about a 1/4 of the overall scouting budget as well.

And to think they consistently find more talent than the Jets who have one of the larger departments in the whole league.Depressing.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I don't even touch or compliment my wife during business hours since we're both working from home now. I mean, why risk it?

18. WarriorRB28

It looks like there's been a behind the scenes power play going on there with some of the minority owners now pressuring Snyder to sell the team.

I hope he stands strong but man that organization seems rotten to the core. It looks like he made some VERY poor decisions first in the partners he chose and also not firing the exec when he was accused over a year ago. Most (all?) work places have zero tolerance for that it's damning he wasn't fired right away. I'm sure he made many other mistakes along the way.