Our next Jamal Adams...on the field

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jun 26, 2020.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ha! Could be . . . ! :eek:

2. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

*Opens Jets history book*
    Boy do I have a story for you

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. phill1c

phill1c Member

Do you really, in your mind, spell a person's or dog's name while saying it?

4. jetophile

Why, helllloooooo, there, Phil, how's things? I don't know, do you spell MY name in your mind? Probably, even though language is arbitrary. I'll just call ya Fill from now on, if that's OK. Buttle just doesn't suit.

5. phill1c

phill1c Member

No, I don't spell your name in my mind. I didn't even know you had a name. I just saw a particularly moronic post and, vu voila...

6. jetophile

Liar on all counts, but that's OK. I gotta tell ya, Fill, you're more sour than you used to be. A shame. Don't worry, though. I'm still a kook, so it all balances out in the end.

7. phill1c

phill1c Member

Ok, I'll be less sour and sweeten.

but I don't think my brain spells out things letter by letter so...

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Guy hasn't even played a professional game yet. Let's hope for the best for him, but if you think he'd step in on day 1 and put up anywhere near the quality of play of Adams, then IDK what to say. It will take years and with great development to achieve that.

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. jetophile

You can always work on that, Pfil. We all have room for improvement. I am personally trying to work on staying in better touch with people and being less anti-social; but that last part, I think it's OK to concede that there's really nothing wrong with enjoying solitude probably more than the next guy. People are terrible for the most part. It's a good thing they're not palatable, otherwise I'd be on a cannibal rampage just to get them out of my way. People were so nice after 9/11, major suckage with COVID-19.

So what say you, Pfil, kick Jamal Adams in his ass or what? I say kick away like the goddamn Radio City Musical Hall Rockettes, and hopefully long before The Annual Christmas Show. Wait, that blowhard hump Andrew Cuomo probably won't let the Rockettes do their job come December, so seeing as they may need employment come the Holiday Season, we may as well do them a favor by helping them bank some extra cash NOW. I'm all for being a good citizen, so therefore I'm all for kick-starting - speaking of kicking - The Kick Jamal Adams in His Ass Radio City Musical Hall Rockettes Fund. You can be Comptroller, now that I know what the C stands for in your user name. Oh, maybe it's for 501c; which in that case, lends even greater experience to your new position.

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. phill1c

phill1c Member

ugh...the useless waste of intellectual energy...seriously, have you EVER gotten laid in the time you've been posting? cause you sound like someone stuck in the house with a few cats and a decades-old vibrator.

I really don't care to be distracted by antipathy. The plan is to NOT extend Adams this offseason, let him play for the Jets this upcoming season, and reevaluate after the season.

11. jetophile

Oh, well, that was fun while it lasted. If you consider that an intellectual waste of energy, wait until I start quoting Virgil; but you can go back to being an even worse sourpuss than before. Talk about schizoid. Anyway, I don't have a cat, I have a dog, and I prefer the real thing. It's a lot less lonely.

Who said anything about extending Adams? I don't consider kicking someone in the ass antipathetic, but whatever. Not really sure what you're so being so aggressive about, Phfill. You should try a yoga class. You'll probably hate it as much as I did (it was even free), mostly because of all the flakes - which is why I won't do yoga ever again - and then maybe we'll be on the same page. Ohmmmm. See? I can't even do it in my living-room because all I can think of is that middle-aged liberal tool named James wearing fckn socks with sandals and talking shit. Now my day is ruined. Thanks, Phfill.

K'OB and SOJAZ like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't really care what the 40 times are, he's definitely not faster than Jamal Adams on the field or to the ball. Nor does he have the instincts to get to the ball after it's been released like Adams has. Adams reminds me of a jack rabbit on the field because he has a bounce to his step as soon as the ball is out of the QB's hands. He gets to the play side from 30 yards away in a flash.

That's not to knock down Davis. The Call defense was well coached with a bunch of good tacklers that played sound assignment football. Davis is more of a rangy rugged free safety, but since he's an apt and willing tackler, he can play strong safety for sure. Hopefully we get to see him in the Kam Chancellor role and crack some heads in the cover 3/pick some balls off.

Losing Adams and replacing him with a third round rookie will be a big blow to this team. But it's also not crippling because losing strong safeties rarely is.

HomeoftheJets, Aero and Mogriffjr like this.
  13. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

yes, I see Maye moving to SS and Davis to FS. Maye may be a better SS then he was at FS

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

BREAKING NEWS: After visiting The Gang Green, JD tore up Ashtyn Davis' rookie contract and gave him a 6yr $120M fully guaranteed extension, making Davis the highest paid defensive player in the league.

...oh wait...that's what MacCagnan would have done. Never mind!

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

How bout he just be the first Ashtyn Davis. He probably doesn't want to be associated with a whing crybaby like Adams

K'OB likes this.
  16. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Davis has so much upside an potential. I think back and the Jets have had some decent talent at the Safety position of the years. Hopefully Davis can be added to this list

Erik McMillan- DRookie of the year and Pro Bowl in rookie season. In his four years with the Jets he compiled 22 INTS

Darol Ray- Like McMillan he burst onto the scene in NJ. 13 INTS in his first two season, 3 too 3 of them to the house

Victor Green- Total Parcells guy. Hard Nosed and feisty. A poor mans Rodney Harrison

Marcus Maye- Is building a nice resume, big year for him

Jamal Adams- Top 5 at his position

Brian Washington- Very durable and consistent on some bad teams. He started 75 of 77 games and averaged just over 3 INTS a year (18 in 5 seasons). Underrated player IMO

#36 RochesterJet, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    boozer32 likes this.
  17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Jim Leonard was pretty good. Darrold Ray was one of my favorites. Kerry Rhodes was decent.

RochesterJet likes this.
  18. jetophile

You shoulda been here during the Matt Lineart hysteria.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sadly alot of guys come on here and want guys to be great because they think they are their type of guys. its a want but they really really really want it so they can tell the guy they dont like to f off.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

maybe he can be the next eric smith or jon mcgraw