Alex Lewis vs Manish Mehta

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by themorey, Jun 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/25/alex-lewis-defends-jets-coach-adam-gase/

Jets coach Adam Gase recently found himself getting the blame for safety Jamal Adams wanting out, based on an article from Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. Jets guard Alex Lewis has taken up for Gase.

“I have mad respect for Coach Gase,” Lewis said on Instagram. “We have phenomenal personnel in the building, on both offense and defense. We are building a winning culture and mentality from the top down. I believe in this staff, this organization, and most importantly my teammates. I realize everyone has a job to do, our jobs are multifaceted. In the locker room, training room, weight room, meeting room and on the field we are building a winning culture. I felt like all of this needed to be said on the heels of reading Manish Mehta’s article lumping all players in one mindset disparaging the head coach. I am proud to be a New York Jet. . . .”

Mehta, in his article about Adams, wrote that “[p]layers don’t respect Gase, who has rubbed them the wrong way with his inability to lead and lack of support.” Mehta also wrote that “[t]oo many people on 1 Jets Drive — including players, coaches and front office members — don’t trust or believe in Gase, whose disingenuous bent hasn’t been lost on people in the organization,” and that players “painted a picture of an insecure figure always willing to point the finger at others for the team’s failings last season.”

Lewis separately said to Mehta, “[G]ive up your sources. You don’t speak for the locker room or myself. You got no place in the locker room if you are going to overgeneralize all players. Manish you are a poison to this team.”

Whatever the reason, Adams clearly wants out of New York. And to the extent that he was seeking an extension and those talks broke down, it’s fair to conclude that, if the Jets have given Adams what he wanted, he would have been happy to keep playing for Gase. Which tends to contradict the idea that Gase is the problem.

2. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

nycarl likes this.
  3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If Adams wants out, and it certainly seems that he does, then ultimately he must go, it just has to be at the right time for the Jets, not Adams. We don't want any players that don't want to be here. Evidently, Adams is impatient and immature. He wants to win now, and isn't willing to work for it and wait a little.

He also wants the praise of being a leader and great teammate, but doesn't actually want to have to do it. He just wants to run around being a star, a big shot. Eff him.

mrmajix and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

not what this thread is about, obviously

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

Since when do threads around here stay on topic? I'll bet you can't find a single thread on this site where someone or several someones don't make a related, but off topic post, if not totally derail the thread. My post is related, because it centers on Gase. Reports are that Adams doesn't want to be here because of Gase, and that's what Mehta's article was about that Adams and other Jets players don't like Gase. Gase may need to go, but as long as he is our HC, players need to shut up to the media and social media and make the best of the situation.

7. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

lol, I guess Manish no-showed this afternoon's conference call with Gase? Didn't show up after his last major hit piece at the end of the season either. Cimini and Connor Hughes also commented on this without directly saying his name, so it sure seems to be the case.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Manish=Coronavirus*

*edited to stay current..... and since cancer isnt contagious

Footballgod214 likes this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

The fact that no other Jet writer ran with the story speaks volumes. And they are basically clowning him for being a no show for the conference call. Wyatt is a damn joke.

FJF and Aero like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

How Manish still has a job is beyond me. Regardless, he'll probably get the last laugh when (if) the season starts and Gase is tasked with winning football games.

Noam and BacktoQueens like this.
  12. phill1c

phill1c Member

This was Gase's first year. The Jets improved 3 games from the year before. The Jets offense improved in the last 9 games.

I don't really know or care what happened in Miami. I didn't want him in the first place.

But I can't trash what he's done because the Jets actually entertained me the last half of the year. And that's something they hadn't done in a year and a half before then.

wewantsapp, LAJet, JETS1116 and 6 others like this.
  13. phill1c

phill1c Member

sorry for the double post, strong storm...

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Cancer of the Manish. Sounds bad.
    I just bought a new toilet from Home Depot. It's one of them Dual Flush jobs. The plumber is kind of a buddy of mine so he's cutting me a great deal on the install. I have an old home and that wax ring has to be just right. I'm excited to try it out, just like those rare times when I got to eat out as a kid in a restaurant. I just HAD to "go to the bathroom". Of course I didn't. I just had to check out the bathroom to flush the toilet.

C'mon, you all know you did that, especially since eating out was a novelty and almost unheard of due to finances growing up. You had to see if it was really loud and made funny noises and if it did, you had to get up another time later on and do it again. All the more so if your cousin was there, because it was funnier. It was the best if it was really crazy, like the cake in 'The Little Rascals', weep WOW weep WOW. City plumbing was always good for a laugh. Who cares about this thread, anyway.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Thank fuck for modern-day technology eh :D:D:D

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Some shitty posts in here...

JETS1116 likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

18. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

The uncomfortable answer is this: look in the mirror. (I mean that collectively). We click on his stories, even if it's just idle curiosity to see what kind of bullshit he cooked up today, we follow him on Twitter, and we discuss him incessantly in here. All those clicks, followers and attention probably convinced his bosses that he has a huge following and will generate much-needed clicks for the Daily News. He convinced them that he's a star. Look at John Harper, the best baseball writer in New York. He never pulled the clickbait bullshit that Mehta pulls and never blew his own horn the way Mehta does, and Harper got laid off by the Daily News while Mehta kept his job. 'Nuff said.

FJF likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I've only clicked on a Mehta story one time, and that was just a month or so ago.

You have a point however about the Daily Schnooze. They are a sleazebag rag tabloid excuse for a newspaper. Years ago, I wrote to one of the sportswriters there to complain about his writing opinions all the time rather than presenting facts and interesting data. He responded and said that's not what he was taught in journalism school or what his editors want. They're trying to sell newspapers. They don't care about the truth or quality reporting. They want controversy so people buy a paper or click so they get more advertising dollars. If we all really wanted to make a difference, we would write to the advertisers of the Daily Schnooze and tell them we will not buy products or read the Daily Schooze again until the quality of the reporting improves, all the hacks like Mehta are fired and gone, and all the click bait crap is gone.

20. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

Boycott Mehta. For the good of our team, it’s players and us fans.