ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Another Manish hit piece on Gase. He is an embarrassment of a reporter. It wouldn't piss me off so much if people just thought of him as the tabloid trash and embarrassment that he is, but anytime he says something like this it makes major news and that is just wrong. I wish he was a part of the Jets organization so he could be packaged with Adams and sent elsewhere.

He is wrong too. You don't go (1-7) and then almost flip it by going (6-2) if your locker room doesn't believe in you or support you. I have seen many a team completely flop after starting (1-7) and if the Jets players truly felt that way about Gase, they would have too. Instead, we saw growth and improvement throughout the year. Manish is such a loser, just like Adams, who is likely his "source".

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is the shit that fuels the horseshit on this forum.

Many people on here will look for any way to blame Gase or throw blame at him for any issue they have. Reporters like Manish provide the fuel for their fire. Reminds me a lot of the pro Trump media. Conspiracy theories are gaining enormous amounts of steam because irresponsible "journalism" helps fuel it.

You can hate Gase's gameplans. You can hate Gase's way of being and attitude. But there is no way he has lost a locker room after the way he coached this team the second half of the season. With all of the injuries and issues, he managed to close with a 6-2 record. That's an amazing feat and not something that loses the locker room.

Jamal Adams is a immature piece of shit who only cares about himself and feeding his ego. He thought the world ended because our GM listened to offers regarding his trade. He hasn't sat down with them, yet is demanding an extension and now a trade.

According to Manish, Adams, who was just looking for an extension, is now looking for a trade because of Adam Gase? If Adam Gase is such a problem, why was he just looking for an extension and why did he get so upset when rumors circulated that Douglas listened to trade offers?

Fuckin joke

3. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

If any other Jets reporter can make a connection between Gase and Jamal Adams, then there's something there. Until then, treat it like nothing more than another Manish hit piece.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

First of all, Manish sucks. But yeah, it's obvious that Gase is part of the problem.

5. The Dark Knight

Yeah, good example, @Falco21. It does feel like that. If you use basic logic, as you just outlined, Manish sounds (and is) ridiculous.

As for Jamal, he is all over the place. Like I have said before, I do feel kind of bad for him, because he is so lost and in over his head with this terrible strategy, but he brought it all on himself. He just keeps digging deeper. Makes me worry other teams will see this and have no interest in trading for him. I know I wouldn't.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

Our 6-2 record came against the Dolphins twice (one of which was a loss), Bengals (loss), Giants, Redskins, Raiders home at 1 pm, Steelers with Duck Hodges, and Bills backups. Hue Jackson could have done well against that schedule.

ColoradoContrails and rammagen like this.
  7. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

Gents, I said this before, and I’ll say it again.

I don’t think you have any idea how much of a problem Adam Gase is. I genuinely hope he’s the Jets HC for the next 5 years.

8. HomeoftheJets

And I hope Tua's a bust.

9. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

That’s totally fair.

...do you think he will be?

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Don’t lump us together. Some of us are well aware of how much of a problem Adam Gase is.

HotSauce and rammagen like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

No, the losses were the Ravens and Bengals. I still can't explain that Bengals loss. The Jets played the Ravens pretty tough for it being a short week, on the road, and without Jamal Adams, who was injured. The Dolphins loss was a season low though, which dropped the Jets to (1-7). Climbing back up from that is impressive no matter what the schedule was. Kind of odd to try to talk as if it was not or try to devalue it.

I get not liking Gase, but I always try to be fair. He gets plenty of criticism. Some fair, many not so much.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. ooooohhh we shouldve heeded your warning.Since you have so much inside info & care so much about Jet fans well being.

You think Gase sucks cause him succeeding w the Jets is literally your worst nightmare.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

Depends if he can stay healthy. If yes, I think he'll be very good. But the injury risk is high with him.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  14. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I'ld like to know who the he'll is his kids agent & how he hasn't told Adams to cool off cause it's hurting his reputation. If he wants to get a deal done, do it behind closed doors. Cut out the childish social media. He thinks dragging the Jets through the mud is going to force their hand when in actuality it is doing the opposite.

#654 BudJet, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly! I have a friend that used to work in the Insurance Fraud/Investigation Division of GEICO. He told me some interesting stories. If Adams is faking any injury in camp, then he should be fairly easy to catch in the lie.

16. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I hope you are wrong and he is gone after next yr. I dont think he is a good coach and has not really done anything without a hall of fame qb changes his plays in denver. he went 7 and 9 last yr with two loses to winless teams and one to philly where he looked totally unprepared and the qb looked lost a player he brought with him from miami who knew the offense.....

we dont know how much of an issue Gase is either way here, but given with Miami there were issues with players this story no matter who wrote it should be taken with some seriousness because there is a history there with Gase alienating players. So who is to say Adams is not a Gase player, or Adams is running his mouth or gase is partially to blame.
    We need more information, see below a fair read from another writer posted 11 hours ago

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/...ami-dolphins-keleche-osemele-jarvis-landry/5/

Gase didn’t make a lot of friends during his time in Miami. He reportedly favored certain players over others, which boiled over into trades and releases. Most notably were receiver Jarvis Landry, running back Jay Ajayi and defensive tackle Jordan Phillips. Landry and Ajayi were traded away, while Phillips was released.

Landry blasted the culture Gase cultivated in Miami and went so far as to claim Gase would threaten to trade players to the Browns if they didn’t follow his instructions. Gase said those comments were jokes, but the Dolphins literally traded Landry to the Browns in 2018.

17. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Not a Gase fan at all but it's smart to paint him as the bad guy or the problem then all the moronic fans will jump on board and give Adams an out and he can play the victim ....playing the victim seems to be a trend these days.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We're talking past each other. When I said if Adams has to sit, I didn't mean that the Jets force him to sit for two years. I wouldn't sit Adams to fuck him. If he dogs it in TC or fakes an injury, I would probably bench him for a practice or two, but by "if he has to sit" I meant if he held out and refused to report. It was probably poor word choice on my part as a result of not having much time to respond, and doing it too quickly. I don't think Adams would choose to sit out like Bell. I've already said that he'd be totally stupid to not report because he wouldn't get credit for those years of service, and if he sat out for two years, he wouldn't get paid what he wants.

My response has everything to do with this issue. Sorry that you can't see it. I know the virus is making us all crazy, but I'm not upset with you, and no one said that we had to agree.

K'OB likes this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Metha is the ultimate worthless turd who is bitter about the fact that Gase knows what a low life snake he is. So here is his rational: Adam wants to be traded because of Gase but on the same breath objected and was insulted that JD took a phone call about potentially trading him. OK, how fucking stupid is that?
    Classic problem, Adam, a great safety is not worth that much trouble, because he is not a leader, he is not worth the kind of money he wants, nor is he worth keeping over a first round pick plus a starter at OL, WR or any other top position. He is the head case equivalent of AB without having won shit.
    It’s time to let Adam walk and for Metha to go fuck himself And get a real Jet beat writer.
    Neither have an ounce of credibility left. If there is something in common between Adam and Metha is they are immature whiners with the ability to spread absolute BS via command media.

#659 LAJet, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think this needs an edit

jetophile likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.