Report - Jets Trying To Trade Bell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by footballfundamentals, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Makes no sense. His value has never been higher than today. He played at an even higher level after the end of the trade deadline, increasing his value.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  2. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Don’t do it, please don’t do it.

3. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I have to say that the original poster was correct in his assessment.

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If We trade Jamal Adams because we didnt want to pay him then im done being a fan of this team.I just can no longer support a inept Franchise that does things like this.First you hire Gase now your gonna let him trade a guy like Jamal Adams because of his pathetic ego.He deserves to be paid....They will lose the fan base for sure when we go 4-12 this year if we trade Adams.

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. LongIslandBlitz

We have no good players because we A: Let them walk in free agency,or B trade them,or C dont use them properly.This team will continue to be a joke under Gase...

KWJetsFan likes this.
  6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Also, why would any good player want to be a part of this dumpster fire franchise? It's a vicious cycle with no end in sight.

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. Volume of picks.

1 premium day 1 & as many day 2 picks over multiple years as possible.

Yeah the HC might be an issue but the only way out of this viscious cycle is drafting alot of good players over multiple campaigns.

Could this method fail? Yep.But one way or another nothing matters until the team drafts better.Giving the FO more trips to the plate the better chance this gets better in a whole sale way.

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

O line is probably the least position we need. That was the main thing Douglas addressed in n.v the offseason and in the first round.

9. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

How does Gase get the blame for this? I'm pretty sure we hired a GM to handle that stuff... some guy named Joe something or other? Maybe I was dreaming the whole time...
    Oh wait, I get it. It's because "GASE".
    If you want to criticize the coach because of play calling, player development, leadership style, whatever - those arguments might be legitimate. But let's give credit where credit is due, and lay blame where blame is due.
    For the record, I don't believe anyone in the Jets organization is to "blame" for Jamal's actions other than Jamal.

RochesterJet, MoWilkBeast and Jets69 like this.
  10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

You don't pay a saftey when he's under control for 4 years....that's what dumb teams do...nobody wants to pay a ss 20 mil that's why he's with very little

RochesterJet and dmw like this.
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If he wants to leave so much - then let him leave. It's not even like the team will not compensate him. He might have been without covid-19 strike. If he can't see these situations, or is refusing to understand these, maybe he is not so much a team player after all.

KurtTheJetsFan and Burnz like this.
  12. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Adams has 2 years left. Not only is his approach in question but his desire. I knew he was a winner when drafted and told myself he would want to be traded. Is trading him right for the franchise? No. BUT Is trying to string this along and keep someone who DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE the correct choice? Get the picks and move on a premier SS is like a premier RB in this league its replaceable. He is a superstar dont get me wrong but is the contract worth this headache?

13. LongIslandBlitz

The Seahawks won a Superbowl because of there secondary...The Legion Of Boom got them to that point.Without them it doesnt happen.So i disagree...In a throwing league Jammal Adams is worth the money.Its like Revis in 09 10 he has that potential

MJK likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Legion of Boom was a legion, not one guy. And they weren't paying the members of the legion big bucks when they won the Super Bowl. Eventually the legion's contracts expired, and they let a lot of them walk.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they won because of Russell Wilson

16. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

do you think dallas would come up with a 1st and 3rd in 2021 and a 2nd and 3rd in 2022

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

They could, but will they have the cap space to extend Jamal? IDK about that.

18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

No, they won't lose the fanbase over this. J$m$l is either asking for too much money because he's greedy or he just wants to go to Dallas. Good riddance.

19. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Exactly....who was on his rookie deal!!!! why is this so hard for people to figure out
    If Jamal would have just continued to put the work in and honor the deal that paid him a 14+M signing bonus and a guarantee of 23+ then I'm sure the Jets would have worked out a deal next summer.
    He jumped the gun and did it at a dumb time considering

1)he has 2 years left on the deal since the Jets picked up his option and the Jets also can franchise him (under control till 2023)
    2)NFL revenue will absolutely be down this year because of COVID

Maybe Jamal isn't that smart...

20. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

they need to come up with a future #1, #3, and a Player like Vander Esch, Gallup, or COOPER!

With the addition of Lamb (who I doubt they expected to be there) moving Cooper may be the way out of Cap purgatory.

Adams could then get his deal and we have the space absorb the Cooper deal.
    10M,20M,20M and then the Jets could cut bait

Cooper, Mims, Crowder, Bell, Herdon….AND a #1&#3
    BYE JAMAL

BrowningNagle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.