Soccer... Premier League, La Liga, Champions League and more

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Sep 23, 2018.

1. UK jet

UK jet Member

I've had a bet on Gladbach to win the league without Bayern Munich so hope your Bayer get stuffed haha
    260 quid back if I win

Brook! likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well knowing this, I at least will be happy that your bet will stay strong. I just don’t see it though. Borussia Dortmund will probably finish ahead of Gladbach.

3. UK jet

UK jet Member

Ok
    Dortmund probably will but only £22.50 back if I went for them vrs £260 for Gladbach so went for the longer shot

Brook! likes this.
  4. Brook!

Smart bet

UK jet likes this.
  5. Brook!

Sorry bud. Bayer up 3-1 against Gladbach. But at least Dortmund is up 2-0 as well.

6. UK jet

UK jet Member

Yea watched the Bayer game it was a good game plenty of action
    Just bad result from my point of view

Brook! likes this.
  7. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Great match today in Bundesliiga, Dortmund vs Bayern Munich. If Bayern wins this match, they will in all likelihood win the championship.

8. Brook!

They won the game and I think it is fair to say Bayern Munchen will win the league again making it 9 straight. Bundesliga is being ruined by them unfortunately.

9. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

English Premier League is set to return on June 17th. Liverpool will be crowned as the champions, but there at least is still hope for Aston Villa to climb out of the relegation zone. They really need to stay up and continue to build a competitive squad and hopefully challenge the top teams for places in European competitions.

JohnnyP123456 and Brook! like this.
  10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

PL games for the first few weeks have been leaked

[​IMG]

Brook! likes this.
  11. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

12. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the PL to return. 10 games to save ourselves from relegation. #UTV

Still can't believe I was able to slide over to a game at VP right before Covid started rapidly causing cancelations.

Brook! likes this.
  13. UK jet

UK jet Member

The relegation battle will certainly be more exciting than the other end of table
    Wouldn't like to call it anyone from Newcastle down are fighting for their lives

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  14. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

15. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I feel for you.

Given L1 & 2 clubs couldn't afford to play games behind closed doors (and none of the money sloshing around in the Prem was going to be used to help), what did you think would have been the fairest way to solve it?

Brook! likes this.
  16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

If you can afford to contest the playoffs you can afford to have some form of contest to see who occupies the final relegation spot. We were in our best form of the season, finally had a fully fit squad and our next game was guess who? PPG is so flawed it is unreal. Not even a weighted system which takes home and away into account, like that has no effect on games.

For the record, I don't have a problem with there being promotion and relegation, but I don't think any team should be counted as champions because no one actually won anything (well, except in something like the 6th tier where the one team who had actually already won their league had their season voided, so in the ultimate irony no champions and no promotion). And if you're going to have relegations, teams should have a fair chance to avoid it. Why not include us and Wimbledon in the playoffs for example?

Frankly I think most teams in L1 could have played on, but because under the proposals they knew exactly the result they could expect they took the easy route. In normal circumstances I'm fairly confident we wouldn't have been relegated.

17. UK jet

UK jet Member

Who's us my friend

18. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

You raise some interesting points, some I agree with, others not (given our season, hardly surprising). I've responded to each one as I think that's what your post deserves, thanks.

I wonder if Sky showing all play off matches is the reason they can be afforded. I think the better way would have been that if the season is to be ended, then third place goes up. There is an inconsistency about the fact that we can't afford to play and are then playing the play off matches. As there is no play offs for relegation i think a relegation play off would have been a hard sell.

Nothing I can say to that. Really feel for you, fella.

I'm amazed they didn't weight home and away game, amazed. Probably about as amazed as Wycombe are delighted.

I'm gonna disagree here, unsurprisingly. Under ppg, home/ away ppg we were top. The season ended and we were top, so champions. Our record against bottom half teams this season is 100%. We only had one top half team to play. I am fully confident we'd have won the league had it played out. Jersey got totally stiffed.

Tough one to answer. I guess there are no relegation play offs, so that may be why.

Hard to argue with that.

Yeah, that's the one that really hurts, I guess. Shit, fella I really feel for you, all i can say is I hope you bounce back as champions and come back to L1 with the positive momentum that will bring.

Brook! likes this.
  19. Brook!

PL is back. La Liga is back. Turkish League is back. This summer will at least be fun before Jets hit the field.

FinnishJET likes this.
  20. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I believe Tranmere. Though things might get interesting b/c of the situation in France, where the national court suspended relegation for the top flight and 2nd division

MoWilkBeast likes this.