PFT: Jets in the mix for Devonta Freeman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, May 21, 2020.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If this is true, it will be a run to set up the pass game plan with 4 running backs active on game day. Bell, Gore, Freeman and may be the rookie. Canon will be a casualty. OL has a bunch of bruisers now to make it run heavy. Could we see more Formations with two running backs on the back field or one RB wide on short passing situations?

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There's a reason for that...

3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I would rather sign B. Powell for 2mil. Freeman already turned down 4mil offer from Seattle.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

If Devonta Freeman makes the slightest resemblance of a block on Dont'a Hightower in Super Bowl LI, --- maybe.....just maybe......the Falcons don't lose that game.

Not as bad as Dee Ford lining up offsides in the 2018 AFC Championship game,.............but it didnt help.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Freeman has been painfully average for about 3 years now and that's when he's actually healthy which is rare. Let the rookie get his feet wet behind Bell and Gore, don't erase him from the gameplan for a guy that was beat out by his backup and then cut even when his backup was gone.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well..we are witnessing the Offense/Game Plan that Gase has up his sleeve with all these RBs...if this works and we win I wont say a thing tbh

At least we are pumping up the Offensive weapons instead of spending so much on getting a great defense so the team is progressing out of the dark ages..so we will see

7. Im all for adding weapons for Darnold including w a guy like Freeman who may just need a change of scenery.

But if this ends up being like Ty Montgomery where either Bell or Freeman is in the doghouse & exiled it should be a fireable offense.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

ahaha I was just going to post whatever happened to the other Atlanta guy Ty Montgomery???

I guess the Jets could possibly be 2 steps forward hiring Joe D then a step sideways/back if Gase gets canned....wish I could read the Tea Leaves where this team is headed

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Funny you say that, cause I was just thinking that. Fans and writers and even teams themselves keep pushing all this football stuff. Whether it is classic games or whatever during this pandemic and I was thinking this is the down time for the NFL. I don't need to watch games or anything like that. The NFL off-season, besides social distancing, has done what it always does. Now is the time you wait until Training Camp. People are acting like football has been gone for years, when in fact, not much has changed in the slightest.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

A fair point, but most NFL runningbacks struggle with Hightower. ILB sack totals will never totally reflect how good of a Blitzer and box player he really is. He's this Patriots era version of Bruschi, Roman Phifer, Ted Johnson, etc. And he might be better than all of them.

It seems like the Jets are pretty content with a redshirt year for Perine. I don't quite get it, but if we want to accumulate veteran talent to help Sam in the backfield it does make some sense considering how unprotected in general he was last year.

I just don't think you draft runningbacks to force them to wait to play. That's a waste of a very short career lifespan they have as it is. The tread argument doesn't really work. Runningbacks generally fall off a cliff around 27-28 regardless of more/less tread because the human body can rarely take the grind of the position as they age. There are obviously anomaly's but still.

11. BroadwayAaron

F this guy. Would be a dumb signing and even dumber now that we know he turned down $4 mil from Seattle.

boozer32 likes this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree this is a pointless signing if it does actually goes down. Freeman hasn't played a whole year yet.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Nah. Matt Ryan is supposed to dump it off over Hightower to Freeman...they were sending a blitz. But Ryan didn't read it and was trying to go deep. Stupid! They lost trying to embarrass the Pats when they could have run, run, dump off and take what Belichick's D was giving them. Freeman did the right thing...like dump it off let me get 10+ yards and burn the clock. again STUPID!

14. BroadwayAaron

That was a dogshit chip block. He was thinking reception before anything else and gave Hightower a damn near free shot at the QB.

Regardless, the signing would be a dumb one and it’s clear hes not settling for anything less than his asking price. No thank you.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

McDonalds is hiring. That is your future Freeman.