Tired of Corona...Brook coming down to Florida. Advice Needed

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, May 3, 2020.

1. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

There's some businesses closed but for the most part everyone and everything is pretty normal down here...I went to the store yesterday and I would say 20 percent of people are wearing masks....not interested in a Covid or political debate...if you are afraid of infection don't come down...if you are not come down and enjoy.

#21 MJK, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    FJF and Brook! like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not sure if normal should ever be used to describe the situation in Florida.
    That said, are they still checking New York plates at the state line?

3. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Normal in the sense people are going about their business and not freaking out which I'm guessing isn't the case in NY....like I said not interested in a Covid/political debate...I'm almost positive they got rid of check points at the start of phase 1.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  4. FJF

Just having a little fun with the freaky Florida meme.
    Ok thanks.

MJK and Brook! like this.
  5. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Lol ok gotcha...just stay out of Central Florida that's were most of Florida man lives. Lol

6. FJF

I lived 17 years in Jacksonville, still have property there, more familiar with Florida man than I’d like to be.
    Florida- the further north you go the more south you are.

stinkyB and MJK like this.
  7. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I've never been...I moved to St Pete a few years ago parents live in Ocala..Orlando North is definitely hick...Florida is a strange place if you don't pick the right spot that's for sure. Lol

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Hey, I resemble that remark

stinkyB likes this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

FloridaJetFan got old and lazy and hyphenated his user name. Hold on, it may have been FloridaJet or just FlaJet . . . I have to get a visual on it, but I think it's Door #3. It's been a trying day.

10. jetophile

So check this out. It doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I came across it by accident and jumped. As in "GAH!" It's just so weird! Funny weird.

[​IMG]

Haha, what the frig. You know in those cheesy early 70s Witch movies when the Coven or the Satanists or whatever are chanting fake Latin and then they say, "Hail, The Dark One!" or "Hail, Lucifer!" or some shit like that? Just put a bunch of 70s Witch movie assholes in hooded capes in the background and it's perfect. In fact, I want that huge photo of Sam's head to scare the crap out of unsuspecting company. "Hey, can I use your bathroom?" "Sure . . . " That's what you get for being a nosy hump and pulling aside my shower curtain!

11. FJF

It was flajetfan. But I moved back to New York and did it feel the name fit anymore.

12. jetophile

I knew I was right after I posted that. I was tired and irritated so it took me a minute. A New York Minute. 'From New York to Florida and Back Again' sounds like a book. Culture shock, meth, senior citizens run amok, hanging chads, Jews voting for Pat Robertson, Pennington with a 104.2 QB rating, Pennington with a17.9 QB rating. Anyway, I blame you.

And the post above yours? I put it in the wrong thread. I told you I was tired and irritated. I'm going to cross post it and quote myself just to annoy you. Later!

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@FJF @jetophile

As stinky New Yorkers, please leave my thread alone. :mad::mad::mad:

Let my stinky Floridans keep me posted about the beaches and hot chicks at the shore. :D

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Beaches were absolutely packed last weekend, and I expect the same this weekend..... hopefully there's not a spike in the virus. Anastasia Island had a very low count ( but all the beach / vacation rentals were shutdown) we 'll see

15. stinkyB

Restaurants open 25% capacity. Most are figuring out outdoor seating 6' apart. Bars still closed (although Ive heard some making people order snack food with each drink to qualify as a "restaurant")

South Florida (Palm beach, Broward and Dade counties) were still pretty much closed, last I heard....

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

Brook! likes this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks chief

stinkyB likes this.
  17. stinkyB

I worked in JAX.... but commuted 42 miles each way. You can have that place. ;)

FJF likes this.
  18. FJF

There won’t be a lot of transmission on the beaches . The studies on how long it stays suspended in the air and distance it can travel are based on 70 f and 50% humidity . So 6’ travel in conditions Florida hasn’t seen since March and won’t see till October.

stinkyB likes this.
  19. FJF

It has it spots, I had a great time there but it’s no place for children, that’s why I left.

stinkyB likes this.
  20. stinkyB

Yeah I know..... but I meant more the secondary "traffic" related to the beaches.... out of towners at grocery / convenience stores, etc..... BUT I will say one of the beach parks by my house has a long skinny dune walkover to the beach, and it was lined up like a parade when I went to check the surf last weekend. fuk that.

in regards to weather.... it's actually so dry. Afternoon humidity has been in the 60s. Dont think I've had a legit rain in a month+. My yard is crispy... and I live in a flood zone.