Report - Jets Trying To Trade Bell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by footballfundamentals, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What? The Saints are working on their 7th playoff berth in 11 years.

I understand what the system is/isn't designed to do, but the franchise quarterback has null and voided that system. That's why they command 12.5-15% of the cap once they get paid.

Your argument is completely disproved by the teams that have consistent success with different teams surrounding them but one constant remaining. The only team that's done it differently is the Ravens.

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Oh I been against trading Adams. But for the right reasons. Not because he thinks he's the best. Your choice in argument is the problem. Keeping Adams makes since to stay consistent... Keep the good while they are good then trade them when they begin to decline... consistently keep good talent. But arguing he is some kind of god send and there are no consistent teams in the NFL is just ludicrous

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The NFL is not committed to "breaking teams up after a few years". The ONLY thing they're committed to is making money. It's true that they do not want one or two teams dominating in dynastic fashion - that's when they coined the "On any given Sunday" idea to prop up fading fan interest back when a few teams did dominate and most teams struggled, the dynasties of the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, and 49'ers. Then they created divisions, and playoffs so that half the league could fell successful by making the playoffs, even if they lost in the 1st round. And they began changing the rules and more importantly how they were enforced, to ensure a fair number of "upsets" and close games each week. But they never "outlawed" dynasties. If a team did well, and built a solid foundation that led to consistent winning, that also boosted ratings, and money. As many people who hate the Cheatriots, they still watch them, hoping to see them lose. The phrase "There's no such thing as bad publicity" applies, meaning it all makes money. If the NFL really had some "rule" that mandated keeping teams from repeating and succeeding, they would've long ago done something about N.E.

SOJAZ, K'OB, Biggs and 5 others like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well said.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Don't trade Bell or Adams. Trade Q.Williams for draft capital or switch to a 4-3 defense where he can thrive. He is being wasted as a grunt trying to occupy blockers in the 3-4 defense, but Mike MacIdiot never figured out that DL in a 3-4 should not be premium draft picks.

6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams the ultimate Jets warrior?

I love this guy.

I'm not the least bit surprised he badly wants to play again in another lost Jets season. This is a guy that in blowout losses I've seen him still play balls to the wall football.

The Jets are out of their frickin minds if they trade him away.

Re-sign him already so I can invest in a official Adams Jets jersey. A real jersey for the real deal.:)

rammagen and Footballgod214 like this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Of course Bell hasn't looked like Bell of Pittsburgh, it's called a shit offensive line you bunch of little "geniuses".

Bell just DOMINATED his former Stealers defense on our first drive before Darnold found Robby Anderson inside the endzone.

rammagen likes this.
  8. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I would say if this happens the best trade scenario would be with the Jaguars for the #9 pick and Ngakoue.

9. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I can’t see that ever happening - have to think we would jump on that given the chance.

10. footballfundamentals

I read an article with 10 different teams and trade scenarios. Another was OBJ and the number 10 for Adams. That might be interesting also. Either way we can get an OL (even if we have to use one of our 3rd rounders to move up) and a stud receiver. Or even trade down.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's one thing to build draft capital and plug holes.

It's another to field a team with players like Adams that fans like me really enjoy watching.

BomberJet likes this.
  12. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

If we’re getting those trades from The Browns or Jacksonville - I’ll drive Adams to the airport myself. I’d trade him for a 1st and and a 2nd or better to stock what’s an underwhelming roster from this draft that’s rich in areas the Jets are weak (WR & OL) - otherwise we’re better off keeping him

13. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Look Bell is not going anywhere neither is Q for the simple fact that you do not eat that type of salary cap hit for draft in Bells case a 3rd pick maybe a 2nd....please stop.
    I am also against trading your best player no matter what position he plays or what his perceived value is.
    Good teams do not do that, if you want to be a good team play a defense where q should thrive and run Bell the way he was ran in Pittsburgh

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Edit, fuck me I hate it when old threads get dragged up lol

FJF and rammagen like this.
  15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams is an awesome player, but the Jets have a lot of needs and he's not priceless. I believe if the right offer came along, the Jets would trade him. I won't pretend to know what that price is.

16. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The only offer I would accept for Adams is what the jets paid for Curtis Martin-- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks spread out over 3 years. And I would insist the 2020 pick be 1st round, and the 2021 pick be second round. No, I am not saying Adams is as good as hall of famer Martin. And, no, I am saying Dallas or anyone else will/would cough that up. Just saying that's the price, take it or leave it. I don't think even Adams should be offended if we demand a king's ransom like that for him.

rammagen likes this.
  17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I am willing to trade either of them.

Only, the price has to be right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

with thinking like that, you should have been our past general manager...
    the jets have a sordid history of overpaying for players in trades but selling cheap, under value.
    i hope joe douglas sets a high price and sticks to his guns.
    if dallas wants adams, cost is a 1st and 2nd this year, and a 2nd next year.
    think of adams as the defnsive equalivalent of curtis martin. either meet the price, or shop elsewhere.
    it's not like jerry jones has financial restraints, unlike the johnson brothers.

tomdeb and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Adams is incredibly underrated in coverage. Remember when TE used to kill us? Not anymore.

20. footballfundamentals

Should have dealt him when his value was highest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.