Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You literally just sat there and just wrote down each player, you think might be better then Adams by using the # of interceptions they had. You omitted every other stat in your last post. Safeties do more than just catch interceptions and it's not the end all in terms of judging safeties. He blitzes more because he gets to the QB, so you are saying if all those other safeties had the same amount of opportunities they would have the same production? Adams hits a gap better then any of those safeties you listed. What other safety you know ends drives on his OWN? Judging by your logic, Sherman and every other CB that had a ton of interceptions, is better than Revis.

That wasn't informative, it was an ignorant post. Adams is always listed as the top safety. IDK where you are looking, but its a consensus. 2 time all pro the last 2 years. Harrison Smith is the only guy close and he hasn't been an all pro since 2018. LMAO interceptions. What about the forced fumbles?

Mogriffjr likes this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I think you don't understand how much Maye will get. Top safeties get paid. Maye isn't he will most likely get about 5 that mean less than 10% on our starting safeties. It's not bad. If he thinks he will get more his replacement is on the roster and he can join the 30 that are still looking for jobs because they overvalue themselves.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A bit ago I posted all the wages of all the safeties.

7m was 16th on the list, do you think Maye is worse than that?

If he signs for 5m then great, if he signs for less even better.

I like Maye he goes about his job quietly and is improving all the time, like I said I love Adams but I don't want him to get a 20m contract, as I fear after two years of a likely 4 year deal he will holdout for an even bigger contract, he just comes across as that type, he also doesn't come across as the type to secure the bag and stop playing either tbh.

I think 15m I would do to keep him but would be tempted by a 1st and 2 2nds but I don't think we will get that offered.

4. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

how about a 1 and 3 in 2021 and a 2 and 3 in 2022. ?

5. J-Raw24

Maye is a fringe starter at this point who has shown promise. I'm not knocking him I like him but he's a 5 million guy. Not a top 16. Again I'm in no way knocking him and he could end up being top 15. Just not there yet

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Tempting, won’t say yes or no yet.

7. MaximusD163

Even if you want to move him, which I don’t really think they do, wait until the trade deadline is coming up and teams are more desperate.

8. J-Raw24

Especially teams on the fringe of playoffs hopes. Feeling they needs an edge to push them over. I could see Dallas then. Willing to give up more for a push.

9. MaximusD163

It’s how Jalen Ramsey went for 2 firsts. And how Cooper went for a 1st.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  10. K'OB

I'm sorry but a fringe starter is a massive knock on somebody that has started 38 games in 3 seasons and without injuries in his second season he would have started every game.

I have to presume he started all the games as the place I use for stats is throwing up a 404 and the other thing I noticed whilst trying to search for the info was the amount of articles saying he would not be signing a second contract with us, the 4 best places for him to land and so on and on.

So at this point the argument on his price maybe moot.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. J-Raw24

Look at his stats. How many tds allowed, interceptions, pass defensed, he's bottom of the list. Now he has made great plays and shown potential. but just playing every game doesn't make you a top 15 safety. I think he can develop. But he needs to get better with his hands.

12. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

even with a rising cap (that won’t rise nearly as much due to the losses from corona), adams would make less over the next four years than the $58 mill that Jackson just signed for

the jets have a ton of leverage and they should use it to get a fair deal for the team

it would also be nice if they use this opportunity to show agents that they are no longer a doormat in negotiations

13. K'OB

So really you were knocking him after all :rolleyes:

14. J-Raw24

Again I think he has the pot6 to be really good but he isn't there yet

15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

You mean Jamal leaked BS again to his ESPN buddies because he wants to play for Dallas? Got it.

blackssmagic and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I hope you your right.. i would like to keep Adams he’s a very good young player.. but sorry i for one
    would not be surprised if he holds out... or comes to camp with a sour attitude..IF that happens he’s got to be move

17. MaximusD163

As I understand it the CBA that was just passed makes it highly unlikely a player would hold out.

The fines go up and are now strictly enforced. The players now also automatically lose an accrued season.

18. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I agree, I don't think they should trade him away. I was just worrying that if it came to a point where they really had no choice but to trade Adams, like always, they'd probably get hosed. They should try to work out a long term deal, but Adams can't expect them to pay so much that they can only get practice squad quality guys to play around him.

19. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

The N.Y. Post today compared Revis and Adams two defense players who started their contract negotiation hold out etc. a few years prior to the final contract year.

The difference IMO is Revis didn’t run his mouth like Adams does. I am sure a few players wouldn’t mind seeing him go.

We all know how this plays out. Trade him. Get something we need Joe.

20. Vader

Vader Member

Watch Adams get like 3-4 Ints this year like what happened at LSU and then all of a sudden his contract demands go up. And for good reason. He’d be a Legit DPOY candidate. There’s an incentive to signing him now altho all I care about is not trading him