Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Just reported on ESPN Radio...Dallas is now heavily in on Jamal.

Jets want a 1st and a 3rd.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Jets will get it.

3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure the ‘Boys cap even allows it after the Cooper and Dak situations. I suppose a Dak extension could make a difference.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Not enough, I want two 1's or a 1 and a 2.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If we trade the best safety in the league for a 1 and a 3, I’ll lose a ton of faith in Joe Douglas as should everyone else.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's the best safety in the NFL. at least he's not holding out like zeke did. Getting an adams is rare for any team but especially rare for the jets. In the past 30 years the only player we drafted as good as adams is revis. You don't let players like that walk or be traded away. he deserves to be paid. he's very underpaid and outperformed his contract. he's not being a distraction. people are just overblowing this.
    yeah it's like jet fans need to find a way to be miserable about the team. we could win the SB and jet fans will be like So what it's only our 2nd one. we suck

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'll trade him and darnold to KC for hill, mahomes and 2 1st rounders :eek:

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

blackssmagic, azhar80 and J-Raw24 like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

I agree with that for sure, I didn't mind the timing of the Revis trade, but this relationship isn't fractured like the Revis one.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

It’s all about timing. I’d rather wait. And besides maybe the Jets aren’t done making moves yet. Seems like both sides want to get a deal done.

azhar80 likes this.
  11. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what the trade thing is. Cowgirls already offered 1st and 3rd and Douglas said a 1st and 2 2nd and then asked about their left tackle. I would assume with McGovern and Becton now it would have to be at least a 1st and 2 2nd. I would do it for Lamb and a 1st and 3rd.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He's not the best safety in the league.

Justin Simmons
    Marcus Williams
    Harrison Smith
    Minkah Fitzpatrick

All of the above give Adams a run for his money.

Yes, Adams leads the league in sacks for a safety, but that is because he blitzes the most out of any safety in the league. And yes, that is part of who he is and the game he plays, but as an overall safety, he is not the best.

Just counting interceptions:

Simmons has 11 interceptions
    Williams has 10 interceptions
    Smith has 11 interceptions in the last 3 years
    Fitzpatrick had 5 interceptions last year

Adams has a total of 2

Again, I LOVE Jamal Adams, but he is not the best safety in the league

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

That is fine but there will be a lot of players wanting paid over the next few seasons, well hopefully we will have a lot more star players rather than just one, if Sam has a big year this one or next he will be due to get paid and the better he has performed the more the asking price goes up.

Back to safety 15m+ for Adams, Maye will want 7m minimum and then we are looking at 22m minimum for safety and that is too much for that position is it not?

To win the big one you need a well-balanced affordable squad, players willing to take team friendly deals, if you have to pay your top safety nearly 20m that is certainly nowhere near a team friendly deal.

I like him as a player, he is great, plays with a will to win and his heart on his sleave on the flip side he is a mardy arsed cunt that can't keep his mouth shut when it would be better zipped.

14. 101GangGreen101

LMAO at using interceptions as a case for best safety in the league. Jamal has more sacks, PD then the majority of safeties in the league, how come you didn't add that information in? Or the fact that the guy can line up 1 on 1 against any TE in the league and hold his own? You just using specific stats to try and "beef" up your argument?

Cmon now. Those are some good players, but none are better then Jamal. Harrison Smith isn't even the same guy anymore. No wonder some of yall want Adams traded.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You can’t compare interception numbers of free safeties to strong safeties. The FS is always going to have more. I’m looking at it as how Jamal effects the defense as a whole. He can blitz, he can cover, he can play the run. He’s very very good in all three levels of the defense. You can’t say that about all the other guys you listed.

blackssmagic likes this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Again I very much doubt he signs for 15m, then how much is too much to pay him?

Yes, he does all those things but not so many interceptions for an elite safety?

Edit apparently we are not allowed to say anything about interceptions, so scratch that if you like. :rolleyes:

Also, I don't want him traded, I want him to take a team friendly deal and help us on the way for some long overdue success.

17. Mogriffjr

didn’t know INT’s were the end all be all for safety play. Btw, it’s almost a consensus that Jamal is the best safety, even better then who you named. Also those guys exclusively play the deep middle aka Maye’s position. So they do completely different things.

18. Mogriffjr

Jets just signed Flacco so more money was used there. There simply isn’t the money there possibly for an extension.

I’m sure a benchmark for a Jamal contract is the Eddie Jackson contract.

19. Falco21

I didn't use interceptions as a measuring test. I used it as one statistic that he is lacking far behind other players at his same position. Which is a big statistic when talking about a safety in the NFL.

And I mentioned in my post, that you clearly had trouble reading, that his sack numbers are much higher because he blitzes more than any safety in the league.

I am evaluating Adams as an overall safety in the NFL, which is the position he plays.

Adams is not listed on anyone's list as the best safety in the league. Anywhere.

20. Falco21

Again, I never stated interceptions was the "end all be all" for safety play.

The same as sacks are not the "end all be all" for a safety.