Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Hes always whining & making demands. You pay him what he wants & suddenly team cant afford to sign all the “dogs” he wants.

Id expect in the end the team we end up trading him to wont be the last team he plays for.

2. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Emotionally, I want to say "pay the man!" as Adams is the best strong safety in the league, and one of the better ones to come along in awhile. We also haven't had a true star player since Revis was in his prime. But on the other hand, teams don't live and die by their safety. Adams does have an ego and can be a bit of a loose cannon. He's gotta understand that business is at play here. I do want him to be a Jet for life, but I know they can't tie up an unreasonable amount of money in Adams.

Unfortunately, I see Adams holding out and the Jets getting hosed in a trade: Probably trading Adams and a 3rd round pick for a 2nd next year and a 2nd that could become a conditional 1st in 2022...and the trade will be with some team like the 49ers, Chiefs, or Ravens, so all we'll get is late round picks no matter what.

3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

To sum up Adams.....he's good, but not as good as he thinks he is.

ColoradoContrails and chandler like this.
  4. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

This. I like Adams as a player. He's the best SS in the league. Great athlete and football player. But he's becoming a diva. Always in the news always causing drama. Crying about his contract. I would love him if it was just him playing ball, he should be paid like a top safety because he is. 14.8 million per year is what Jackson makes I believe. 15+ million is a lot for a safety. There is just to much against this deal. On top of that say we give him 15.5 for 4 years, I bet in 2 years he cries he's not the top paid anymore and wants more. It just makes me think Revis all over again. Only he doesn't shut down half the field.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Plenty of guys were mad at me last year when I wanted him traded. He is the best talent we had since Revis but he is a loudmouth and a drama queen. Ship his ass out.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Trade him and Mac’s failure is complete. We passed on, arguably, the best QB in the league, when we needed a QB, for a position you can’t justify paying even if he turned out to be great. What a waste of time.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Mac never understood positional value. That's why his first rounders (aside from Darnold) were defensive tackle, inside linebacker, strong safety, defensive tackle. He had no idea why those players were falling to him, he probably thought he was getting steals.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Jamal is angling for a trade. These reports are clear. They were released by Adams’ camp

I’d be down to trade him for the right price and I would ask a lot. But if the Jets do trade him, for God’s sakes please don’t trade him to the Cowboys as he’s trying to go there. Send him anywhere else as a message

9. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The Cowboys would be a bad choice. They're going to be SB contenders this year unfortunately, I believe. I don't want to trade Adams for what would likely be the 22nd pick at lowest. If he's going to go anywhere, I'd like to see Las Vegas, Jacksonville, Detroit, or something like that.

ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. I remember when those reports first came out before the trade deadline about possibly trading Adams and Anderson. I was ready to stop being a Jets fan. Now, just a few months later, I was perfectly fine with letting Robby walk and would be completely fine if they traded Jamal. It's unfortunate, but that is much more Jamal's fault and doing than it is on the Jets.

11. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Just let this play out. I do have faith with Douglas in charge he will handle this situation properly. So far Jamal has shown incredible immaturity. Flipping out just because JD fielded trade offers and compared himself to legendary champion players in tweets was asinine. He did have a great year but he really has to settle down here and grow up a bit

Cman68 and Cromartie's_kid like this.
  12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I’m of the mind that you take the best deal, especially if it’s not a rival. If we can rip off the Cowboys because they want him bad enough, let him go.

13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

They had no problem tying up a unreasonable amount of money on a guy like Trumaine Johnson.

Now they're fiscally responsible with the all-world player.

The Jets are such a loser organization if they trade away Adams.

It's still early but I think he's on his way to being better than Revis he'll have a longer career too.

Adams is the complete package. He's Ray Lewis in a safeties body.

If they trade away Adams it'll be one of the saddest days ever for me as a Jets fan.

#1813 WarriorRB28, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Cromartie's_kid likes this.
  14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If this guy Douglas trades away Adams this looks like a COMPLETE tear down rebuild to me.

Robby & Adams I had 'em ranked #2 & #1 best Jets players, most dangerous players the other team had to account for. Adams is all-world.

I'd have to question if Darnold is in his 'long term plan'.

Who knows perhaps this guy has his eyes set on Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson in a year or two?

15. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

I’d love to hear Jamal’s response to the fact that Belichick initially offered the 49ers Brady instead of Jimmy G.

16. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I think that’s an awful trade and he would command significantly more. The jets currently have all of the leverage.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Stop being stupid, pay him. If timing is the issue and he wants it not instead of midseason then Jamal can eat shit. But it better not be over money. Cheaping out on the best player in the league at his position who can play at a very high level at all three levels on defense would be SOJ if I’ve ever seen it.

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

He’s on the verge of how I am seeing most Jets superstars lately. I appreciate the good football they gave us but they will never be real Jet greats to me. IMO guys like Chrebet, Curtis Martin, Pennington, Mawae played their hearts out for us back in the day. I don’t think we have a “Jet great” since those guys as the rest were either solid players or the aforementioned divas who stopped caring once they got their big payday.

ColoradoContrails, J-Raw24 and Brook! like this.
  19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

What if he wants $20+ million a year? The cap also might go down next year because they won’t get stadium revenues due to the virus. I don’t think we can make that judgement quite yet. Personally if he wants to be the highest paid safety by a reasonable amount I’m okay with that. Anything higher though is just ridiculous.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Timing has never been a Jet strong suit. If they were to trade Adams, it should have been before this year's draft. Since that didn't happen, keep Adams until after 2020 and then trade him IF you can't sign him. We won't get good value for Adams if we trade him now unless we catch a desperate team who is one safety away from a SB run. If its Dallas? So be it. Make them pay thru the nose. If we do trade Adams, does that mean we keep Maye??

HomeoftheJets and Brook! like this.