2021 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, May 14, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/2021-NFL-Mock-Draft-145681526/#145681526_7

This mock is interesting. It has the Giants with the #1 pick and rather than trading down (no trades in this draft), they take Penei Sewell. Trevor Lawrence goes #2 to the Jaguars. Jamar Chase goes #3 to the Bengals (pairing him with his former QB at LSU, Joe Burrow). At #4, the Redskins take QB Justin Fields. At #5, the Lions take Jaylon Waddle. At #6, the Panthers take Patrick Surtain II. The Jets draft #7 and take Stanford OT Walker Little. At #8, the Dolphins (can't believe they'll be better than the Jets this season) take Marvin Wilson, DT. At #9, with the pick they got from the Rams in the Jalen Ramsey trade, the Jaguars take Micah Parsons LB. At #10, the Chargers take DE Gregory Rousseau. If Rousseau proves to be that good/great a prospect, I'll be shocked if the Jets take Little over Rousseau. While it would be nice to have a pair of bookend tackles, they desperately need an edge rusher. It's possible that Fant or Clark or even Edoga could be their RT for the next few years, so I think taking Little over Rousseau could be a big mistake. This mock has Tom Brady making the Bucs so good that they draft 29th. Since there are no trades, I'm not quite sure how it figures this but it has the Ravens picking #31 and the Chiefs picking #32. The Niners pick #30, so maybe the Ravens were owed a 1st round pick by the Niners or whomever lost to the Chiefs.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Walker Little over Justyn Ross or DeVonta Smith? That's a big no no for me.

amuck57, KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I have to agree. I actually like Little. I think if he can control health issues he will be a great pro. BUT edge and receiver are way bigger needs. I think Becton will be fine at LT.

4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think the wild card will be Fant at right tackle I think he will play better than expected or at least live up to his contract I think offensive line will be set for a few years considering the backups that Joe Douglas has been collecting

5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

If the Giants have the first pick, I'd be very surprised if they dont take Lawrence. Same goes for the Jets honestly.

I'm fine with where they have the Jets going. I'm not going to pretend I have any clue about the abilities of these players, but I'll never complain about the Jets spending an early pick on an offensive lineman

6. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Gimme the LSU Reciever or death.... Lol

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

7. CotcheryFan

Welp, Ross is done for the season before it even starts. He has a congenital fusion in his spine. I assume he'll stay in 2021 and rebuild his stock. If that's the case, it's one less WR prospect who will be available next year.

8. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

This said because he's really good. You are right he will probably return to school. I'm sure this effects his stock so he will need to build it back up. That said it could still make him drop when he does go so could be good for us. Unfortunate he was hurt though.

9. I like Little but he doesnt look like a 1st round pick to me.Anxious to see what progress he makes this season.

As for WR, im hoping Marquez stevenson enters upcoming supplemental draft & team is willing to part w a second rounder. He fits the kind of corps JD seems to be building.He adds a different element w Yac ability from both the slot & the Z.

We’d then go into next draft targetting an edge above all else along w positional upgrades at CB,TE,OL & perhaps another WR

10. CotcheryFan

Stevenson looks a lot like an Andy Reid WR.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. I think he fits in that Jalen Reagor/Laviska Shenault sort of category. Z/Slot who needs route refinement but has shprt area ability as well as long speed.Super dangerous w ball in his hands

12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

“Thanks to their 2020 first-round pick, Mekhi Becton, the Jets look to be on the upswing defensively this coming season.”

this author has 0 credibility.

13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Another tackle? Nope this mock I hope will never see the light of day in the Douglas war room. Yikes!!!!