Jets clear 6 spots for FA's on 90 man roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, May 5, 2020.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

The Jets have not confirmed the signing of running back Frank Gore yet, but they did announce several other roster moves on Tuesday.

They confirmed that wide receivers Quincy Enunwa and Josh Bellamy have been placed on the reserve physically unable to perform list in moves that will bar them from playing for the Jets this season. They also waived four players to open up more roster spots.

Defensive end Charles Tapper, running back Jalin Moore, cornerback Kyron Brown and wide receiver Keon Hatcher were the players who got pink slips on Tuesday.

Brown was the only player in that group who saw regular season action for the Jets. He had five tackles in three appearances during the 2019 season.

Hatcher played three games with the Raiders in 2018, Tapper played two games for the Cowboys in 2017 and Moore went on the non-football injury list after signing with the Jets as an undrafted free agent last year.

This is a good sign JD making room for FA. I THINK BEFORE THIS MOVE WE ONLY HAD 4 openings on the 90 man roster limit. Question ...when the heck are we going to let Winters go & save approx 7M.

boozer32 likes this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Man Enunwa went from whining about the Jets fining him for a couple of unexcused absences from work to the unemployment line joining tens of millions of other Americans.

He got his golden parachute last offseason.

How many millions did the Jets pay him for the quarter of football (might be less) in 2019 on that dumb extension they gave him?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

These moves actually get them to 90. They were at 95 before Gore and the PUP/Cuts.

BudJet likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep, with a Golden Parachute like that Quincy wont be on an Unemployment Line anytime soon. And if there is college football he will probably ask Macagnan to come over and watch some Nebraska games with him

boozer32 and tomdeb like this.
  5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

All the articles I read said they are on the Reserve/PUP list and would not be able to play this season but I thought the Reserve/PUP meant they have to be on PUP until after the 6th week and then they can make the call about activating them.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You are correct, but I don't think by rules you can put someone on IR prior to the season starting. So I guess when the season starts they will put him on IR? I am not sure.

The Waterboy likes this.
  7. MaximusD163

True but they are also making assumptions about the severity of the injuries.

The Waterboy likes this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

$33 million/4yr. I think like 90% was guaranteed for injury.

9. WarriorRB28

Unbelievable.

They could've signed the slot WR Buffalo signed from Dallas (I forget his name at the moment) last offseason AND Robby for less than that.

They pay guys like this, Trumaine Johnson just to name a couple then drive a hard bargain with guys like Robby & Adams.

They're a terribly run, mismanaged organization right now.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Letting Robby walk and replacing him with someone with a similar skill set plus an extremely talented and promising rookie for less money combined is not terrible mismanagement. It’s extremely competent management. I’ll let the Adams situation play out before I have a conniption over that but at least Jamal is someone worth having a conniption over...

blackssmagic, hornblower and rammagen like this.
  11. MaximusD163

Wait what? Cole Beasley got $7.25mm per year and Robby Anderson got $10mm per year. How does that equate to saying you could have signed both guys for Quincy Enunwa’s $9mm per year??

boozer32, J-Raw24 and twown like this.
  12. MaximusD163

I’m sorry but seriously this is about as misinformed of a post as I’ve seen. Do you follow the team? Do you not know that the people who signed Trumaine Johnson and Quincy Enunwa don’t run the team anymore?

13. WarriorRB28

Guaranteed money.

Enunwa 4 years $33 million 90% guaranteed for injury.

Robby got $10 million, how much guaranteed cash did Beasley get? It couldn't have been a outrageous amount I think. So yes they could've signed both players with what they gave Enunwa.

Gross mismanagement.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The scary part is that this dude Kyron Brown actually started a game for us last year. If anyone was wondering how thin the roster was.

blackssmagic, Cman68 and boozer32 like this.
  15. WarriorRB28

Losing Robby with plenty of cap space and a franchise tag in his pocket didn't happen on MacCagnan's watch.

The Adams trade rumors that just will not go away aren't happening on MacCagnan's watch.

I look at it as a organizational problem. I don't look at it as I'll blame this guy but not him he's okay. It's a Jets thing.

16. i was excited for him to compete for a roster spot TBH.

17. WarriorRB28

It seems to me you look at things strictly from a financial point of view. Numbers. Which still doesn't make sense in this situation why allow your top free agent to leave in a offseason you had no other major free agents to re-sign and plenty of cap space? A senseless loss.

It seems you don't have a understanding of what a window of opportunity is, time frames, chemistry.

With New England in transition after Brady left for Tampa Bay, Buffalo not yet established as the team to beat in the division, Miami still a couple of years away THIS OFFSEASON would've been the perfect time for the Jets to load up make a power play for AFC East supremacy.

When I think about what could've been had they simply brought back Robby and drafted two WRs early in this draft possibly the deepest WR draft ever then look at what we got it makes me sad.

Hey it could work out I hope it does but as of now I can't say I'm impressed with the job Douglas has done this offseason.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

it seems you don’t have an understanding of football in general if you think bringing back Robby Anderson and drafting two receivers early was going to be the difference between where we finish this year and winning the AFC East.

The only reason to still be upset about Anderson leaving his personal preference at this point. With the way it’s played out, both on the field and in the books this is a similar or better situation. Perriman can do every little bit on the field that Anderson has done and has the potential to do more if he can stay healthy. He’s got a stronger frame, can run more routes and can run the deep route just as well. for some reason he just hasn’t been able to put it all together, and I’m sure injuries have something to do with that. Robby still hasn’t been able to put it together either. He’s a glorified Malcolm Floyd with a few less inches of reach.

19. MaximusD163

It’s really not how it works... Guaranteeing Enunwa’s contract for injury was not a wise move... but your numbers don’t make sense.
    Adams trade rumors are just media speculation. I could make you a list 5,000 long of media speculations that never occurred. And you can’t seriously have wanted to put Robby on the franchise tag... Do you have any idea how much the franchise tag would have paid him?

J-Raw24 likes this.
  20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

He was a good player when he wasn't injured. I wonder if the Jets just see him as too injury-prone. He plays really hard, but he's reckless with his body.