Tired of Corona...Brook coming down to Florida. Advice Needed

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, May 3, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Corona be damned.

May 24th Sunday is the end of Ramadan. May 25th is Memorial Day.

My plan is to rent a car with a non-NJ license plate and drive down to somewhere in Florida to stay a week at an AirBNB while keeping social distance. I will come down alone.
    I know a few stinky friends are from Florida here. Will Florida be open by then? Plan is to enjoy beach and take out food for a week.

Am I taking a risk?

Jokers Dierking, jetophile and FJF will be banned from this thread if they don’t help me out properly

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Most counties are starting to open up slowly. Many parks and boat ramps are open as well as many of the beaches. Some are open just for exercising but some you can also lay out if practicing social distancing.

Brook! likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Stay home, you’re still grounded. Wait for July 4th. Give Florida some time to get back to what Florida calls normal. Then go to the gulf coast .

stinkyB and Brook! like this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Drive down, get arrested for domestic terrorism, get deported to Turkey, sneak in again, get sent to Gitmo. Don't forget to write!

Brook! likes this.
  5. Brook!

Thanks Waterboy. Will check with you time to time. Really need a break. Under a lot of pressure and could use a week off at Florida.
    If I go down I am taking you down with me. Will say jeto was my informant and she is used by us for counter intelligence

6. Brook!

Yes FJF. If Memorial Day doesn’t work out July 4th is the next target. We shall see.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Wait till July 4th.

We'll know a lot more then than we do now.

If you really have to blow off some steam go do the same plan in Cape May or Lewes with a rental that has a nice porch you can tan on if it turns out you were too early.

Brook! and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. The Waterboy

I know what you mean. My last day of work is June 1st until the new school year in August so I'll be hitting the road hopefully if things are all opened up. I'll be hitting the interior of the country and national parks so should still be able to keep my distance from people. The shut down has not been too hard for me since I hate people and crowds anyway.

Brook! likes this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

KEEP YOUR VIRUS UP NORTH :mad: :D

Starting with a "soft opening" (whatever that is ;)) today
    Restaurants can have 25% capacity..... not sure about rentals (they were limited to 1 month or longer, but that may change now) Beaches are supposedly fully open today, as opposed to limited to individual activities. ex: fishing, surfing, jogging, etc. (probably just some group / spacing restrictions now)
    Went to Publix the other day, and I was the only one without a mask on (kinda felt like an asshole)

July gets hot as fuk (gulf coast will prob be even hotter).... not sure if St. Augustine will have it's annual firework display (it's a big one and packs in tens of thousands of people to see it so I doubt it)

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opi...0200501-yt4lyjfmt5a3bec4v5zmjb5br4-story.html

Brook! likes this.
  10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Should be pretty safe. Everyone under 80 will be gone by memorial day. Social distancing won't be a problem.

11. Brook!

How are things in Arizona?

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It's hot. The pools open. Loaded with women in their 80's doing water aerobics. I can't wait to get out of here and head up the coast. Love it in the winter, ready for the Ocean and a cool breeze.

Brook! likes this.
  13. Brook!

How are things this week chief? Restaurants and beaches open?

14. The Waterboy

I know some things are opening near me but very slowly. Hard to say how things will be in 3 weeks though.
    I am not near the beach though, @stinkyB would be the one to ask about that.

I do know that the food drop I volunteer at ran out of food last night. Usually the meat all goes but a whole lot of produce is left over. This could be a sign that we are going to see more food shortages in the weeks ahead, probably wouldn't effect your trip since I assume you would be eating out but some restaurants will be likely using a smaller menu.

#14 The Waterboy, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Brook! likes this.
  15. stinkyB

Beaches are open. (but parking is limited. No beach driving in St. Johns County yet... which is nice IMO) I read State Parks were opening.... but also saw something that it was in limited capacity, so who knows

Restaurants are allowed to host 25% indoor capacity . Outdoor seating is fine as long as tables are 6' apart. (I think servers are required to wear masks, but not sure.... nothing makes me hungrier than seeing the person serving my food in Hazmat gear ;)

#15 stinkyB, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Brook! likes this.
  16. Brook!

Thanks guys. It is weekend again and all I can think of is end of Ramadan and me in Florida beaches checking out hot chicks. Keep reporting please :)

17. stinkyB

ooohhh.... the one fitness babe I saw when checkin' the surf before work this morn..... :eek::oops:

Brook! likes this.
  18. Brook!

@The Waterboy @stinkyB

Fellas. How are things down there. Did chicks started crowding the beaches? Restaurants open? How are things over there.

19. The Waterboy

Restaurants are open but not full capacity, bars without food are not open yet. Basically everything can open except bars, clubs and nightclubs. Doesn't mean everything has opened though, I know a few restaurants that will not open until they can go 100% capacity.

Traffic has definitely picked up but many summer camps will not be opening this summer so just a little less traffic from that. School is done by the end of next week for the majority. County and state parks are open though not all the buildings in those parks.

You'll have to wait on @stinkyB for the beach report.

Brook! likes this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member