Why Didn't Douglas Take Another WR in the Draft?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 27, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Because he is better than the guy they currently have as QB, on his day Dalton is a dangerous QB, surely a man with your intellect and knowledge actually understands this, rather than a buffoon who labels everybody as failures if they have 0 SB's.

A lot of good QB's are failures on this stat, even everybody's wank buddy Marino.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Wow, even as bad as he has been in some ways, I can't believe that TB released Winston. Was he owed a big bonus or something? I would have thought they would have kept him as insurance in case Brady gets hurt. I never liked him. I'm glad the Jets didn't draft him.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

0-4 postseason record ala I've seen much better than "Dalton" throughout my years and do not fear him whatsoever... That's my right to feel this way (don't need a lecture from you telling me otherwise).

And Dan Marino had 8 playoff wins. Wake me up once Dalton wins ONE (LOL).

And PS: Dalton looked horrible last year and has had 4 losing seasons in a row @ 20-35-1 (.357%).

This isn't 2015 anymore ala the last time he ever sniffed a winning season and BB is a DC guy never been an offensive guro or QB whisperer and Dalton is a down grade from Tom Brady x10 and I'd welcome him to NE with open arms.

Cincinnati has Joe Burrow and couldn't give two craps about a mediocre to above average @ best QB in "Andy Dalton".

He's so dangerous he could only win 2 games last year 2-11 and save the excuses as a 2nd year Sam had the worst O-Line the worst Run Game and lack of WR weapons but still out performed an overrated QB in Dalton; no excuses.

2-11 last year & 20-35 previous 4 years; some dangerous winner he is loloko

4. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

My uneducated guess is that he had similar grades on receivers that he knew could sign as an undrafted free agent.

Maybe he had a high grade on Lawrence Cager and knew he could sign him after.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. K'OB

Again you just rattle on and on and on and on about nothing and certainly nothing to do with what I posted.

What has Burrows got to do with anything?

You do realise again as a man of football that the Bengals have been woeful and their best WR made out of paper tissue, it isn't all on Dalton but that aside I never proclaimed him to be a world beater, only better than what they had, another quick scan of your post and nope you don't mention that part at all, just lots of meaningless guff.

Also, did you notice me deliberately not mention Marino winning a playoff game but only mention the fact that he hadn't won a Superbowl, now I wonder why I did that?

Again, who mentioned Brady? Why are you comparing Dalton to Brady it has nothing absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

I would welcome Dalton at the Jets to ride the bench in case Darnold went down injured again.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He doesn't value the position enough.

It's still early small body of work to go on but that's the conclusion I come to for now.

He lost Robby in free agency, only drafted one WR in possibly the deepest wr draft ever? Had he brought back Robby, drafted Mims and another WR early the Jets offense would've looked ready to do some damage.

If he misses on Mims the Jets offense will be hurting badly.

7. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

His contract expired. They didn't release him. They refused to resign him because he throws as many interceptions as touchdowns. He can stretch the field but his accuracy is bad. Supposedly he is colorblind and had surgery to help his vision. Honestly he went to the best situation possible. Brees will help him if he can be helped.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. J-Raw24

He brought in 2 former first round wr, one of which looks to be turning his career around. He drafted what most analysts thought was a first round wr. He picked up 2 udfa that could easily be as good as any wr drafted 4th round or later. I think he valued the position plenty. We have 14 wr under contract that will battle for 5-6 spots.

#148 J-Raw24, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Thanks. Yes, I know that he has thrown a TON of interceptions and that his supposedly off the charts football IQ was proven to be BS. I'm sure that Arians ran out of patience with him, and I can't blame them for letting him walk, but still, he was their #1 pick and they had a lot invested in him. Who is backing up Brady?

#149 NCJetsfan, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    J-Raw24 likes this.
  10. J-Raw24

Ryan Griffin and Blaine Gabbert. I'm guessing they hope Brady isn't hurt.

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Thanks.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Offer Dalton a contract, NOW! He would be great as a backup to Sam, and mentor to both he and Morgan.

JetsNation06, NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  13. K'OB

Dude has won no playoff games or a Superbowl and has a losing career record, are you fkn crazy?

;)

14. NCJetsfan

I'd definitely sign Dalton as long as he understood that he was the #2. Sam, Dalton and Morgan would make a great QB room. Fales and White don't belong on an NFL roster.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Trash for sure. Falk who I liked coming out of college looked awful.

Pepsiguy5 and J-Raw24 like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

What experienced QBs are available who have won a playoff game/SB and who wouldn't mind being a backup and not cause a QB controversy?

17. K'OB

You do realise i was mimicking somebody else right?

Hence the wink

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. J-Raw24

may have been more appropriate with angry faces

K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

Sorry, missed it.:oops:

K'OB likes this.
  20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Anderson was UDFA AND was overrated by Jets fans. He just wasn't that good. He was a good player, but not great. So if the Jets can get another Andersen as UDFA, it's a success. It would be for depth though.

J-Raw24 likes this.