NFL considering a mid-Oct start

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Apr 28, 2020.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sounds good..... hopefully no 90º+ Florida football games :)

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This gets them to Presidents’ Day for the super bowl. That’s the goal anyway

dawinner127 likes this.
  4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I can watch the Jets deep into January!

WarriorRB28, MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am all for it. Have the full season and I don't care if that means starting mid October.

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The one good thing(possibly) about a mid-Oct start is their could be a good chance fans will be allowed at the games. I know Cuomo said they want to get NY open sometime in May if possible. Also per WFAN their would be no preseason games, no international series so no trips to England, Mexico. No two week delay between the AFC/NFC championship games and the Super Bowl. I didn't hear if teams get their bye week during the season or not.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Fans will be in stands with masks on opening day. If they want to push it back, fine by me. As long as we have football.

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Depends on what we open everything up. If we open up too soon, no way we'll be able to have games in August-September as we'll be in the middle of a second, worse wave of cases.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Murphy came out yesterday on TMKS and said he cannot see fans in the stands for the foreseeable future because lack of social distancing.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

They should ask Dr. Fauci/CDC Director about this ...they already said we should prepare for the double whammy of COVID and Regular Flu making a return in the Fall (October) after possibly getting a bit of break over the Summer from transmission. So what is the NFL thinking? I guess use the time (August/September) to put a program in place that makes sure players, personnel, and coaches are all tested/healthy week in week out.

Meat Processing plants in Iowa are forcing workers to return to work at very close proximity. Imagine the $ Litigation if any NFL players die from taking the field:eek:

Lets hope we have the Oxford vaccine in September and thats the game changer

#10 NYJetsO12, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Too bad they can't have the NFL cut into baseball season which has always been wayy too damn long anyway.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That's like testing false positive on a pregnancy test when you're 15.

13. jetophile

President's Day would irritate me if I was Abraham Lincoln or George Washington. Was it a sign of things to come when they (WHO IS THEY?!) decided to combine them into one Holiday? Listen, my birthday is MY birthday! Now it's EVERYBODY'S birthday, like those fags and their fag kids where everyone wins at soccer.

Which brings me to say that I generally HATE anti-war art, except for Otto Dix. It's so cheap, and people pull it out of their ass when they got nothin' because who's gonna criticize anti-war art, even if it sucks, because of the subject matter. I AM, THAT'S WHO.

Hold on now, I'm going somewhere with this. One of my only regrets for being childless by choice is that my kid can't make art with bombs all over it to bomb the shit out your kid's anti-war art. There's nothing worse than peace-nikky, pretentious, wheedling, shitty anti-war art with titles like, 'Why Can't We All Get Along, WHY?!" Crying faces with people of all races living in shacks HERE.

Well, guess what? My kid's painting of the Enola Gay is about to cause a lot of controversy. That's what this country needs! Bombs, bombs, and more bombs! China! Bombs! Mayor di Blasio! Bombs! The shit I went through at Crystal Run Healthcare yesterday! Bombs!

OK, I'm done.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jets ticket office called me yesterday and asked if I wanted to get back on Season Tickets. I said if I do @jetophile will murder me and politely declined but looks like Jets think season will somehow start if they are making calls to sell tickets.

15. jetophile

I would say that's a sign, but screw that. They're desperate. Keep the $ and run. Why should Woody the Cheapskate live off of the interest on YOUR money when the season is nebulous? Make the call whenever you feel like it and buy back in whenever you feel like it. They won't say no. In fact, I'd wait until after the two pre-season games and see if you can bargain your way out of paying for them or negotiate it with "free parking". If they say no, then you say no thanks and hang up in their face.

Brook! likes this.
  16. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Not sure on a start date, but the Football League here in England are suggesting no fans in stadia until January 2021. Obviously, Oxford United will just carry on as normal.

Brook! likes this.
  17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

they could always cut this year down to 12 games by eliminating the inter-conference games.

like the 60s when afl teams only met nfl teams in the superbowl.

#17 mr nyjet, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    UK jet likes this.
  18. mr nyjet

i have never read the Art of War before this........as for comrade mayor putz, the masses should storm gracie mansion with torches and pitchforks and put the city out of its misery.
    it would be an impeachable offense to give one cent of bailout money to this clown. let his teacher union buddies give back enough money scammed from taxpayers to bail his incompetant butt out.

19. mr nyjet

are you a nascar fan? is your first name jessie? just wondering.........

20. jetophile

I hate NASCAR, and please don't ever compare me to Jessie. Ugh, God, how.