2020 NFL Draft - Rounds 4 thru 7 Discussions (NO SPOILERS!!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 25, 2020.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That is our draft then. I'm unfamiliar with Quincy Wilson though, I need to look him up. That's who we traded for I'm assuming? Or???

EDIT: Wow, I had a brain fart, of course I know who this is. I just hadn't heard his name in the NFL much obviously. He was amazing to watch in college, loved his tape. I wonder If he just wasn't a very good scheme fit for the Colts. This could be an amazing trade for us. He had a ton of potential coming out of college. I hope Greg Williams get the best out of this kid. Could be a steal.

2. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

Remember when we stole Henry Anderson from the Colts for a 6th as well ( I believe). Let’s do that again with Wilson!!!!

Catfish Billy likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Don't discount Morgan. I could've lived with another WR in place of Davis or Zuniga.

KY Jets Fan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I read that he was very frustrated in Ndy and the system did not suit him well at all. Great kid, good talent

egelband, Joe D MVP and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

He did a great job producing Michael Jackson's Thriller album. Also not bad in zone coverage.

egelband and James Hasty like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Mann is going to be a weapon for us. 50-60 yard punts keeping opponents pinned deep. He may also be the designated kickoff man. He's smart and working to get even better. I love this pick. He will probably help the team more than some WR taken at this point.

NYJetsO12 and Joe D MVP like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yep! In every one of my mock drafts I took him with one of my later picks. He';s going to be a big plus. Now we have to find a good FG kicker.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Stay off the bottle man, you are like Jekyll and Hyde with your posts.....;)

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He is either talented or not, you can’t think someone is talented, it’s obvious.

10. NCJetsfan

I am as surprised and disappointed as anyone that Douglas didn't make WR more of a priority, but I trust in him. I'm sure that he had a good reason. Also, don't forget that Douglas added Perriman and Doctson to the team. Herndon will be back as will Ryan Griffin. The Jets supposedly are high on Vyncint Smith as well. In addition, with all the WRs taken in this draft, there will probably be some older but still good ones released that Douglas might sign.

Douglas improved the depth and overall quality of the team. He had to show some love for Gregg Williams and the D as well as the STs.

11. NCJetsfan

That's what he did last season according to one of the articles I read. He said that he realized during the 2018 season that he was outkicking his coverage and that he needed to learn to be more accurate, get longer hang time, and be able to down more punts inside the 20 rather than get touchbacks. He improved greatly during 2019 in that regard.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Im fine with Davis or Zuniga. Morgan to me was just a dreadful pick. There was WR talent available.

13. NCJetsfan

Not a fan at all. Slow, stiff, and in spite of his power to break tackles, he struggles to get off the LOS vs the press. No thanks.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

This draft was unusual in the sense that for me it started off great, seemingly took a horrible turn, but then it was corrected. Had JD's CB pick switched places with either the Jabari or Morgan picks, I would've maintained more of an emotional even keel. Overall, good draft for us. Remember, it was JD's first one with hopefully many more to come.

15. NCJetsfan

Quincy Wilson

16. NCJetsfan

No he isn't. He was a very good CB prospect. I liked him in the 2017 draft. He played pretty well in 2017 & 2018, but wasn't good this past season. Supposedly, he was unhappy with his playing time in Indy. We are going to be running the same coverage scheme that Indy was, so he'll know the scheme and get a change of scenery and chance to compete for a starting job. We weren't getting a better player at that pick.

Royal Tee and Joe D MVP like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

If that's true, then he may not be happy here, either, because I read somewhere in the comments about him that the reason the Jets traded for him is that we are playing the same coverage scheme as the Colts.

18. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

Atlanta just selected a punter well done Joe Douglas selecting Mann with our last pick ! He was defiantly on other teams radar.

19. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

You're confusing him with Quincy Enunwa. And he produced Van Halen's classic, 1984.

CotcheryFan and ConcordeChops like this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Nobody plays the same scheme as Gregg Williams though. The guy kinda plays everything or anything based on what he has. Lol

The Colts play a very simple defense.

A lot of 4-3 zone last season.

That obviously doesn't bode extremely well for a press man corner.

Yet, Gregg Williams played a lot of zone last year too.

However. I feel we have a lot of former Colt CB's now. Desir and Hairston seem to be better in a zone scheme. So, idk, should be interesting.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.