Welcome to the Jets DE Jabari Zuniga

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Apr 24, 2020.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

From what I've read he had a 2nd / 3rd round grade so it looks like he was drafted near the bottom of his expected range, not really a reach. I think if his college was not FL people here would be happy with the pick. He looks like he will be a sub package guy coming in on passing downs and getting after the QB. They need that badly.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But he will keep going and going ;)

Falco21 likes this.
  3. K'OB

I really hope we have found a GM that can hit on talent out of nowhere, this is what will bring us some success, even if it is just a trip to championship games etc no bold claims of Superbowl winning from me.

Another year settling in and then another good solid draft and then wildcards+ the seasons after that if that includes the biggie then bonus.

NCJetsfan and Falco21 like this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That's the idea. Hopefully we don't rely on one round for a starter and ignore the rest, as we have become accustomed to.

One thing that is clear, Douglas knows the value of draft picks. This was made clear with his 2 trades last night, both netting us more picks. Now he has to hit on them.

At least he's got half the equation correct, so far. I'm crossing my fingers for the other half

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I will be honest this kid wasn't even on my list. But after watching some film and reading some reports I like it. Greg William's can work this this kid. I mean he got a lot out of nothing last year. This kid could easily be our pass rusher going forward. He could end up being a real steal. I was disappointed because I wanted Baun. But as far as how athletic he is he could easily be better than Weaver.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Lots of positives and upside. . The comparison to Polite is shear BS. His commitment on the field and capabilities are as far apart from Polite as JD talent of personnel is from Mac.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  7. Hes pretty undeniable on tape. Hes stiff when he pivots or flattens but hes got get-off,quicks,speed & power.He’ll fastball blockers right into the QB’s lap at multiple spots.

All Gas No Shake and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

His first step is lethal. If he can iron out the rest of his game he’s absolutely going to be a full timer for us.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan, LAJet and 2 others like this.
  9. K'OB

It was interesting or puzzling even to see how far Baun dropped, graded at 6.50 on NFL.com that isn't far removed from an instant starter.

Actually just checked and oddly even though 6.50 is a high grade in their list it is down as boom or bust prospect, hell 6.3-6.4 gets a better right up ie starter within 2 years?

6.7 is a quality starter, what a strange way to grade them.

Still, that being said I wouldn't have expected him to fall that far down

J-Raw24 likes this.
  10. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

For what it's worth
    Ira from Staten Island called Evans show and said he's friends with Connie Carberg, who loves the JZ pick

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are right n. Yoga and more yoga for his stiffness.