Welcome to the Jets Denzel Mims!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 24, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Love this. Pittman was my first choice but it’s impossible to be anything but thrilled with this. It’s going to take time but Mims has WR1 potential. Speed is there, good size, he can track the ball, he comes down with 50/50 balls... he needs to expand the route tree and work on the space between his ears. And getting a third, which turned into two fourths, is just the cherry on top.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. Me too. I wanted him heading into round 2 however did not think we'd have a chance to land him after trading down.

I'm starting to like this pick more than Jerry Jeudy (who I've wanted for months).

And that's because he's a real (physical) outside #1 WR on the outside @ 6'3 and built almost identical as Keyshawn Johnson with extra speed.

We just landed a future NFL Superstar for Sam Darnold and a true #1 physical WR with elite speed.

Loving it.

I was so focused on Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb to the point where I did not bother to study any of the other WR's. I have a friend down here in Florida who loves Baylor Football because he's born and raised out in Texas so after we missed out on WR's last night I asked him and texted him, which WR should I root for to draft round 2 because I knew Mims was mentioned as a good WR and he told me Denzel Mims. He immediately sent me a video of his greatest game ever against Oklahoma. After watching the YouTube link I was hooked.

This game is from 2017 I believe.

11 receptions for 192 receiving yards and 3 TD receptions.

twown, Mogriffjr and Royal Tee like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

Captain charisma thinks Mims is a day one starter. Which he is.

4. BroadwayAaron

Maybe my favorite Mims stat. Love it.

5. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

IMO - I think we already have a Robbie at a piece of the price .. This guy is something different.

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

lol we have the best fans in the world man that video is pure and raw and awesome.

We have not won a SB since the 1968-69 season but yet we ranked only behind Dallas and ahead of Green Bay in fan attendance last year.

We've had 14 consecutive years in a row dating back to 2006 with top 5 fan attendance (we aren't your Cleveland Browns types of fans).

Brook! and Royal Tee like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great pick for the Jets. I was sure Mims would be gone when Douglas traded back, but that is why he signed a 6 year deal, and I am talking on a message board! :D

He has everything I want. Size, speed, and the Jets were still able to pick Becton too. And get 2 4th Round picks and a 6th in 2021? This guy is Houdini! :cool:

9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

i just love how chill he is after scoring. so refreshing to see.

Catfish Billy and Royal Tee like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Got that Barry Sanders/Curtis Martin type of humbleness about him after scoring (although he does celebrate more than those two ever did and good because Football is supposed to be fun for these kids).

11. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I hope he rocks #80 after Chrebet co signing for him.

Royal Tee likes this.
  13. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

He appears, in the video at least, to have great coordination and sense in close. He appears to almost rope-a-dope the defender and then make his move once the ball is released. Which I’ve never seen before. Maybe I’m just projecting my wishful thinking. But he appears to have incredible instincts. Also like that he’s low-key, doesn’t bother with preening and flexing, and looks to have a real chip on his shoulder.

14. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I see I wasn't the only one who got this earworm. If they don't play this after big catches and touchdowns I'll be disappointed.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

How do U know what U posted to be when no none has yet played a down in the NFL?:mad:

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The whole point is to discuss.
    Yes, no one knows and that is understood by everyone so again... See my 1st point. We like, We don't ...discuss.

17. BroadwayAaron

I agree that we already have Robby at a piece of the price because he can step in day 1 and do what Robby did. On top of that he’s got the size, ball skills, hands and build to be a true and complete WR1 which Robby will never be.

This is why I didn’t even lose a wink of sleep when we chose not to bring back Robby and went with Perriman. He can do everything Robby does and I think all of us knew if we played the draft right we’d end up with one one who has true all-around WR1 potential. We saved money, picked up two extra fourths and ended up with a more balanced roster. That’s a homerun.

Pags2112 and Catfish Billy like this.
  18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

All these draft picks have yet to bring the NYJ the VLT :mad::mad::mad:

FJF and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I’m pretty confident that the gamble was to get Van jefferson while obtaining an additional pick.

#39 BacktoQueens, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I like this pick a lot! In addition to getting an extra pick. What’s not to like.