Welcome to the Jets DE Jabari Zuniga

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Dude, wtf are you talking about?

In that same time, FSU had Davonta Freeman, Timmy Jernigan, Lemarcus Joyner, Kelvin Benjamin, Jaemis Winston, Jalen Ramsey, Dalvin Cook, Demarcus Walker, Derwin James.

Florida is known to produce busts year after year. I just provided you a list to prove that over the past 5 years

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Family is from New York. I still have a ton of family there. My grandparents immigrated from Italy and my father was born and raised in New York. Family moved down to Miami for my grandfather's liquor company.

Was raised a Jets fan from the day I could walk. Have never looked back. Still head over to my old man's house every football Sunday to watch Sunday ticket with him in all our Jets gear. It's like a holiday for us every week

SOJAZ, Savatage, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Won't pretend to know anything about the guy, but watching his highlight reel made me think of JPP.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

damn I guess I need to like you now

probs

Falco21 and Brook! like this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I felt there were better pass rushers available, but I'll give Zuniga a chance.

NCJetsfan and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Not sure he will pan out, but "initial burst" is right! Saw some tape on this guy, and his first step at the snap is dynamite.

Pepsiguy5 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’m gonna give our GM... who worked for one of the best mid-round drafters with one of the best defensive teams of my lifetime... the benefit of the doubt. Although “he went to Florida so he’s gonna get injured” is a pretty bulletproof case.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. We've gotta give Joe Douglas a chance. He's different.

We have not drafted a 1st round O-Lineman or 1st round WR since dating back to 2006 (Brick/Mangold) and 2001 (Santana Moss). That's 14 years and 19 years ago. And he goes out there and...

A.) Drafted O-Line 1st round.
    B.) Traded back, picks up an extra 3rd and drafts a WR 2nd round.
    C.) O-Line and WR back to back.
    D.) Uses that 3rd rounder from Seattle and trades with NEW ENGLAND for two extra 4th round picks (the Leon Washington round) and fleeced N.E who drafted a DUD @ TE.

Joe Douglas is having an awesome draft. And Broadway. Who cares if he comes from the Gators? It's still better than coming from "Wyoming" or "Buffalo" (Josh Allen and K.Mack") And who cares about injuries when each and every college team ever known to mankind has produced players who get hurt on an NFL level. The FSU fan talking down on the Gators forgets about Leon Washington getting hurt. Dalvin Cook getting hurt. Winston tossing 30 INT's and making rookie mistakes as a seasoned veteran etc etc I'm an FSU fan and will always respect Florida Gators talent. You can create a list of 100 Alabama busts too and starting with our 3 Alabama picks before Quinnen in Dee Milliner, ArDarius Steward and Greg McElroy (just from the Jets alone).

Saying that y player is going to stink because x player is from ___ is the most bush league way a sports fan can talk about sports it's so stupid I hate it.

Darnold wouldn't have been drafted @ all if going by the likes of Leinart, Barkley and Sanchez out of USC it's so bush league and it's disgusting.

Rolando McClain
    Jon Hand.
    Antonio Langham
    David Palmer

Mark Barron
    Siran Stacy
    Andre Smith
    Eric Curry.
    Dee Milliner.
    John Copeland.

Dre Kirkpatrick
    Kevin Lee.

Keith McCants
    George Thornton
    Trent Richardson

All Alabama busts but yet could not stop talented kids like Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs lll from getting drafted @ WR tonight.

9. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Really? There's a lot of "WRONG" in this list.

Marcus Maye is a starter. Not a bust. Danta Fowler? Really? What a joke. Before I give up on this list, how is Trent Brown who was a 7th rounder a bust? Dudes still in the league bro.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

As for Joe Douglas:

I am actually loving everything I see for the past two nights.

OT picked
    A STUD WR picked (I was literally in state of shock when Jets scooped up Mims with what, 59th pick? Holy mother of God.)
    Defensive backfield strengthened
    Pass rush addressed.

On top of this, Douglas picked a handful of good picks (3x 3rd -> 2x 3rd + 3x 4th) trading down while getting the good, solid players. Unlike Magic Mike. [Who would trade down a few times and blow the chance to get the kid he needed] Finally I see a GM that hoards picks and makes good decisions with it.

I'm not going to guess what Joe D will do with the picks tomorrow. I guess I can keep the draft in his hands and have a good night's sleep without worrying much.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Man that's a horse crap list.

Don't talk about players from FL getting hurt and then mentioning FSU kids like Benjamin, Cook and Freeman who have all suffered horrible NFL injuries thus far.

Don't talk about players from FL being busts when Winston himself is a bust ran out of town by TB due to throwing 30 INT's as a seasons veteran last year along with a QB Record of 28-42 because you can not win with a turnover machine tossing 88 INT's along with another 50 fumbles throughout only a 5 year career lol that's 26 freaking turnovers per season!

And don't mentioned FL busts without mentioning our own FSU busts (in order to prove an agenda driven point).

Peter Warrick.
    Dexter Carter.
    Kelvin Benjamin.
    EJ Manuel.
    Christian Ponder.
    Bjoern Werner
    Roberto Aguayo.
    Sammie Smith.
    Andre Wadsworth.
    Jamal Reynolds.
    Karlos Williams.
    Jameis Winston (freaking turnover prone machine).
    Alonzo Jackson.
    Derrick Gibson.
    Eric Shelton.
    Greg Allen.

Did all of these FSU busts (just to name a few) prevent my boy Cam Akers from being drafted who I wanted as a Jet?

Nope.

And you know why?

Because it's the most bush league point of view a college football fan could ever have it's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself for pretending as if FSU doesn't produce 3x the amount of NFL busts as the Miami Hurricanes have.

And stop acting and pretending as if we haven't went 3 consecutive seasons in a row with losing records compared to the Gators who've gone 21-5 within the SEC over the past two years (2 bowl game wins too).

Gators have gone 2-0 vs our FSU Seminoles by the score of lol 81-31 and you're complaining about drafting a FLORIDA GATOR this year? Um. Ok?

Don't be an FSU butt hurt fan and take it out on newly drafted Gators who just became Jets (I'll take the Gators roster over our FSU's roster as of late fyi).

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's just butt hurt that the Gators have gone 2-0 vs our FSU Seminoles by the score of 81-31 over the previous two years lol so he's trying to take his Gators hatred out on our Jets for selecting a Gator who's whooped our ass previous two seasons.

I'm a casual FSU fan. I don't follow them throughout the offseason nor have I ever posted on an FSU fan forum however I've loved them since moving from Queens to St.Pete Florida when I was 15 (now 34). They give me a reason to follow college Football and go to games 4-5 x per season up in Tally but there's no way I'll ever crap on Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators.

You eliminate FSU/MIA/FL/USF/UCF and just have one powerhouse state of Florida school? And we whoop Alabama's ass every year as we have the greatest group of Hall of Fame Players of All-Time and no state has a chance against the state of Florida's HOF greats (talking to you, Alabama).

Florida State. MIA. Gators it doesn't matter these kids are born with Florida DNA. Some bust and some don't. The one's who don't become all-time legends.

13. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Whatever. But I cant stand when someone hates a pick because of the college they went to. Its absurd. Especially if said team is in the SEC.

Jets fan used that against Kentucky last year against a certain someone. ""OMG! Remember Jonh Conner?!"

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. Josh Allen. Was a loser with KY who couldn't lead his team out of the SEC lol I've heard it all before man.

But yea, if we go by colleges? Sam Darnold would have never been drafted and there would be no such thing as a K. Mack (Buffalo) and no Jerry Rice neither (Mississippi Valley State).

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Either that or wake up to a horses head on your pillow :eek:

NCJetsfan, Red Menace and MoWilkBeast like this.
  16. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

17. K'OB

The T1000 didn't forget him that's for sure.

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The most disappointing aspect of this pick is the lack of Daphne Zuniga photos (c.1985) in this thread.

themorey likes this.
  19. K'OB

Plenty of man love and lists though, the holiday season must be over again.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Who?