2020 NFL Draft - Round 1 Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 23, 2020.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

jones is ok but you called him elite and rodgers not? lol rodgers played smart with the best aorund him. giving him a WR opposite adams would have been huge. a QB that won't play for years doesn't help. they are a win now team. they have a window for a couple of years to win a SB. adding a player that could help during that time is way more important

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Smart enough to look like a total bum against the 49ers. Aaron Jones was fantastic, easily a top 3 rb last year. Rodgers wasn't elite last yr, elite players make those around him better. Rodgers didn't do that, but he'll bounce back.

3. GasedAndConfused

LMAO jones a top 3 RD? wow just wow

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you were that anxious. I was too, but was trying to poke fun at myself. I had been nervous, agitated, irritable all day. Even thought I do really believe in and trust Douglas, I was so afraid that he would take defense because the 4 OTs would be gone and maybe wouldn't want to take a WR that high, and mostly because of Jets' history. My rational mind told and tells me that Douglas is different and this is a new day, but until I get some more concrete evidence of that, it's hard for me to be 100% confident in him. We have been betrayed and fooled and disappointed so many times!!!!

At any rate, I hope that you're feeling a LOT better today and won't be suffering any of those symptoms tonight! Hang in there my friend. I think we're all about to go on a glorious ride that will make up for our 40-50 years of suffering.

Red Menace and mrjet80 like this.
  5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Willing to eat some early crow. Becton's force can't be denied, I just hope he can be the plug & play tackle from Week 1 and onward.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It came down to draft history, the anticipation was killing me, I like JD and was hoping he would be that guy, when I heard Becton get called, I just felt like we are going in the right direction.

I believe he will have a better draft than Mac, and Idzik did his first time around, his philosophy is sound and he understands how to build a team.

Many GMs talk a good game when it comes to building a team but then they are a train wreck when it actually has to be done.

Jets are in good hands with JD and will have one of their better drafts this year.

mrjet80, CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

Lmao check the stats and his impact last year. But far more believable then the Packers not having an offensive line m I rite?

Beast running and catching the football.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

i said i thought they had o-line injuries. at least i can admit if i goofed but please focus on that and not the 30 things you are wrong about and refuse to admit :):););)

9. 101GangGreen101

No one here is a pro, and I have no problem admitting I am WRONG, fortunately I wasn't wrong here. Don't try and put that on me buddy you didn't get it right and that's OK! =)

Perhaps go check out Aaron Jones season. Major impact catching the ball and running the ball. Rodgers called him the MVP of the offense. Top 3 running back last year along with McCafferty and Henry.

10. GasedAndConfused

rodgers isn't elite but aaron jones is and you don't see how you are wrong on both accounts lol

11. 101GangGreen101

Context my man, I said LAST YEAR he wasn't elite. So yeah, still stands =)

12. GasedAndConfused

he was still elite. you are just syaing he isn't becuase you felt he threw the ball away too many times. depsite his numbers being clearly elite and he won 13 games and had no WRs to throw to and his team was full of injuries and he was playing banged up.

13. 101GangGreen101

Nope wasn't elite last year. He wasn't the same Rodgers, too conservative and he hurt his team. No doubt he's regressing. Maybe he gets back to elite status. Elite play is a year in and year out thing. Right now you living in the past.

Like I said Aaron Jones elite back, Jamaal Williams was pretty good too. He had weapons.

Winning is a team game, they had a very good pass rush, great offensive line and a strong running game.

14. GasedAndConfused

lol ok buddy

15. 101GangGreen101

It's ok friend.