2020 NFL Draft - Round 1 Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 23, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Other than “you were doing so well, why did you have to have nachos and wings last night?” I woke up with a gut feeling of Lamb at 11. I think the top three tackles are going to be off the board and Douglas is going to realize there’s far more value in taking the top ranked receiver (maybe that’s Jeudy then) because of how glaring a need that position is for us. If they are going truly with a blend of best player available and team need, I find it hard to believe that he has four tackles above either of the receivers on his big board.

What’s your final answer? Not who you want... but how you think it will play out.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

My gut feeling is also Lamb...have no idea why and he’s not even my first choice but I’m fine with it

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

This is supposed to be a deep class as far as WR's go so they can get one in the later rounds. I don't know which one they take but I think the 1st Rd pick will be OL.

boozer32 likes this.
  4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think it's going to be Becton. I think Wills, Wirfs, and Thomas all go in the top 10 and JD stays committed to rebuilding the OL. Don't love it but I don't hate it either.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Thomas , no reason why.

6. DSL97

DSL97 Member

Gut says Becton, other 3 OT are gone (I'm gonna throw up if this happens)
    Heart says Lamb

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think you could be right. IMO, Becton isn't a consideration and Wills, Wirfs and Thomas could be gone. If Thomas is still on the board, I would draft him, even though he may not be the best fit scheme wise. Some team may move up for Lamb ahead of the Jets.

IMO, Jets draft Andrew Thomas. Wills and Wirfs off the board.

8. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

My gut, and a sliver of what I want, is telling me Ruggs in a trade down with Denver.

9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because I've been burned by the Jets so many times, but my gut is telling me not an offensive lineman.

I'm an OL guy this year, so if any of the top four are available, that's who I would pick. Logic says they will take an OL, but as I said, they never go the way I expect lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hoping for Thomas, would still be happy if we got Jeudy / Lamb. IMO a player like that fits our scheme, he has the best lineman tape.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

I had a dream it was Lamb a month ago. But think it’ll be Becton. We’ll see if conscious me is more useless than unconscious me.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If Mac were still the GM, I'd say the pick would be Javon Kinlaw, DT. Even though he isn't still GM (Thank God!!!!), and I know with my head that Douglas isn't stupid like Mac, the fear in my gut (or maybe it's just experience because Jets) tell me the first pick is still gonna be a defensive player Chaisson (Edge) or Henderson (CB). I hope to hell I'm wrong.

I really do believe that this is going to be a new day and Douglas is going offense in this draft, especially with the first pick. If he goes WR, I think it will be Lamb. If he's determined to take an OT (which I think he probably is), I'm hoping a trade down for Jones and that I've been wrong about Jones not being able to start this year. I think WW85 is right about Becton not being Douglas' kind of player, but Douglas could be so focused on fixing the OL that he steps out of character and takes Becton.

13. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

My gut is telling me OT... but If the top 3 are gone... I think it’s gonna be CJ Henderson.

14. SoylentGreen

15. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

My gut is telling me it’s almost time to start drinking. I’m all in on Bector, have a feeling he will be there and we may pass.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I hate to be this guy, but this is the third time you've claimed to be all in on a guy who's name you don't even know.

17. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

:D Pardon me Becton

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think he's already drinking :)

19. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

Shelter in place has me drunk 24/7. :cool:

20. SoylentGreen

Becton is outlier as an OT...
    He is considered a little too big, there really has never been a guy his size with enough agility to succeed in the NFL at OT. You take that, then look at his weight and back which are both said to be a possible long term issue, and a failed drug test...

It all adds up to him being The sort of pick that our past GM’s would make (not unlike an Edoga or Polite pick). You ignore all the negatives and just look at the positives.

I highly doubt Douglas takes him, but this is all new so who knows...

WW85 likes this.