Adams for Chase Young?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stevied, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Adams and our 1, for the skins 1.

Gets us an impact player at a, “real” position and allows us to avoid an extension we would have to give Adams for a while

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

No

FlaJet likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. Horrendous trade for us, steal of a lifetime for the Skins.

Mr mittens likes this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That would be awful. The Jets would lose Adams and a top OT or WR? Hard pass.

5. Stevied

Well this is a deep WR draft, so we could still get one later.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If I traded Adams I want at least this year's #1 plus a #2 or high #3, and next year's #2. minimum. IOW: I want premium draft capital to use to fill the multiple holes we have. Chase Young would fill one hole, hopefully, period. Not worth it.

FlaJet likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

8. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

no chance you get more than the number two pick for him. If you want you could trade for the pick and then trade down and accumulate a bunch of other picks.

9. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

Real possibility the Jets miss out on one of the "top 4" offensive tackles. We need to protect Sam! The latest reports suggest Wash will be able to get a #1 pick for Williams (seems doubtful but who knows). What about Adams and # 11 for Williams and # 2? I love Jamal (although getting a bit tired of his "me first" attitude). The age difference is a concern (Williams is 31) and he will demand top dollar but the structure of the upcoming deal for both players is probably pretty close. Losing the heart and soul of the defense (some could argue the team) would hurt but perhaps C. J. Mosely takes over that role (we're certainly paying him enough). For me, the thought of Chase Young running around Metlife stadium on game day makes this a deal I'd strongly consider. And who knows, maybe we can get Grant Delpit (S, LSU) in the 3rd to take Jamal's place.

Stevied likes this.
  10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Are you a Skins fan?

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Adams for the #2 would be fine. But straight up. No added picks (loss of depth) on our side and no conditions on the trade (Adams re-signing with trade partner, etc.)

Edit: and yes I am taking Chase Young if I make that deal.

BradysTornACL likes this.
  12. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

Skins also give up their 3rd, one of their 4th and 7th and I might be in. Tired of Adams. Adams will never fetch a top 5 pick alone btw guys.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd be open to trading down after this trade. But only a few spots to ensure that I won't miss out on the OT prospects. Would be nice to get Wirfs/Wills/Thomas, Jeudy/Lamb, and more picks for this year and next. :D

Br4d likes this.
  14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I’ve learned one thing all these years. Go with the sure thing rather than speculation. NO WAY.

15. 101GangGreen101

this trade would never happen, they already paid a lesser safety in Landon Collins

16. Stevied

Many moons ago, Snyder took our boy Laron Landry, I think 2 years, after drafting Taylor

17. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

please explain his me first attitude? He’s skipping a VOLUNTARY workout that I don’t even believe is in person. We know he’ll be ready when the time comes. Stop reading the media’s tweets and believing he’s bitching about a contract. JD said he was gonna handle it after the draft a few months ago. Draft hasn’t happened yet. He’ll get his and he knows it.

18. 101GangGreen101

3 years, but do you really think they would pay both Adams and Collins to be the highest paid safeties? Both Landry and Taylor were able to interchange. Too much money for that position and for a team attempting to rebuild

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

How is this even still a discussion? I assumed the thread would be closed be now because of the blatant trolling. It’s one of the worst trade proposals I’ve ever seen here.

LF911SC and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'd do Adams straight up for the #2 pick. There's no doubt Chase Young is the next great NFL pass rusher. He'd fit really well next to all the hogs we have and veteran blitzing linebackers. Dude wouldn't have to worry in the slightest about playing the run for his first couple years.

Not for Adams and our #1 though. We need premium picks for offense. Chase Young compares very similarly to Von Miller coming out of college. The only knock is being stronger at the point of attack and getting a bit more football strong in his base.