2nd / 3rd Round WRs?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by sozopol, Mar 24, 2020.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would be all in on that. The Jets addressing some offense in the early rounds. How very rare.

James Hasty likes this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

We still have free agency, the draft, after the draft and preseason cuts

3. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I really like Chase Claypool out of Notre Dame. He's big, strong, crazy fast, not afraid to go over the middle, will knock defenders on their ass as a blocker, and has made some ridiculous catches like he's climbing the rungs of a ladder.

His game needs pro refinement (route tree, ability to gain separation) but he will be some team's number one within the next couple of years.

KWJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Man, if Tee Higgins is sitting there with our 2nd round pick... Would be an awesome addition as a possession receiver. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Marshall and Micheal Thomas hybrid.

5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Not sure if he's a 2nd/3rd round guy but a guy I really like for the Jets is Lynn Bowden (homer UK fan pick, I know). I think he could be a real possibility for us in the 4th at #120 especially if we have only drafted 1 WR at that point. Bowden is more of a gadget player right now than a finished product but he's quick, tough, and knows how to create in space. If he wants to develop as a WR he needs to work on his route running and route tree but I think he has the tools and work ethic to accomplish that.

J-Raw24 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He's a possibility, but I like Antonio Gibson from Memphis better.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. UK jet

UK jet Member

Anybody know anything about Jalen Reagor from TCU?
    Not seen much myself but he's projected mid to late 3rd round so could be one we're watching

8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think they are similar players but I see Gibson as more of a RB prospect with pass-catching ability than a WR. Plus, I think Gibson would require a higher pick, probably our last 3rd round pick (79), whereas I think Bowden could be had in the 4th (120). I can see the argument for either though.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'm not sure where you've seen a 3rd round grade on Reagor but most of the info I've seen has him late 1st/early 2nd round.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. UK jet

UK jet Member

Sorry yes your right mid 2nd
    That many WR before him got my projections wrong
    Still know nowt about him though

11. ColoradoContrails

Agreed. Being able to be used as a RB was actually one of the reasons I preferred him. It gives options if Bell doesn't come back to form. At the same time, he could be used as a receiver. I was impressed by his physical attributes, a good combination of size, power, and speed.

I do also agree that Bowden would be a good addition, especially if they don't take Gibson (or he's already taken). There's a growing trend I think for finding all-purpose players like McCaffrey.

KY Jets Fan and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

MDJets likes this.
  13. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

not sure what level of competition he played against but dear lord did he look dynamic in traffic as well as in the open field. I’d take that on my team any day of the week.

14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I like the utility, multi talent player like this guy and who be a huge fit for the Jets imo. I think he is a late 2nd rd and early 3rd rd pick. That just me postulating.

Could be a lethal combo if Jets grab another Speedy WR.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm a big Irish fan so I've seen a lot of him. I agree with everything you said. Not sure he falls enough for the Jets to grab him, but I'd be really happy with that pick assuming we go OT in the 1st round.

16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I agree. I'm all for adding weapons for this offense, regardless of what their position designation is.

I'll just leave this here to add to the Lynn Bowden talk...

17. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

The Jets are in desperate need of a big bodied red-zone and possession receiver. Could that guy be Josh Doctson? Maybe...He's been know for more of a home-run hitter then possession guy.

With one of our round #3 selections I would Love either Gibson and or Gandy-Golden (my personal fav in this draft from an upside prospective. Guy reminds me soo much of BMarsh). I also love Mims but he's probably going to be gone before we pick in round #2

AGG!!
    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/antonio-gandy-golden?id=32194741-4e13-9028-ffdd-34109916cfd5

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the film/video. I like that he's a punt returner. He looks good as well. I'd like to see the Jets add either Bowden or Gibson.

19. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Of course! Clearly I'm a little biased towards Bowden because I've watched him for the last few years but my main thing, and I think we can all agree on this, is the Jets just need more weapons on offense. Whether that be Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs in the 1st, Pittman/Shenault/Aiyuk/Higgins/Hamler/etc. in the 2nd, or guys like Gibson/Peoples-Jones/Claypool/Edwards//Jefferson/Bowden in the 3rd/4th range, I don't care. JD just needs to focus on giving Sam weapons and time (in the form of a better OL) to be able to find those weapons when they're open. With how historically deep this WR class is, I fully expect the Jets to walk away with at least 2 early-mid round WR's. I just hope I'm right.

20. ColoradoContrails

Yes, Bowden would be a good pick.

KY Jets Fan and NCJetsfan like this.