Jets sign Breshad Perriman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 24, 2020.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol your taking 1 year where perrimen was on a high powered offense as a WR 3 with godwin and evans 2 pro bowlers next to him and a QB that chucked it all around. with robby being a WR1 on a team with no o-line. 3 games with Qbs not fit to be in the NFL and facing constant double teams. yet was still at productive so you only proved my point.

both WRs 4 year careers
    robby 1 team 207 catches 3059 yards 20 TDs
    perrimen 3 teams 95 catches 1561 yards 11 TDs

robby has doubled his production i the same 4 year span and hasn't been passed around like a cheap whore that nobody wanted.

Red Menace and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  2. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

So what would you want to compare? When he was Wr1 or 2 from the injuries they had and he killed it and those numbers out perform Robby by far? Just curious cause it seems we got the better play with higher upside and for cheaper if you ask me.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Perrimans production last year came when Goodwin and Evans were out. He was less productive when they were in. That rational for Robbie being better on a team with good weapons is ass backwards.

LAJet and SOJAZ like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

I don't care about a 2 game span in a 4 year career. overall he's done nothing worthwhile in the NFL and he was a 1st round pick. if he does well here i'd be happy. I just don't see it.

5. GasedAndConfused

yeah in a couple game span. still doens't make him good though. even stephen hill and devin smith have had a good game. rememebr that 1 dude who had like 220+ yards recieving week 1 then never did shit again. perriman has had plenty of time to perform and just hasn't done it

6. NYGANGGREEN

now your just reaching so you say one thing we give you the numbers and then it’s another thing lmao. Hill or smith never had a four game stretch like that even off potential please stop. He’s clearly becoming a better player period. Hill or smith never did jack but drop passes

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

i don't care about hill or smith. the point was perrimen has had 4 years to prove his worth and failed outside of a couple of games. It amazes me how someone who came in as an UDFA here and performed great got shit on by the fan base. but someone who was rejected by 3 teams after being a 1st round bust is somehow incredible.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. NYGANGGREEN

you brought up hill and smith, not me. Try to stick on the topic that your not good at proving either. I’m giving you the reasons why and you brought up those dudes, now you don’t care. Make yourself make sense man. You know what I will make it easy and bow out cause your just yapping.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

as an example of why a couple of good games means nothing. what has perrimen done in his 4 years in the NFL to warrant any faith

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He didn't perform great. He performed below average for starting NFL WR in today's NFL. The numbers that starting NFL WR are putting up are staggeringly better than the numbers Robbie has put up. It's not like he's Wayne Chrebet who actually put up really good numbers vs. NFL WR of the day.

We replaced a mediocre situational WR with a mediocre situational WR.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

it's comments like this that remind me why i took a break from posting here. maybe I'll just post on the reddit where people have brain-cells.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We agree on something. Enjoy.

stinkyB likes this.
  13. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

It's true Anderson never put up great numbers. That said he was good. Would have been better if we had the time to take more shots down the field. But not great. Great wrs put up 1000 yards anyway. Hopkins did it with garbage qbs before Watson got there. He has been better than Perriman in the span of their career. I don't think they are on the same level. Perriman has more potential yes, but Robbie has absolutely been the better wr. If Perriman reaches his potential it's a different story. But neither are great and Anderson is currently better than Perriman.

Biggs likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

robby was like 3 better throws from sam away from 1k yards, he was also on a pro bowl pace with mccown until he got hurt and petty came in at QB. niether are great no and robby is gone it's not the end of the world. people here just have the nerve to shit on robby then praise perriman and it's a joke

K'OB likes this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Last year 29 NFL WR had more than a 1000 yards. 5 more were 3 passes away from 1000 yards. There were 44 NFL players with more yards than Andersen. In his best year he ranked 21 in yards. So Robbie has ranked 79th, 21, 39 and 45th in yards. He wasn't remotely in the class of the top NFL WR.

Perriman has been an underachiever. He's got talent and has flashed it. Robbie has been more productive. He is mediocre. Robbie didn't want to play for the Jets at a reasonable price. Any Jets fan should hope that Perriman, who has at least as much talent as Robbie a bigger body and great speed and strength shows up and produces at least as good as Robbie if not better.

When will Jets fans stop shitting on Perriman who wanted to play for the Jets and praising Robbie who walked for chump change because he didn't want to be here for less than 14 per.

#295 Biggs, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

bump

there are some real gems in here

apjbfc and Noam like this.
  17. FieldsofDreams

At least Perriman didn’t bust a nut in some cop’s wife’s eye.

NCJetsfan and b.reyes16 like this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Personally, I’m willing to give JD the chance to execute his plan, but letting Robby go and replacing him with Perriman was a bad decision. Period.

perriman was a first round underachieving bust with some injury history, and that is EXACTLY what we’ve seen here in the first half of the year. I don’t expect it to change much.

in contrast, Robby was an overachieving undrafted player who had some success here, and is having even better success now at Carolina

im not saying I’d want Robby as my #1 because I don’t think he’s that guy, but I would’ve kept him at a reasonable salary as my #2/#3 guy.

I don’t think he was asking for crazy money, and I think he should have been kept.

I think both players’ results so far this year make that pretty clear

19. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I stand by Robby's decision

20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Man, imagine how much different our WR's would look if we had gotten this version of Robby this year. This Robby, Mims, and Crowder would've been a solid trio for Sam and maybe our offense wouldn't look so abysmal.

I like JD but the Robby/Perriman decision is one that continues to look worse and worse each week.

blackssmagic and Jets79 like this.