Horror Flick Fans: List Your Faves (Made For TV/Sci-Fi Mixes Welcome) & Critique Away

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Oct 28, 2017.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Wow. I've never even heard of that, but I'm sure as hell going to seek it out now. Tra la la, la la la argh. I hope anyway.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Doctor Sleep was really good. Mike Flanagan continues to direct great films. I re-watched The Shining before I saw this, and that is a really good movie too. Jack Nicholson is amazing in it. It is such a unique film. So detailed, yet so much untold. I had not seen it in many years, so it was nice to watch it as an adult. I may re-watch it again soon.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Finally watched The Lighthouse today. It was bonkers! Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe did a great job. Such a unique film.

jetophile likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I saw this oldie but baddie last night. Holy Crap, HAH. Some of the dialogue, yes, I was shrieking, especially some cavalier remark about the boys school having a panty raid. A panty raid, LMFAO. I'm saying some of the lines off the top of my head. I have a mind like a camera (post-coma brain thing), may not be exactly verbatim but I guarantee it's damn close:

"Have the parents been notified?"
    "They're in a traveling circus touring in Europe right now, but yes, they've been notified and should be here any day."
    "Who could be responsible for this?"
    "Perhaps an exchange student from a small village in the Carpathian Mountains."
    Benefactor: "Your grants to Sherwood School could dry up altogether. Investors don't like to be involved in a hotbed of scandal and terror!"

It's on Tubi right now. They have a TON of hilarious horror schlock on there. It's glorious.

5. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

TCM plays a ton like this during October. So bad in the best way possible. Dracula vs. Billy the kid and Frankenstein meets the Wolfman are also GEMS of the so bad it's good category

6. jetophile

Haha, I'm watching this gem right now:

You should see the tree monster, it is so worth it to sit through this cheese fest. It looks like a retarded constipated cousin of one of the trees from The Haunted Forest in 'The Wizard of Oz'. Hahahahaha.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  7. jetophile

^There's actually a FEMALE DOCTOR in this movie! "Don't you want to have children like other women? You should stop putting being a doctor first and a woman second." LMFAO, this is worse than 'The Donna Reed Show'!

"He came back as a Tree Monster. They call it Tobonga! Creature of revenge!" Hahahahaha!

EDIT: It's Baranga! Silly me!

#267 jetophile, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    Jets_Grinch likes this.
  8. jetophile

"Pull up the roots so it dies befor it kills everyone!" I haven't seen this movie in about 35 years and it's just as funny as it was the first time.

"Where's your scieintific curiosity, Doctor? Anyway, Washington wants us to investigate it so let's take the risk (to male Dr.)!"
    Female Dr. (Dr. Mason) to male Dr. (Bill): "Now look, Bill, I can handle a gun if the need arises. Remember, we're both working for The Foundation!"
    "Well, I see I'm outvoted. If you people feel like chopping wood I don't mind some exercise. Let's get the choppers."

Most of the natives on this vague Polynesian Island don't even look vaguely Polynesian. I'm dying here.

"I'm all for throwing it in the quicksand to return it to its ancestors!"

Hahahahaha, highly recommend.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Anyone seen this gem? My wife will never watch it so I may need to sneak it in.

jetophile likes this.
  10. jetophile

"What you need is some counseling!" Hahahaha, if you've seen one mutant baby movie, you've seen 'em all.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Jaws was one of the scariest movies ever. I'm still a little creeped out swimming in the Ocean.
    Invasion of the Body snatchers. I'm still a little creeped out when I eat sugar snap peas.
    Carrie. I'm still a little creeped out when I think about my high school prom.
    The Blob. I'm still a little creeped out about the slug buildup on my bedroom door.
    To Catch a Killer. Don't get me started about Clowns.
    Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer. Hands down the creepiest of them all. I'm still a little creeped out by random murder.

12. Dierking

When I was a kid my dad wouldn’t let us see Jaws because he didn’t want us to develop a fear of swimming in the ocean.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So that summer we were headed up to Lake Michigan, always did one of the Great Lakes with the grandparents in August to get us all tuckered out before school started.

Our Dodge Duster had 4 kids in the back seat for the ride from NYC to Rochester and then through Canada to Detroit where the gp's resided. For some reason our parents were not clued in to the Jaws phenomenon so they did the usual and gave each kid a buck or two to spend at the first gas station we hit, buying candy, comics, etc for the trip.

My eyes lit on all the magazines with shark stories including one about the Great White shark that went up the St Lawrence and got into Lake Erie in 1952 or whatever... They stretched the story to include runs through Huron and Michigan and into Superior, etc.

I plunked down the 75 cents for it and spent the whole trip reading it aloud to my three little sisters. What a bastard I was.

By the time we got to the lake a few days later none of us would go in swimming past our knees. My parents and gp's were so aggravated at me that they went and rented a paddle board and made me paddle out to the buoy like 3 times to prove to my sisters that there were no sharks in Lake Michigan. On the third trip out I saw a shadow in the water and started screaming uncontrollably. I was maybe 13 at the time. My sisters started shrieking on the shoreline and my dad and grandfather gave up and went into town to get drunk at the local bar.

Ah, the memories of childhood

14. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

I recommend Terrified on Shudder. Not Terrifier, the awful clown one, TERRIFIED, the Argentinian one.

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

My dad taught me how to swim by throwing me into shark infested water.

16. jetophile

Builds character!

17. jetophile

That one has been on my list, mostly because my Daddy was born in Buenos Aires. I saw 'What We Become' oddly enough right as it began to began to hit the fan with Coronavirus. The gov't forces people to quarantine in their homes but keeps them in the dark literally and figuratively about what is raging outside.

Somewhat typical and somewhat derivative zombie fare, but some scenes do deliver big time. Danish with subtitles.

The guy who plays the Dad is really good. Some good atmosphere as the tension escalates.

Catfish Billy likes this.
  18. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

this looks awesome. Will definitely check out

19. Dierking

Watching Mr. Frost with Jeff Goldblum as a he devil. Creepy psych-thriller. Kathy Baker was a hot little minx as well.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  20. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I did a double-take because I thought you said Kathy "Bates" was a hot little minx.

KWJetsFan likes this.