Draft Rumor (Quinnen Williams)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 5, 2020.

?

If Atlanta is willing, would you trade Quinnen Williams for the Falcons' #16 pick?

1. Yes, where do I sign up?

59.1%
  2. No, Get Outta here!

37.9%
  3. Other

3.0%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

On Jets Talk 24/7 the host mentions a rumored possible trade between the Falcons and Jets with the Falcons moving up to #11 and the Jets getting the Falcons #16 pick and an additional 3rd round pick. I don't think I'd do that unless all 4 of the top OTs are gone and both Lamb and Jeudy by #11.

The host mentioned an alternate trade idea I like a lot. He speculated on who Atlanta might be wanting to trade up for, and said it was probably either a CB or DT. If it's a DT, he wondered if the Falcons might be willing to give us their #16 pick straight up for Quinnen Williams.

There are several difference scenarios that could then play out.

#1 At #11 the Jets take one of the top 4 OTs and at #16 they take Justin Jefferson
    #2 At #11 the Jets take one of the top 4 OTs and at #16 they take K'Lavon Chaisson
    #3 At #11 the Jets take one of Lamb/Jeudy and at #16 they take Josh Jones
    #4 at #11 the Jets take one of the top 4 OTs and at #16 they take Josh Jones, then then potentially have a bookend set of tackles for the next 10 years.

They'd still have 3 more picks to take whichever they wanted needed between WR, OL, CB or Edge. They could then add a RB, QB, or another OL or WR in the 4th and 5th rounds

That could, and quite possibly would be a franchise-changing move. It would give them a great young core of talent, and could set them up to be a playoff team by next season and a contender for the 5-10 years after that. Yes it would hurt the DL depth and run defense some short term (good DTs are in the draft every year, however, so it's not like it would cripple the D), but it would help balance the team and fill more holes.

I'd make that trade in a NY minute. How about you?

tomdeb and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I’m not sure Quinnen is worth the 16th right now.

Since he’s done nothing I won’t miss him. I’d do the deal to let Joe Douglas have more bullets in the draft.

3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

If be willing to trade Q for a draft pick but not the trade described here. Much rather keep the 11.

FlaJet, NCJetsfan and SOJAZ like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well I don't think Atlanta would give us the #16 pick for QW, but if they did, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I would also consider giving them QW and another pick, maybe a 3rd next year, to get their #16.

boozer32, dmw, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I don’t know, that’s a tough call. I have to think that a big part of trading Leonard Williams away was because of Quinnen Williams. I don’t have an answer for that yet.

FlaJet, NCJetsfan and blackssmagic like this.
  6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Big caveat though... It doesn’t really make sense for the Falcons to trade up for a DT. While it’s true that Brown and Kinlaw are superior to the rest of the class, they have a good player there in Grady Jarrett and an ok player in Tyeler Davison. It’s not a positional need such that they couldn’t instead trade back and take Blacklock if they really wanted a DT.

If they want to move up, it’s for either Edge or CB. I believe CB is a gaping hole on their roster, and that while not everyone loves CJ Henderson, he is the best cover guy by a good bit after only Jeff Okudah.

Pepsiguy5, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

I don't think they would, either. It would depend if they were looking to trade up to get a DT and if they liked Q better than Javon Kinlaw who would probably be who they were targeting. I think Q was more highly rated than Kinlaw is. I don't know if Q's 2019 season would help or hurt. To get a young player that they don't have to give a signing bonus to, and maybe cheaper than what they'd have to give Kinlaw, they might.

8. NCJetsfan

You're probably right that it's for a CB. It was fun to think about for a little while however. I mean how sweet would it be for Douglas to get the opportunity to pick up another first round pick that he could use to either really help/upgrade the offense or add the edge rusher or maybe even CB we need.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We can afford to skimp on interior DL, especially this season. If there's a hole heading into next season, we can fill it in free agency.

10. KKrlic

KKrlic New Member

On last year's performance I don't think QW is worth a 1st but I would still turn it down, I think he'll come good. He also comes across as a likeable dude, which helps with team chemistry.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yes and wouldn’t think twice about it. No DT is worth a top 5 pick. I still can’t believe we took him over Josh Allen.

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

So Atlanta would get one of the most hyped defenders to come out in recent memory a top ten pick from last year AND they almost trade into the top ten this year and all it'd cost them is a measley third round pick?

Terrible trade for the Jets, awesome trade for Atlanta.

Give Q a couple more years at least before giving up on him.

Hearing about trade proposals like this and Dallas calling up to talk about Jamal Adams is very telling how low other NFL people's opinions of the Jets front office are.

IDFjet, Leicester Jet and BomberJet like this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The trade isn't 11 and QW for 16 and a 3rd. The speculation was 11 for 16 + a 3rd. The OP then came back and asked the question about QW for the 16th.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Oh the trade down I would consider definately.

A Quinnen Williams trade doesn't seem realistic for many reasons.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t move anyone right now, QW is on a rookie contract, play it out and simply use this years draft to address the offensive side of the ball.

Unless a team offers a great deal, I mean a beautiful deal for the 11th spot I would keep my players.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I still can’t understand the fascination with rushing to trade Quinnen Williams. It will never make sense.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

11 is a prime spot, if there are some trade ups for QBs surely one of those tackles may fall. Only trade I will entertain is the 49ers and their 13 and 31

Red Menace and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Trade Quinnen for the 16th pick and grab Denzel Mims. :D

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm not trading QW for the 16. That leaves a big hole in the depth chart and it's right up the middle. I'd take the 16 and a later pick on the grounds that it would give Douglas two picks to make up the difference.

Red Menace, NCJetsfan and BomberJet like this.
  20. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Or how high their opinions of Jets players are

NCJetsfan likes this.