Jets re-sign David Fales

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 31, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I guess it only matters if you have a potential FQB that has never had a full season due to injuries and illness like... oh wait?

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

People either don’t get it or don’t want to get it. I believe what we’re seeing here is the latter. He went from “Flacco would be a good backup option to” “LMAO who cares about backup QB” after the coach he vehemently defends brings back a guy that has thrown 50 NFL passes in 5 years to backup a QB that has missed time in each of his first two seasons.

K'OB likes this.
  3. K'OB

You have to give yourself the best chance to win and Fales isn't it, how many times has Moore played and torched us as a backup for example?

Of course, they may well draft one in a later round?

Think I would prefer Moore tbh and surely he knows Gase's system as well?

When I say the best chance, that would only matter if by some chance we were winning before the backup was required, which let's face it is still in a little doubt :rolleyes:

Chappy13 and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Money, Money Money ever hear of that commodity?:mad:

5. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

imagine getting worked up over a camp arm

6. BroadwayAaron

Imagine assuming the guy who was the 2 behind Darnold for the entire second half of last season is only a camp arm.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Salary cap salary cap salary cap.
    :)

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Your assuming that they will will be paid as a FQB I am thinking they will be paid sub money shocked you did not understand that your self :mad:

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

yourself

FJF likes this.
  10. FJF

You can’t claim money money money and then claim they will come for 2nd strong money. You’re contradicting yourself. They are not coming here or anywhere for sub money with no chance to start. Why do you think they will?

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I think we've all realized this guy stinks. I think the issue here is because he knows the system and with little or no OTA's, likely a condensed training camp etc. AND the fact that they've brought in so many new OL and will likely have more new offensive players (whether OL, WR or RB) they need a guy like Fales to run with the 2nd squad and get them up to speed as quickly as possible. It has little to nothing to do with who is the #2. My gut is that they will sign one of the other guys mentioned in this thread and while that guy starts as #3 by the end of training camp he'll be familiar enough to be the #2 and Fales will be dumped and maybe put on the practice squad or if the other person isn't quite ready Fales will serve as the #2 for the first week or so until the other person can be the #2 then Fales gets dumped.

If it's anything other than this then I have to believe AG got JD drunk the other day and said let's fuck with the fans and sign this guy and not say a word why...

#51 No Fly Zone, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. FJF

And then
    Makes no sense

13. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Seriously. And if Fales ends up as the backup it is what it is. The only decent answer as a backup QB is Flacco. And I doubt he even wants to play football anymore in a place where he has no chance to start.

Stanton, Gabbert, Glennon, Matt Moore, David Fales. They're all the same god damn thing.

15. K'OB

He is an odd guy but I will try and untangle his thoughts on signing for money money money and then, you're assuming they will get paid FQB money.

Levels my friend, everybody has their level, Moore will sign up with a team for another year for $$$$$ because why not? Easy money in the bank with the high possibility of doing fuck all to earn it.

So therein answers the second question at the same time, no FQB money but good $$$$$ for sitting on your arse probably not having to work bar chuck a few balls in practice for the new W1 and W2 in camp :D

Does this absolve the :mad::mad::mad: one?

16. BroadwayAaron

Let’s assume Fales is the 2 in this scenario.

Gabbert - 56 games played
    Mike Glennon - 29 games played
    Matt Moore - 55 games played
    David Fales - 5 games played

A backup should be able to come in and manage the game. They probably aren’t going to make flashy plays and carry the weight of the offense on their shoulders. Just manage the game. If you can’t see why the first three are infinitely better options then you have ulterior motives in this conversations and I think I know what they are.

Chappy13 likes this.
  17. FJF

That ignores my original response stating that both qbs @championjets69 mentioned are looking for starting gigs.

18. FJF

All of those would have looked just as bad behind last years o line.

19. K'OB

Yeah, good point, didn't see that part, they wouldn't come here to be Sam's number two, unless they got desperate and we were stupid enough to offer a blown out QB 10m for one season, that wouldn't be us... oh wait.

McCown 2m to anybody else in the league but we give him 10m to whisper at Sam for a season :rolleyes:

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think that we have cap space to sign Matt Moore for a year or two. I read an article yesterday (Cimini?) that said that he figures that the Jets have about $9-$10 million in cap space. Winters can be cut, and Williamson can be traded or cut. Trumaine Johnson's cap savings will take care of signing the rookies. I don't think Moore would cost over $5 million and maybe not over $3 or $4 million.

K'OB likes this.