Jets Current State Cap/roster wise 03-26-20

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 26, 2020.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

if you think Vinny Curry is all we need for a pass rush then you damn sure need a cornerback

the passing defense was a mirage last season. if you don't want Clowney or a top corner then we will just have to live with giving up 30 points a game. I remember Lamar Jackson's 5 touchdown passes, it was easy, he didn't break a sweat

2. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

We improved the ol. So draft round 1 wr round 2 ot round 3 wr.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No they won't. In the 3rd round you're taking leftovers, players that may not even fit your scheme or what you're looking for in a WR. The Jets need a #1 type WR and they need a tall WR who excels in contested catches. In the 3rd round, there will likely be no #1 WR prospects, and the better WRs could be shorter than 6'. You speak as if you've never seen a draft or have no understanding of WRs and the Jets needs.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Secondary still got better as the year went on, Jets have 3 decent corners they can use. Our OLB depth is horrible, but the two guys I listed could really help bolster the pass-rusher on the outside. Q 2nd year in along with Mosley will help too.

Jets need to address the pass-rush, to help the secondary. Clowney will help, but for 17M, we might be able to grab both Curry and Golden. CB / EDGE will be a priority again, but gotta get Sam going.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Clowney isn't going to be locked into a 3-4 year deal when he can hit FA again next year and try to get that $20 million per season.

I"m not a betting man, but if I were, I'd bet that Claypool goes in the 2nd round. AGG might be OK, but he is slow for a WR, and Douglas is on record as saying he wants more team speed. He could just be blowing smoke, but I doubt it.

If we seriously upgrade both our OL and WR corps this season, then we can focus on edge and CB in next year's draft.

6. NCJetsfan

It's not quite that easy. We don't draft in the 2nd round until pick #48. That's halfway through the round. Prince Tega Wanogho will almost certainly be gone, and imo he is the best of the OTs slated to go in the 2nd round. The other OTs who could help (Isaiah Wilson and Ezra Cleveland) could be gone as well. IMO Douglas would have to very lucky to take a WR at #11 and then get one of those 3 OTs in the 2nd round, and even then, I'm not sure that Wilson or Cleveland would ever develop into a quality starter at LT. They might be good RTs in the NFL, but they may be better-suited to a man-blocking scheme rather than a zone scheme.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lamar Jackson is a gamer at CB, very physical man cover

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm ok with that if need be. you have to play the ball where it lies. really depends on who is out there when we pick. I do think CB is a bigger need then you think it is. not saying 1 person is wrong or not just saying. we could clear 14mil+ which is what it seems the most clowney is being offered. thats cutting winters, williamson, and bellamy. that's an easy trade off in my eyes. would you rather pay the 14mil to those 3 players? I like golden as well. he had a good year with the giants. way better then expected but that always worries me. curry is pretty meh i'd rather stick with luvu and willis at that point and see what they can do. don't forget edge will be a big need in next years draft and jenkins is likely gone in 2021. At least we all agree LT is the way to go for our 1st pick. it's a perfect draft to need one.

9. GasedAndConfused

I gave you 2 players very likely available in the 3rd who would fill in for Q and robby with their skill sets.

10. GasedAndConfused

if he wants to take a short deal thats fine as well. i wouldn't sign him to one personally i'd stick with luvu and willis and see if we can find a gem in the draft. is what it is. I'd give him 60 over 4 years though. that's about the max i'd offer. seems his top offers now is around 14mil. not likely next year teams offer him more then that

11. NCJetsfan

The Jets aren't looking for "fill ins." They're looking for the best players they can get. The two guys you mentioned aren't it.

12. GasedAndConfused

lol becuase you were so right on baker (eyeroll) lets not pretend either of us is 100% right on which prospects will turn out to be good and which aren't. every year "lesser WR prospects" outperform the "better prospects" the 2 I listed i feel will be good starters in the NFL. I could be wrong sure. the draft is a crapshoot. but you could be wrong as well and jeudy or lamb could be busts too. so lets cut the nonsense here

13. NCJetsfan

Yes, I could be wrong about the players. As you said, we all have been. My comment was less about that and more about the term you used "fill ins." I was responding to that. You used the term, mentioned those two players, and it sounded like you thought that fill-in level players were all the Jets needed at WR. I disagree. If you feel they will be good starters in the NFL fine. You could be right. You caused the confusion with your use of "fill ins."

14. GasedAndConfused

fill in as fill in that role (deep threat for one and the other as the tough YAC type of WR) nothing to do with talent level. you just took it the wrong way because you like to argue

15. NCJetsfan

ROFLOL No that's is the standard accepted understanding of what "fill in" means. If you had a clue, you'd know that. You're the one who likes to argue.

16. GasedAndConfused

no it's not. see your just always argumentative for 0 reason. u need a beer and to get laid so you can relax

fill in
    [fill in]
    DEFINITION
    1. act as a substitute for someone when they are unable to do their job.
      "my producer will have to have someone standing by to fill in for me"

nothing about the quality of the person.