Mock Drafts (Please post all mock drafts here)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 17, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Chad Reuter at NFL.com is either a complete moron, he hates the Jets, or he thinks Douglas is a moron. Following is his 4-round mock draft. It's the worst I've ever seen for the Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...20-nfl-mock-draft-six-trades-shake-up-round-1

Four-round 2020 NFL mock draft: Six trades shake up Round 1

• By Chad Reuter
    • Draft analyst
    • Published: March 26, 2020 at 04:14 p.m.

Round 1 - He has the Jets trading down with Atlanta to #16. For that, they get 3rd and 5th round picks. He has the Jets taking K'Laivon Chaisson - Edge. IMO that would be the worst possible thing Douglas could do aside from drafting another DT. To begin with, I don't think a 3rd and a 5th are enough for moving down in this draft. Douglas would be passing up Isaiah Simmons (ILB), CeeDee Lamb (WR), Jerry Jeudy (WR), and Jedrick Wills (WR) in that trade down, and then he would compound the damage by taking Chaisson instead of Justin Jefferson (WR), Austin Jackson (OT), C.J. Henderson (CB), Denzel Mims (WR), and Josh Jones (OT). I'd rather stay put at #11 and take Simmons than do that. I know Simmons is going to be a great player in the NFL. Chaisson could just as easily be a bust as be a good player, and I've seen no signs that he could be a great player. Passing up 3 OT prospects and 4 GREAT WR prospects would be inexcusable and unforgivable. If Douglas were to do that, I'd want him fired, if not fired upon.

Round 2 - He has Douglas doing the absurd taking Texas A&M DT Justin Madubuike. I know nothing about Madubuike. He may be a good prospect, but is totally not needed!!! I'd take any other prospect after him, but especially Chase Claypool (WR), Trevon Diggs (CB) ,Isaiah Wilson (OT), or Bryan Edwards (WR).

Round 3 - Jalen Reagor (WR) (pick 68). He finally has the Jets taking a WR, but he's a short WR better suited to the slot, and we have a slot WR in Crowder. I'd rather have had Matt Peart (OT) or J.K. Dobbins (RB). His next two picks (#s 78 & 79) are even worse...Antoine Winfield, Jr. (S) and Matt Bartch (OT) from St. Johns. Michael Pittman, Jr. was still on the board and wasn't taken until pick #96. Solomon Kindley (OG) was also still on the board and not taken until pick #98. I don't believe that either will last anywhere near that long in the draft, and both would have been BAP and the best need picks over the two stiffs he has the Jets taking. Ben Bredeson (OG) [pick #92] and Matt Hennesy (C) [pick #95] were still on the board as well. He has Jalen Hurts (QB) going at pick #102. Unbelievable how clueless Reuter is.

Round 4 - Raekwon Davis (DE) [pick #120] Yet another DL. Reuter obviously has done zero research on the Jets, and I'm starting to wonder if he's even done any research on the players. Reuter has Lucas Niang (OT) not going until pick #108 and Netane Muti (OG) not going until #109. Again, both would be light years better picks than Winfield and Bartch.

Reuter ought to be fired for this mock draft. It is simply so incompetent and bad, it's a joke. He does give his twitter address. It's enough to make me want to sign up to Twitter just to blast him and tell him what a clueless moron he is.

#261 NCJetsfan, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    NYJetsO12, K'OB and BomberJet like this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

this is a garbage mock. One I think he could get higher picks, but I would absolutely take Justin Jefferson or Austin Jackson. They should waste a pick on a guy who looks like Quiton Coples. The 2nd round pick is also a was we should still be addressing offense. WR/OL should be the top need. No d lineman. From there it just spirals to garbage.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I think we did well on the offensive line in free agency. No need for overkill. We need depth at safety (especially after the signee bolted), We need quality WR not just roster fillers. Possibly another runningback as Bell is flaky and Montgomery and Powell aren't coming back. Edge rusher is also needed. That is why I labeled that a Maccagnan type draft taking BPA available but never addressing weaknesses or improving the offense with quality impact players.

4. boozer32

Yeah your right this is awful and would put Douglas in the crosshairs of Gase again.

5. NCJetsfan

We're not going to be able to fill all our holes needs in one drat, and we're not going to get an elite edge rusher this year. You might as well forget about that. I want better WRs, but something has to give. The OL is not set by any means. Having the greatest WR corps in the NFL will mean nothing if Sam gets injured or is running for his life on every play. We can get a good RB in the 4th or 5th round. The RB in that mock is very good. Just because you don't know him doesn't mean that he isn't good. We do not need depth at S. It certainly isn't more important than fixing the OL and adding WRs. We can always re-sign Rontez Miles for depth at S.

6. boozer32

I also hope they don't take an offensive lineman @11. Once again this is a league designed and made for scoring. Get some playmakers for Darnold. No offensive lineman or CB is going to get into the endzone on the regular. Taking a tackle means Darnold will be standing upright with no one to throw to.
    Of course, the Jets won't fill everything nobody thinks they are close to competing. But that does not stop a GM from addressing the most glaring needs and I think he has done it in free agency. Maye has been banged up for the last year and Adams plays a very physical game. We still have a long way to go pro days, the draft, training camp cuts and the season if there will even be one this year. I'm hoping Douglas can get the Jets were they need to be and all right now is just the fans speculation. He and his team have an entirely different game plan that doesn't include us. We got one WR coming off a banner year and still was allowed to hit the streets. So we went from a known commodity (regardless of people's opinion of him good or bad) to the unknown at a critical position. I just don't think an OT at 11 will be the fix for this offense. That guy you thought you knew and wanted in the 3rd round he might be going in the first round. That's fine by me not a fan of Ohio State players anyway.

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I vowed to never look at another mock of his after this abomination.

K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Taking a tackle means no such thing. You're really being ridiculous!

Maye was not banged up this past season. He started and played in all 16 games. We have depth for him. The Jets have Mathias Farley and Bennett Jackson as depth and there's also Anthony Cioffi. I'm sure that Douglas isn't through. I expect him to sign a cut or two following the draft, and probably towards the end of and following training camp.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. boozer32

Your right about Maye. It was 2018 where he played only 6 games. I like what Doulas did in free agency and I'm excited for the draft to see how he shapes the Jets going forward. If we can have any resemblance to the Raven's blueprint of always reloading and competing every year that would be the best thing.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

11. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I personally don't think that Chaisson is 1st round material at all.
    I have no idea how they think that Antoine Winfield Jr. is lasting to the middle of round 3.
    And if we take a DT w/the 48th overall pick, - i might very well jump out a window.

Those are my thoughts.

K'OB likes this.
  12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Chad Reuter was black out drunk ham fisting his key board when he created this mock.

themorey and K'OB like this.
  13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This would be beyond disastrous. I’m in favor of using all 4 1st 3 round picks on offense and this guy is using 3 of them on defense? Not even to mention a DT and safety. How does this guy have a job?

Also only getting a 3rd to drop from 11 to 17 seems awfully light.

Brook! likes this.
  14. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

This is absolutely garbage. We have no need at dt or safety. We have some of the best runs stoppers at dt you could ask for and our safety are good if not great. Chiasson could very well be the next Gholston and Reagor the next Devin Smith. And we don't even go for a tackle till the 4th.

....... sounds like a jets draft to me..

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

I've already posted and discussed this mock in the mock draft thread. This is the worst mock draft I have ever seen for the Jets. If this is Douglas' draft, I'll want him fired immediately following the draft. Please look in the mock draft thread for my further comments.

Moderators, please merge this thread into mine. Thanks.

Brook! and K'OB like this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Sorry pal, I thought the mock draft thread was for ones our own posters had been making, suitably scolded :oops:

17. NCJetsfan

No sweat, my friend. I wasn't upset, was just pointing out that we had a thread for this. I understand the confusion. Cheers!

18. boozer32

Douglas would need to leave town with Gase if this is his draft. Dobbins is a midget.

19. NCJetsfan

That mock was from mid-December. Austin Jackson would be a bad pick imo, but not Dobbins. Dobbins is a very good RB and receiver, but I don't think Douglas will be looking to take a RB in the 2nd round, so I'm not worried about him being the pick in the 2nd. I doubt if Harris is on their board now that they have McGovern. Weaver could be a good pick at the bottom of the 3rd. Your point stands however, that this would NOT be a good draft.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

CBS Sports is doing a live mock draft with different sports writers acting as team GMs

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow, QB
    2. Redskins - Tua Tagavailoa, QB
    3. Lions - Chase Young, Edge
    4. Giants - Andrew Thomas, OT
    5.Dolphins - Isaiah Simmons, LB
    6. Chargers - Justin Herbert, QB
    7. Panthers - traded down with the Bucs, the Bucs take Jedrick Wills, OT
    8. Cardinals - Tristan Wirfs, OT
    9. Jaguars - Derek Brown, DT
    10. Browns - Mekhi Becton, OT
    11. Jets* - traded down with the Dolphins - The Jets get picks #18, #56, #153 & #154 - The Dolphins took Jordan Love, QB
    12. Raiders - Cee Dee Lamb, WR
    13. Niners - Jerry Jeudy, WR
    14. Bucs traded up with the Panthers - the Panthers take Jeff Okudah, CB
    15. Broncos - Henry Ruggs, WR
    16. Falcons - CJ Henderson, CB
    17. Cowboys - Trevon Diggs, CB
    18. Dolphins - traded up with the Jets, the Jets take Josh Jones
    19. Raiders - Javon Kinlaw, DT
    20. Jaguars - Ezra Cleveland, OT
    21. Eagles - K'Lavon Chaisson, Edge
    22. Vikings - Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge
    23. Patriots - Kenneth Murray, LB
    24. Saints - Patrick Queen, LB
    25. Vikings - A.J. Terrell, CB
    26. Dolphins - Cesar Ruiz, C/OG
    27. Seahawks - A.J. Epenesa, Edge
    28. Ravens - Denzel Mims, WR
    29. Titans - Kristian Fulton, CB
    30. Packers - Justin Jefferson, WR
    31. Niners - Jeff Gladney, CB
    32. Chiefs - D'Andre Swift, RB

* I understand this trade down to get Josh Jones. If they didn't get him, aside from Ezra Cleveland, there were no more LT prospects (after reading more on Wanogho and watching more film, I have cooled on him) worth taking. That said, a 2nd round pick and two 5ths is not nearly enough to miss out on Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, and even Okudah, although I wouldn't have taken him unless all 4 top OTs and top 3 WRs were gone, and no good trade down was there.

J-Raw24 likes this.