The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ah QB hits, as if we didn't trade LW because his impact just wasn't enough on the field.

2. 101GangGreen101

Jets already have a great run defense. I am not saying I don't want Clowney on this roster but money talks man, money talks.

We need an EDGE rusher that can finish plays on a consistent basis. His pressure to sack ratio was not great.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't believe in paying *anybody* at the level he apparently is asking to get paid. To me his career to this point screams Calvin Pace, a good but not great player who will never be a hole but will rarely take over a game, albeit I think he's more flashy and Pace was more steady. I get that he was seen as a great player coming out of college and was the #1 pick the year he came out. I just don't see anything that suggests he has been that level of talent in the NFL. He's been a good player on some not so good teams.

He's exactly the kind of player you want to avoid giving out a huge deal to in free agency. If he was a leading sacker every year he wouldn't be on the market right now. Instead he's a guy who does enough to get noticed but never peaks out with a season that puts him clearly in the superstar edge range.

I can't believe anybody is talking about giving a guy who has never had a double-digits sack season a record-breaking contract. That's so limiting in terms of the Jets potential moving forward.

4. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Agreed

As a point of comparison, Khalil Mack is absolute dynamite. Yet many people are now wondering if Bears paid too much

Don't get hypnotized by the player; it all comes down to value (performance/price)

Also unlike basketball, where a Lebron or Giannis can single handedly take over a game, this is a team sport and why we love it so much. When superstar, high priced CBs were the rage, Bill Billicheck would run out four good, not great receivers. Revis couldn't cover them all

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Bears definitely paid too much. Mack's presence cost them a couple of great young prospects and the cap space to build a strong deep roster. I guess they thought with Trubisky they had to go all-in to get over the top but then Trubisky turned out not to be so good and they just spun the treadmill faster for a couple of years.

The NFL is a marathon. Trying to run a sprint in the middle of a marathon just tires you out and makes you finish further behind than you would have otherwise.

6. 101GangGreen101

I think the Bears main problem is they chose the wrong QB. If they had Watson they probably would've had better postseason success in 2018. Maybe they make the playoffs the next year.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Same shit different day, you really do become the biggest cunt on here during spring, is there anybody on here that you haven't argued with and called a tool or a liar this last week?

It really is a weird social phenomenon.

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If Douglas drafts well, fans will become conditioned to not wanting every shiny toy who's available in FA and the trade market.

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Maybe it would be. But not much use when the other team pass it on second and third down and move the chains each time. The greatest run D of all time doesn't help a below average pass rush that can only get pressure with blitzes or when the CBs manage to cover their receivers for 5 or 6 seconds. The biggest weakness on the D is the lack of a pass rush on obvious passing downs. Does the greatest run D of all time help that?

blackssmagic and K'OB like this.
  10. K'OB

I fear you are asking for a dissertation in the greatest D's of all time.

Take cover :eek:

11. 101GangGreen101

Maybe just maybe we can play the comp game like all of the other good teams!

K'OB likes this.
  12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dude why Brook or cman hasnt banned this asshole yet is beyond me. The entire fucking board is filled with his garbage. I cant even post here any more. Its an embarrassment....fuck this place

stinkyB, K'OB, BroadwayAaron and 2 others like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It's much easier when you just don't read anything he writes and take it as a form of entertainment, which we could all use right now. But I do agree... no effing clue how this guy is still allowed here.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. K'OB

It isn't even the long posts that are the problem, just the fact he is RIGHT all the time about everything, no discussion required, dare to disagree and you get another 10 pager with all the stuff he has already said a million times before and key points bolded and sized to hurt the eyes.

I caught him out yesterday and he just rode right through like he hadn't made a massive cunt of himself by claiming something that didn't happen, whilst he would and has called others
    LIARS!!! or TOOLS!!!

Of course, I have thrown in some things for piss-taking but yeah every spring he has to be reigned back by @Brook! and he has already issued him with one warning and in his reply to that he rattled on like it hadn't happened at all :rolleyes:

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

for me I htink the worst part is the repetition. He posts the same shit multiple times in multiple threads. Hes like NC on steroids

Dierking and K'OB like this.
  16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

C'mon Bro... he was a HIGH SCHOOL ALL AMERICAN 10 years ago!

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I think we have given him enough chances to correct his act. Will bench him for a week so he doesn't miss out on Draft. If when he comes back he continues his schtick it will be a lengthy ban.

I don't want to lose people but apparently I was wrong for not banning him in the first place.

dawinner127 and KWJetsFan like this.
  18. K'OB

A ban always seems so harsh but yeah warnings never seem to bother him in the slightest :rolleyes:

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yep. I think he is not a bad person. Likes to talk football. 1 week is a short time. He will be here in no time. I hope he understands why people keep reporting him.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don't even care that he keeps posting the same shit over and over and over because it's very easy to ignore, I care that for the people that are actually engaging with him... they can't make a point without being called a tool or clueless.