Robby Anderson signs w/ Panthers

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Darrelle24Revis, Mar 24, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

He'd rather Gamble on himself because the salary cap will continue to increase and with two solid years in Carolina the next time he signs will be for a lot more than $10M per year.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He’s fucking insane if he turned that down

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I tried to get one last season, man, I would have been pissed off now. :eek:

4. K'OB

That has really pissed me off tbh fuck him, next.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, even if that offer is real, we’d have to know how much is guaranteed before truly calling balls and strikes on it.

6. K'OB

Well, he has gone so it doesn't really matter tbh I am not like DWC and going to rattle on about a player who has fucked off, I hope he does well but by that measure, I hope he falls flat on his arse when/if he plays the Jets.

Life is like that :D

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

So we offered Robbie 4 yr, $40m? That would be a FANTASTIC long term deal ANY walkon should be thrilled to get.

But instead, Robbie jumped at lesser 2 yr, $20m BUT with $12m in yr 1. If you've ever seen Robbie try and complete a single sentence in the English language, you would know Robbie heard $12m yr 1 and started shaking his head up and down like a happy puppy. He coulda been offered a 10yr, $20m with $12m first yr and he'd sprain his arm reaching for the pen.

I wish Robbie wasn't such and idiot. If he had a better personality (more Chrebet like and less Santonio like) he coulda been embraced by the fans in a BIG way. A true homegrown hero who went from a 98 pound walkon (who looked like a #2 pencil wearing a helmet that NO ONE thought would survive TC) to a Wesley Walker deep ball, game winning super hero.

I loved his game and I thought he had AMAZING hands. Yes, his body frame would always be a limitation, but some of those grabs, holy fuck. When some friends on here claimed Robbie was a scrub that wouldn't be worth $6m, I suggested if we let him get to FA he'd be a top WR and would probably get $12-$14M. If not for the WR rich draft in 4 weeks, he'd probably have been offered closer to $15.

I wish Robbie luck in his now hometown. Beneath all his unintelligible bluster he's probably a good kid with a chip on his shoulder.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

What was it lol?

10. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I agree with this and was going to post this suspicion when I got to the end of reading this thread. I've watched enough of Robby Sabo's video's over the last couple years where he harps on how Robby is a poor/undisciplined route runner and Gase has even taken a few semi-shots at that in press conferences. I think maybe its nuanced stuff that doesn't jump out at fans watching the game but behind closed doors is a bigger problem than maybe we think/realize.

I'm thinking yeah... probably more to do with that than arrest records, money for contract, and articulate post game interviews.

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

RA says that was fake news, no offer like that was on the table.. lol

12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I should have taken a screenshot. Robby tweeted that the 4yr/40mn offer from the Jets was “fake news”

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He was holding out for a call from NASA..... I saw it on the twittahs!

14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the coronavirus had anything to do with it. Some people are looking to get out of here.

It wouldn't surprise me.

It sucks losing him but he's gone now. He has his reasons.

Time to move on.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I don't think it's as big a loss as other believe. He wasn't that productive

So he's going to a place with McCaffrey, the guy who touches the ball practically every down. Let's see him put up great numbers

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It's a big loss for the Jets but I think Robby picked wrong.

Carolina is a team in transition with what looks like a shaky QB situation and a rookie HC. Bad choice by him JMO.

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I agreed with bad decision. I think it was too

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

19. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Member

I think Anderson wanted a payday and a change of scenery. I don't think Anderson picking the Panthers over the Jets was a reflection on how Anderson feels about Darnold, who looks solid. I don't think it's about the job JD is doing in free agency this year rebuilding this roster which also looks solid. I think the Jets will put a better roster on the field this season. I think this most likely reflects on the atmosphere Gase has created in the locker room which could best be described as toxic at different stretches last season. I wouldn't want to play for Gase after he repeatedly threw the entire team under the bus last year after their rocky start. I think this will be Gase's last year.

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter