The AFC East is now wide open.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Wow is this in block code?

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

I just don't understand how a Jets fan could possibly be jealous of a Buffalo Bills Franchise.

Who have not won a single playoff game in over 23 years now and has an inaccurate quarterback (his accuracy is a disaster) who's more of a glorified runner than an actual quarterback while coming off a laughing stock joke of a putrid playoff performance.

Wake me up when the Bills win a playoff game or Belichick ever wins a SB without Tom Brady because until then our AFC East Division is wide open and ripe for the picking for the first time in yes, 20 years.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

well after 2 years Allen resume up there in Bflo looks better then Sams does in NJ right? :mad:

4. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

Neither have lit the league up - and im by no means looking for a fight. Like i said, i like you guys and appreciate youve always been cool to me. DWC's hatred is just odd to me. A) national pundits seem to have come around on Allen and since its a what have you done for me lately league - many at this moment are actually a bit higher on Allen bc its thought that Darnold has a Gase problem that hopefully he can overcome or at least outlast. The pure vitriol and spite simply makes me think its not an objective take bc its too clouded. That type of thing happens, like in CLE where LJ looked better than Baker. They hate him w a passion and believe its a passing fan rather than giving respect where its due. Its just an outdated viewpoint even getting past the hate and its just not based in reality.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Don't take DWC's comments seriously, we don't.

As for your team, I would say you're in a strong position to knock off N.E., but even without Brady, they're still the favorites. I agree that your GM/CS have done a great job in building a strong team, although I think Allen is a weak link. He'll be what I thought he'd be when I saw him in college - a "poor man's Big Ben"...not as good, but capable of winning a SB if there's enough talent and the right coaching. I don't think you guys have quite enough talent in that regard, but you're getting there.

I'm very hopeful that with Douglas we finally have a guy who knows how to build a sustainable winner, but I retain serious doubts about Gase. I don't think he's a SB-caliber HC, but would be happy to be proved wrong. My worst fear is that we improve the talent enough so that we get to around .500 (or better), thus cementing Gase's tenure here, but that will doom us to mediocrity and set us back more years. This upcoming season should tell us a lot.

Billsfan1212 likes this.
  6. Billsfan1212

I think Douglas has you guys headed in the right direction for the 1st time in a long time. Everyone loves big name splashes in FA, but its the depth and finding good players to play a role and building from within and the draft that seems to be the path to success. The Bills got lucky during their 'tank' year, backed into the playoffs, and it almost screwed things up big picture. The jets did this year what the Bills did last year in getting a bunch of guys to try and infuse some cohesive play into the OL. Good moves there.
    Hopefully Diggs allows Allen some breathing room as a passer. He will be able to track deep balls better than Brown, and at the same time open the field up. Brown and Beez are the best WR he has EVER played with up until now, so itll be fun for Bills fans to see what hes capable of. We also have Jordan Palmer in common. Palmer has saod what he likes about allen (obv always speaks positively about all his guys) is that when he sets out to imrpove somethomg specific - he always does. We saw an excellent example of this 1st hand last yr w mechanics and despite a false narrative from people who dont actly watch - allen was deadly accurate between 10-20 yrds. Sure He floata or airmails one of occasion everyone likes to pick on but most qbs do. Again, that uphill battle. I think what made him attractive to the Bills was his arm. He was the guy they wanted all along and an insider pic of a white board was leaked to prove this. Hell, i wanted darnold or rosen. Ive eaten my words as hes fun as hell to watch and has totally won me over. As i pointed out earlier, he was WELL behind the other guys in the 18 draft with everything experience wise. They saw a kid w a ton of raw talent who said and did the right things and up until this point has actly shown the ability to work and improve.
    He hasnt lit it up against the jets in his 2 games thus far, but I can always tell whos watched him and who hasnt. Stats dont tell his story. He is a BLAST to watch. Super entertaining, and seems pretty clutch w a handfull of game winning drives already. Now, ifs and buts candy/nuts yada yada yada, but if has his long ball from his rookie year (ironically the only thing he had that yr) last year, he is MUCH closer to a well rounded qb. Guys like Baldinger and Simms LOVE this kid and who knows what the future holds - but this will be a big year and someone will be proven right/wrong.

The Pats are still the team to beat, and w a bunch of excellent under the radar adds this offseason + Diggs the Bills have positioned themselves to make a play. Its put up or shut up time for Allen. Only time will tell, but as much as i like Darnold theres no one else in that draft id rather roll w than Allen.

Back to the Jets, i found it interesting how many on here seemed to hold Anderson in such high esteem. As i said before, i kinda think of him like Brown where he can act as a #1 in a pinch, but he isnt that X wr and ideally is the perfect #2. It seemed like it was important to you guys to bring him back. Then he leaves and all of a sudden people are happy about it saying he wasnt a fit. I get that fans adjust and no one wants to feel rejected, but if this is the last year of gase before shizt gets real so to speak, then maybe its best to get Lamb or Judy and let him find his way for a year and then bring in that solid #2.
    Ive said many times, id love to see allen and sam go at it for 10 yrs and have a great even rivalry. Maybe gase does a 180, but if i was a jets fan id feel like this was a treading water year to jettison those who arent all in and then go get a younger bright mind to steer the ship and really build something.

#206 Billsfan1212, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

DWC is literally destroying this entire board. What the fuck already

bigbucks24, joe and Dierking like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I can't comment on much beyond Allen since he's the only one I've watched play in any real detail, and even there, I only saw him play against the Jets. As I said, I think he's good enough to win a SB because he does have a great arm and an ability to make some great plays, but he's not consistent, as evidenced by his completion %, and that doesn't usually improve much in the pros. But, give him the right supporting cast and he can win a SB. It's good that you and the rest of the Bills fans like him because it's always better when you believe in your QB.

As for Robby, I was always lukewarm about him, and never thought he was worth anywhere near the money he was asking for. In my mind, even on the Jets who had so little WR talent, he was at best a #2, but on any decent team he's a #3, and maybe even a #4 based on what he showed while he was here. His production can easily be replaced for less, and it appears as though Douglas has done just that. I'm not at all sorry that he's gone.

As for Gase, I accept that he's here for now, and realistically, probably will be here longer before he proves to the Johnsons and Douglas that he's really not a good HC. As I said, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. The things I saw in him this past season - even factoring in all the injuries and a deficit of good talent - coupled with what he showed in Miami, proves to me that he just doesn't have what it takes to manage an entire team. Even now, he's delegated the entire defense and ST to other coaches and he's focused only on the "O" and he still couldn't figure out how to utilize a talent like Bell. He may not be the worst HC I've ever seen, but he's definitely not good enough to win a SB either.

9. elway-TO-ALLEN17

elway-TO-ALLEN17 New Member

I wouldn't call it jealousy but annoyed because buffalo has done everything right, and the jets failed to protect darnold ( who I really like)...

If the jets draft oline early and continue to build there and and another deep threat at wr they are going to be very competitive. Bill's fans need to be reasonable and admit the ridiculous bad luck the jets had last year with injuries and compounding tht with maccagnan and his incompetence. The jets will be totally different this year.

I see them taking OT rd 1 we rd2 and they will challenge buffalo...

10. Billsfan1212

Adams getting some love!!
    Allen getting some love!!
    Parker gettung some love?!
    Fair enough, good listen.
    Agree or disagree, this seems to be more inline w/75% of the national pundits narrative on him now.
    Still guys who dislike him from the draft who just cant fathom they might be wrong, but most people are at least fair about it.
    Darnold will get more love once we get going here imo.
    A line will help tremendously

#210 Billsfan1212, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Pats had the No. 1 Defense wins championships in the NFL last year in both points allowed and yards allowed.

12. Billsfan1212

So, it pops up from time to time... but wldnt it be nuts if somehow Rosen ended up as the Pats reclamation project?

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .TampaDWC...NCfan..... out of state, out of mind. . .

. ."I, I, I, agree . . I, I, I, disagree.....I, I, I...."

The only divisional game the Jets won last year was because of a referee's totally bullshit pass interference call 'gift' after failing on a 4th and 16 with less than 50 seconds to go. They also lost to an 0-7 Miami team. And it was New England's defense (read: Bill Belichick, not Tom Brady) that had Darnold "seeing ghosts.'

7-1 is realistically retarded.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'll take the under on genius.

Dierking likes this.
  15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That wouldn’t make me happy at all

16. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

since i am in upstate new york, it is fair to say that the bills are doing the same thing the jets and fins are, except they are a year or two ahead of the jets and 3 years ahead of the fins.
    that is due to getting your GM before us, and your HC seems way ahead of gase, plus your OC is ahead of him as well.
    so, even if we split the 2 games, it is up to all 3 teams to hang a lot more losses on the patriots.
    i used to think, back in the 90's, that ralph was nuts when he complained about monkey business anytime you played in foxborough'
    not only was he right, but history shows they were even bold enough to cheat on the road.
    they just couldn't monkey around with the clock, footballs, bugging locker rooms, going through trash bins , etc.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

3 things about last night. Douglas took OL in the first round. You can argue who we should have taken but it's the safe, smart and right thing to do from a pure football standpoint. You can't lose at the point of attack and be a good football team. It looks like we took a guy who has the potential to win the point of attack for a long time.

Miami had a very big night. If Tau is healthy, they got the best player in the draft and their other picks were solid. Tau might be the best QB in the division for a long time. I like Sam but Tau's accuracy is insane and if it wasn't for the injuries he's the best player in this draft.

I think NE was a little too cute. Jordan Love in a year or two has the potential to be a great QB. As much as I didn't like Mike McCarthy, he has to be smiling a little today. Rodgers was just put on notice. I think NE made a mistake.

18. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I loved Miami’s first two picks, thought they were great. I do not understand the third pick at all. Not a fan of that one when they have so many holes.

I had the Jets taking a tackle, but only because I had Jeudy off the board already. Kind of surprising to me they took a tackle over Jeudy, especially one with weight and character concerns. Darnold is good at getting the ball out quick. I think there were tackles to be had in the 2nd with a stud WR like Jeudy on the board.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I actually think he's a good pick at 30. He might be a better value pick at 30 than Jackson at 18. TBD...

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I too like the Jets pick. We definitely need to build up the OL and give Sam protection. Get some WR's tonight as Darnold needs some weapons and I will consider JD's first draft a success (at least on paper). Just hope it carries over onto the field.

Tua is a nice pick for the Fins if he stays healthy. I thought that hip injury he suffered was similar to Bo Jackson. This division in 2020 will be between the Bills and Pats but the Jets and Fins had a good 1st Rd. As for the Jets I still think 2021 is the year we can make noise in the division if JD is successful. I also think Gase should be fired from a cannon into the Hudson river but that is another story.

CotcheryFan likes this.