Jets sign Breshad Perriman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 24, 2020.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

So if you think about it, how many players are out there on deals under $1mm per season? There are 32 teams with (more right now) 53 players, meaning there are 1,696+ active contracts. 35% of that is nearly 600 players. The average FA will fall in that group of 600, so I doubt it will actually change anything.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Normal people would have deleted the whole post after making a cunt of themselves, not you though.
    :rolleyes:

jonnyd and ConcordeChops like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

TBF, Robby was only a half-year wonder.

SOJAZ and boozer32 like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks for the correction/clarification. I'm glad that you didn't try to answer while driving!

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

because robby was a good WR2. starting quality. perrimen is a depth guy only. not starting material. we really don't have 1 starting quality WR right now. I'm expecting us to draft a couple. Q likely is done playing football. crowder is a good slot guy. everyone else is just bodies/depth.

6. GasedAndConfused

not to mention TB had godwin and evans getting all the attention and double teams.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Perriman put up beast numbers without Evans and/or Godwin playing.

5 for 113 and 3 TD without Evans
    7 for 102 without both
    5 for 134 and a TD without both

Falco21 likes this.
  8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I think this acquisition is a marvelous. I am not going to get into who is better but I will say there were quite a few times where RA would disappear for long periods of a game. The sheer fact that Mr. P seems to have better hands which is enough for me... but to get him cheaper with essentially the same attributes well how can anyone complain.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Perriman is not starting material? Wtf are you talking about? LOL

You do realize he started with 2 other elite receivers in this league and when they both went down, he put up some of the best numbers in the NFL in that 5 game stretch? He was a starter in a receiving squad with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.

And we really don't have 1 starting WR right now? But then you proceed to say Crowder is a good slot guy. You do realize Crowder is a starter and a very good WR in this league.

This post was even more ridiculous than your original comment that I responded to

jonnyd, Chappy13, SOJAZ and 1 other person like this.
  10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Evans and Godwin had all the double teams. So teams were double teaming two wide receivers at the same time, while leaving Perriman wide open. Got it.

Evans and Godwin combined for over 150 receptions. A lot of double teams happening.

And let's also ignore the fact that Perriman had his best games when both of those guys were out on injuries and he was the #1 WR. I guess teams continued to just not defend him?

SOJAZ and CotcheryFan like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

i get being optimistic. it's hard to judge him on stats alone because he's not a starter and never really has been. but a former 1st round bust who couldn't land a starting job doesn't sit right with me. rarely if ever works out. even stephen hill had a good game here and there.

12. GasedAndConfused

he's started 10 games in 4 seasons. he's an injury risk. a 1st round bust who the ravens let walk and lasted only 1 season with cleveland and 1 season with TB. clearly nobody was impressed by him.

and crowder is a really good WR3 and slot guy but not starting material. I like crowder a lot and what he brings to the table but lets not try and pretend out WR group isn't garbage

13. GasedAndConfused

one small stretch over 5 years. come on

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Crowder had more receptions, yards, and TD's than Robby last year. If the former isn't starting material, the latter certainly isn't. Neither should be the top WR option for a team. Same goes for Perriman.

15. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Did you watch Perriman end of last year? Dude has taken strides.

16. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

3 WR in Gases offense. Crowder is obviously a starter in the NFL.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

How do you know he has better hands than Robby? How many full games have you (honestly) seen him play?

I'm happy with Perriman but better hands Than Robby? Horse crap...

Have you not real the stories how he can not catch the football in the cold efficiency??? He's struggled with more dropped footballs than Robby Anderson ever has.

Where do you people come up with this nonsense crap? Better hands than Anderson? Hah. Never.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

But yet you were one of the main one's trashing Robby Anderson while a FA and now you're trashing his replacement galore what a tool.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

To be fair he was a backup rotational WR. Exactly what Robbie Anderson would have been on TB last year.

It would be nice if we actually drafted a good WR and Perriman was exactly what he was last year and Robbie should have been last year if the Jets had quality WR.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He played tackle at USC but he's light for an offensive tackle. I'm not big on converting players but going from tackle to guard might benefit him. The greatest Jets conversion was Dan Alexander. Drafted as a defensive lineman and converted to guard. Played solid for 10 years.

J-Raw24 likes this.