Jordan Jenkins will be back with the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 23, 2020.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Clowney reminds me of when Charles Woodson was a FA. Woodson was "a bust", "living off his college reputation." Woodson had "work ethic issues", "injury issues". Recency bias- "he didn't do anything the last year in Oakland". "Not worth what is he asking for" yada yada yada we heard it all, everyone was an expert

Green Bay was his only offer. They recognized you pay a guy for his potential, not for rewarding him for what he did in another city. Woodson- 7 years in GB, 4 pro-bowls, defensive player of the year and a super bowl title. could see Clowney's career taking a similar path

--
    but we got Jordan Jenkins, that's cute and fun :rolleyes:

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So do you know what I mean now? Jenkins is a good serviceable player, but Clowney is 10x more athletic, is a freaking monster, but he's not a great pass-rusher, thats why I said he's a GLORIFIED Jenkins. He does the same things Jenkins does but at a much higher level / slightly better productivity in terms of overall pressures. Is he an overrated prospect? Absolutely, the guy was heralded as the next big thing coming into the NFL. But am I really putting him down? Not really, he's a VERY good player.

FJF and PJ4Ever like this.
  3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Dude sorry you’re making it sound like you don’t even watch football. Sorry.

4. PJ4Ever

You do realize Joe Douglas has never drafted a player for the Jets? What are you even talking about?

5. PJ4Ever

I agree with this.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

With the GMs and HCs we've had, I disagree. It would still be true.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

You do not even watch more than 2-3 Jet games at most (per season) so I highly doubt you know if it'll be true or not; as you have no idea how our players play on the field because you don't even bother watching them play.

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Stating the obvious there. What are you talking about?

9. boozer32

I watch more than you do. You think Clowney is good. Says all I need to know about your logic.

10. boozer32

Yeah but by the time Moss got to the Patriots he was on his way out. Clowney is still in his 20's. His time in Oakland wasn't that good either. New England is known for elevating free agents games. Sometimes you don't hear the full story on why guys are not resigned and also there is the cap issue and that was the main reason the Jets got Martin. Tanny put major poison pills in that contract that NE did not want to match. Plus Parcells drafted Martin knew his character and heart.

11. PJ4Ever

Dude you said Clowney was a bad run defender. Probably the most inaccurate statement I’ve EVER read on a football forum, no joke.

12. boozer32

J-Raw24 and Jets69 like this.
  13. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I still don't get the fascination. I think we haven't had a good pass rusher in so long some people are trying to find diamonds in turds. Clowney isn't a good pass rusher. We need a good home grown talent.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Here's a sleeper Edge prospect who could be available in round 5-7.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Looks good. Of course what level of competition has he faced?

Here's an overview and analysis I found on him:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/derrek-tuszka?id=32195455-5341-5291-bd94-f042de383126

There are some real question marks as to whether he can make the transition to the NFL unless he quickly learns some new techniques to counter his shortcomings, BUT...I like the"high motor" aspect which I think can be a difference-maker for him, as it has for a lot of pros, and also seems like a Douglas kind of guy. I'd take him with a late pick if he's there.

16. boozer32

Dude has some get off I would take him with one of the two 3's we have. The level of competition is the only question. Reminds me of Kevin Greene.

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

For the record, I'd prefer to address Edge no later than round 4 and get a Curtis Weaver, Khalid Kareem, or Alton Robinson. Those 3 could become solid pass rushers in the NFL with an outside shot of becoming elite. Maxx Crosby was a 4th rounder who has 10 sacks in year 1, so can happen.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Sign me up for him.

19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'd take a flyer on him in the later rounds but this guy has ZERO bend for an edge rusher. He is purely technical, which isn't always a bad thing. It's hard to project kids like this though. Especially when they are from a small school, playing against below average competition.

ColoradoContrails and Jets69 like this.
  20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Worth a look with a late pick but always hard to judge on highlights, some of those OL's were even worse than ours.

ColoradoContrails likes this.