Robby Anderson signs w/ Panthers

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Darrelle24Revis, Mar 24, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

2. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Eating it up and one guy pointed out it’s not Teddys game the long ball. We will see how this works out, but for us it was an easy decision.

papapump and FJF like this.
  3. K'OB

Because it is the "he has signed with another team" thread you dumb arse, do you really need everything explained to you over and over again?

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with expensive as far as I know. Carolina is rebuilding and supposedly tanking. It made no sense to keep Cam with a bunch of young players. They even traded Kyle Allen who started most of their games last season, and signed a QB from the XFL who played for Rhule at Temple.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i think this has more to do with Robbie as a rectthan the money. Gase wants polished route runners. Robbie just wasn’t the right fit. Fans should be happy, yea the corp looks weaker but no more square pegs /round holes. Coach and gm seeing eye to eye is a good thing.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Wrong. It's because he was the very best available WR on the market and one of the top one's heading into FA to begin, you arse.

It's not like they just signed a no name JAG; they just landed one of the best NFL deep threats within the game today. Something for any fan base to become excited about.

And one of my favorite Jet WR's#19 in Keyshawn Johnson mentioned it'll become a huge mistake to allow Robby Anderson to test the FA market (which it was/is) and I'll take his advice over someone's advice such as yourself (along with my own eyes).

Carolina is excited and rightfully so as I do not see any Jet signings getting over 10+ pages worth of responses within under an hour or two around here... lol.

Carolina is more excited over Anderson than Jet fans are over any one FA addition thus far.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Oy. I really hate this board sometimes

8. K'OB

[​IMG]

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

that’s fine to have that and Darnold is quite accurate IMO but you need guys to open up the field. If we don’t have a vertical threat, guys can sit on the short routes and that wouldn’t help Sam at all. It’s why losing Robby sucks BUT if you can bring in a speedster who can stretch the field ala Perriman, then by all means go for it. The WR corps won’t make or break with Robby not being here, it was more of the familiarity.

10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Robby could do well in that system down there as he's got better receiving talent around him in McCaffrey, Moore and Samuel. That'll free him up quite often. Looking at their roster Carolina may surprise next year. Made some nice additions. That division is going to be stacked.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Can we also move this thread into the NFL forum, as was my Robby Anderson thread... As he's no longer a Jet anymore but instead a Carolina Panther. Thnx.

Falco21 likes this.
  12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Fuckin shortest post of your life.

Love it!

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see if Robby can turn into a solid No. 2 with talent around him and a solid QB.
    I'm way more excited about Fant and don't care at all that Robbie's gone. That's just me. I feel for you. I cried when Namath was traded to the Rams. Chin up and set the bar higher next time.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

That's a two sided coin. There will also be other people open for the QB to throw the ball too. They might even be where they're supposed to be.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You can be a speedster and still run good routes. Yea I can see the dance with the devil you know but at some point you have to just say this isn’t a fit and not waste the money.

#95 FJF, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Itgonabe wat itgonbe - Robby Anderson

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

And yet he ended up with more yards than Robby. Look, Robby had been a starter/got major PT for three years and never got 1000 yards once. Last season not even 800. I think we know what type of production we can expect and that is not worth tying up 12 mil next year. Good for him for getting this money, but I prefer Jets to save 12 mil and get a true #1 guy good for 1000+ yards every season. Or spend money elsewhere and get a WR in 2nd/3d round (maybe even 1st depending on how it unfolds), who will probably produce same 750 yards Robbie did or more.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Now that was FAST lol !!! [​IMG]

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And just like that, Anderson is forgotten haha

Enter my dawg Perriman!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Sure there will be. He may not get as many touches but he's setup to be pretty productive with the looks he gets.