The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Unknown QB? Teddy Bridgewater is the Panthers' new starting QB. Otherwise, I agree. Robby will be the 3rd option in Carolina. I think that could be better for him, because I truly think he would have been the #4 option with the Jets.

2. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I agree, we're not. We do have over the middle/possession types currently though. That said, I'd really like to add a field stretch guy like Perriman or a big outside guy like Funchess. Then get the OT at 11 and in round 2 target Reagor, Sheanualt and I love Gandy-Golden (reminds me of BMarsh).

3. NCJetsfan

I disagree that Ruggs will be in consideration at #11. I think that both Jeudy and Lamb will make a seamless easy transition to the NFL unless they go someplace where they're not a good fit or the offense is too complex or something.

4. NyTitans

NyTitans New Member

#4 option?!?! Behind who???

Imagesrdecieving and fdcnyc like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Behind the rookie WR we draft, Crowder and Herndon.

6. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I could honestly see us using 2 TE more sets this year. It would help with blocking and we have 2 that can catch relatively well.

jilozzo likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

That's a possibility as well.

8. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I sort of doubt it, as Gase’s system relies heavily on the slot WR to move the ball. 2 TE’s means either Bell or Crowder is out of the play, which doesn’t seem likely to me.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  9. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Really? Because that buggy-eyed freak did all he could to not use Bell last season..

K'OB likes this.
  10. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Wait.... you think Robby would have been the 4th option on the Jets?! Who the heck do we have playing wide receiver that I don't know about? This is a huge loss we now need to find someone who can stretch the field vertically and be a compliment to who ever is our number one, which is currently not on the roster..... That was Anderson he was our number one threat and this is going to hurt.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Herndon is not a WR he's a TE who in two years has only proven to be injury prone and suspended.

And it's weird how you talk about all of these pass catching options only to not include Le'Veon Bell who ranked 3rd in targets and 2nd in receptions (66) as a 1st year Jet and 378 career receptions as a 2x First-team All-Pro and 3x Pro-Bowler @ only 28 years of age.

How could you not mention Bell, did you forget about him or do you (self admitted) simply not watch any N.Y Jet football games out their in North Carolina?

Well. At least you'll still be able to watch Robby Anderson as you'll have televised Carolina Panther games to finally watch on T.V.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Please forgive him.

He wouldn't know as he doesn't even make an effort to watch the games which is why he forgot to include Bell after his 66 receptions as a 1st year Jet last year.

We are screwed on offense heading into the draft.

13. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

You think we’re screwed but we have a competent GM for once. If he’s not then why should you be? He has a plan B and clearly Robby wasn’t part of any plan or he’d sign him. Still got cuts and draft relax man. You severely hype up or over exaggerate a lot of middle of the road players.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Yep, 3rd or 4th. If we take one of Jeudy or Lamb, he's gonna get a lot of balls thrown his way. Even if not, whatever WRs we take in the 2nd and 3rd rounds will get their opportunities. Crowder will get a lot of throws. If Herndon is healthy, he will get a lot of throws. Bell could get more throws. Ryan Griffin will get some throws. I think Robby's number of catches would be down, and he'd have been the 3rd or 4th option.

#1474 NCJetsfan, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

As of 6 hours ago.

Seattle Seahawks: -120
    New York Jets: +300.
    Tennessee Titans: +400.
    New York Giants: +700.
    Baltimore Ravens: +1000.

Odds of landing Jadeveon Clowney.

The only thing that'll make me feel a lot better after losing Robby Anderson would be an addition of Jadeveon Clownery to help our defense become instant contenders (we're obviously going to struggle on offense).

Land Jadeveon Clowney and DefenseWinsChampionships will once again be alive (flashbacks of 2009/2010).

16. NYGANGGREEN

if the price is right I’m all for it. But can’t be 20m man

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Dj Moore about to be traded?

18. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I will miss Robbie.

Seeing that string bean zoom down the sideline snagging the ball into the end zone right in front of me...

God speed and thanks for the memories

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

How was it a "dumb decision"? He just got picked up for $20,000,00 over two years after emerging onto an NFL scene during a meaningless preseason game as an undrafted rookie and now he's self made and just signed a $20M contact and from where he's came from there is absolutely nothing that was "dumb" on Robby's behalf.

20. NYGANGGREEN

he means placement and team wise it’s dumb. Maybe he believes if he stayed here and maybe took a little less. He get more looks w us and more opportunity by signing a one year prove it deal and bank on himself. He could cash in and capitalize on the next year when cap is going up and more money to spend.