Mock Drafts (Please post all mock drafts here)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 17, 2019.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Even if Anderson walks, I wouldn't mind those picks. We can land a good WR in round 3 and sign a FA WR. I do wonder if other C prospects have surpassed Biadasz in the eyes of scouts.

2. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

What Joe and Jets do in FA is going to be interesting. Would signing an OL impact Joe’s decision to draft a OL with first pick?

The Robby Effect. I would imagine if Robby signs with the Jets, Joe is going all in for an OL as our first pick. If 4 OLs go before 11, then I could see Joe trading 11 to get an extra pick.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Some interesting mocks have been posted in the last few days.

I like the first 3 rounds, but it went south quickly

https://fansided.com/2020/03/04/new-york-jets-2020-nfl-mock-draft/

1 - Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa (He has the Jets taking Wirfs over Becton and Thomas)
    2 - Michael Pittman, Jr., WR USC
    3a - Tyler Biadasz, C Wisconsin
    3b - Jonathan Greenard, Edge Florida
    4 - Quintez Cephus, WR Wisconsin
    5 - Lamar Jackson, CB Nebraska
    6a - James Robinson, RB Illinois St.
    6b - Justin Strnad,OLB Wake Forest

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...020-nfl-mock-draft-30-broncos-go-d-in-round-2

Chad Reuter 3-round mock
    1 - Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa (only Wirfs and Wills were still on the board)
    2 - Lloyd Cushenberry, C/OG :LSU
    3a - John Hightower, WR Boise St.
    3b - Darrell Taylor, Edge Tennessee

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...ort-philip-rivers-vikings-land-top-10-talent/

Josh Edwards CBS Sports
    1- Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville
    2 - Josh Uche, Edge Michigan
    3a - Denzel Mims, WR Baylor
    3b - KJ Hamler, WR Penn St.

There was another 3-round draft that I saw earlier today while out and about, but can't find it now. I think it had the Jets getting Thomas in the 1st, a C in the 2nd and Michael Pittman, Jr. with the first pick in the 3rd.

Mogriffjr, NYJFOREVER and J-Raw24 like this.
  4. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

No doubt, I'd take this and not look back.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

• 11 Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia
    • 48 Matt Hennessy, IOL Temple
    • 68 Cam Akers, RB Florida State
    • 79 Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame
    • 110 Khalid Kareem, EDGE Notre Dame
    • 140 Lamar Jackson, CB Nebraska
    • 171 Alex Taylor, OT South Carolina State
    • 202 Darryl Williams, IOL Mississippi State
    4 OL, 2 skill position players, 1 CB, 1 Edge....

7. NCJetsfan

I don't think Claypool will last until our 2nd 3rd round pick. I certainly wouldn't take Akers ahead of him, but overall, it would be hard not to be happy with that draft.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-nfl-mock-draft-20-dolphins-go-get-joe-burrow

Lance Zierlein NFL mock draft 2.0: Dolphins go get Joe Burrow
    • By Lance Zierlein
    • NFL Media draft analyst
    • Published: March 20, 2020 at 09:35 a.m.
    • Updated: March 20, 2020 at 10:12 a.m.

Before you get too worked up about this mock draft not looking like everyone else's, it's important to share my philosophy on these exercises.

First off, drafts almost never go the way we expect. In the first couple of mocks I put together, I always try to anticipate/create potential surprises and then see how my board begins to fall based upon those contingencies.

I believe that Joe Burrow is likely headed to the Bengals ... but what if he's not? Who might come up and make a run for Burrow, and how would a trade at the top impact the rest of Round 1? These are questions I like to ask and answer in early iterations of my mock drafts.

So, with the first wave of free agency in the books, here's my updated mock for Round 1 of the 2020 NFL Draft:

PICK 1

[​IMG]
    Joe Burrow - QB
    School: LSU | Year: Senior (RS)

PROJECTED TRADE WITH BENGALS. If there is any sense in Cincinnati that Burrow doesn't want to be a Bengal long-term, then the team should listen to offers. An NFL executive I consulted with felt that including all three of Miami's first-round picks in this deal would be too much, so I'm sending Cincy Pick Nos. 5 and 18, as well as second-round selections.

PICK 2

[​IMG]
    Chase Young - Edge
    School: Ohio State | Year: Junior

Young's physical makeup is rare, as is his junior-year production (16.5 sacks in 12 games). While defensive ends (and former first overall picks) like Jadeveon Clowney and Myles Garrett had the physical tools coming into the league, Young has been out here eating on the field consistently.

PICK 3

[​IMG]
    Tua Tagovailoa - QB
    School: Alabama | Year: Junior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH LIONS. The Chargers are headed into a new stadium without much fanfare at the QB position, unless they move up three spots and secure this talented lefty, who should become the face of their franchise by 2021.

PICK 4

[​IMG]
    Mekhi Becton - OT
    School: Louisville | Year: Junior

Massive and athletic are descriptors we don't often see used in the same sentence, but the Louisville left tackle is that guy. The Giants could go with Isaiah Simmons or Jedrick Wills in this spot, as well.

PICK 5

[​IMG]
    Justin Herbert - QB
    School: Oregon | Year: Senior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH DOLPHINS. With the Bengals trading back in this scenario, it's worth noting that head coach Zac Taylor and his staff should have a feel for Herbert after working with him at the Senior Bowl in January. If they liked what they saw, it might be enough to allow them to accept this trade and make this pick.

PICK 6

[​IMG]
    Jeff Okudah - CB
    School: Ohio State | Year: Junior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH CHARGERS. With the trade of Darius Slay to the Eagles, the Lions will be ready to turn in the card for Okudah. He's a talented, twitchy CB1 who has room to get even better.

PICK 7

[​IMG]
    Jedrick Wills - OT

Wills is an instant plug-and-play starter at right tackle -- and sources at Alabama believe he has the ability to switch to left tackle if called upon to help protect Teddy Bridgewater.

PICK 8

[​IMG]
    Isaiah Simmons - LB/S
    School: Clemson | Year: Junior (RS)

The guess here is that Arizona won't be expecting to see Simmons on the board, but if he is, he may be too enticing to pass up. Plugging in an OT here is an easy move, but Tristan Wirfs doesn't offer the same potential impact as Simmons.

PICK 9

[​IMG]
    Derrick Brown - DT
    School: Auburn | Year: Senior

Selecting Josh Allen was a terrific move for the Jaguars last year. Following that up with a disruptive interior lineman would be a step in the right direction for a team looking to re-establish its defensive identity.

PICK 10

[​IMG]
    Tristan Wirfs - OT
    School: Iowa | Year: Junior

Athletic tackle who has experience on both the left and right sides. With Jack Conklin in the fold now, Wirfs gives the Browns a chance to protect Baker Mayfield with a pair of quality bookends.

PICK 11

[​IMG]
    CeeDee Lamb - WR
    School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior

Sam Darnold gets the top receiver on the board and a player who can line up inside or outside as he attacks on all three levels.

PICK 12

[​IMG]
    Jerry Jeudy - WR

Pristine route runner with good speed and explosiveness. He can be a field stretcher or a volume target, depending on the matchup.

PICK 13

[​IMG]
    Javon Kinlaw - DL
    School: South Carolina | Year: Senior

DeForest Buckner is gone ... and in his place steps another long-limbed, physical freak. Build the fronts and the rest falls into place.

PICK 14

[​IMG]
    Andrew Thomas - OT
    School: Georgia | Year: Junior

Thomas has experience at both left and right tackle. He plays with a gritty demeanor while offering gets-guys-blocked value in pass protection.

PICK 15

[​IMG]
    Henry Ruggs III - WR

Now Drew Lock has a legitimate field stretcher to back safeties up and create even more room for emerging WR1 Courtland Sutton.

PICK 16

[​IMG]
    C.J. Henderson - CB
    School: Florida | Year: Junior

Henderson is a smooth outside cornerback with a tremendous combination of speed and fluidity to help bolster the Falcons' coverage on Day 1.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

PICK 17

[​IMG]
    K'Lavon Chaisson - Edge
    School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS)

Dallas selects a slithery edge rusher who put together his best work over the second half of the 2019 season. He should inject some spice into the Cowboys' pass rush.

PICK 18

[​IMG]
    Kenneth Murray - LB
    School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH DOLPHINS. The former Oklahoma linebacker can play in the middle or outside. He's fast, can cover and brings an alpha demeanor to the unit.

PICK 19

[​IMG]
    A.J. Terrell - CB
    School: Clemson | Year: Junior

The Raiders have done a nice job filling some of their holes via free agency, but they still need corner help and Terrell fits the winning culture that GM Mike Mayock covets.

PICK 20

[​IMG]
    Jordan Love - QB
    School: Utah State | Year: Junior (RS)

If Love is still on the board here, it might be hard for the Jaguars to pass on the boom-or-bust prospect with loads of talent.

PICK 21

[​IMG]
    Justin Jefferson - WR
    School: LSU | Year: Junior

Jefferson has excellent ball skills and was terrific when working from the slot in 2019. He can play inside or outside and offers an upgrade for the offense.

PICK 22

[​IMG]
    Yetur Gross-Matos - Edge
    School: Penn State | Year: Junior

With Everson Griffen exploring free agency, the Vikings could look to fill the void here. Gross-Matos is an ascending defensive end with traits and rush potential waiting to be developed.

PICK 23

[​IMG]
    Patrick Queen - LB
    School: LSU | Year: Junior

Figuring out what Bill Belichick is going to do isn't getting any easier. However, Queen is tough and fast. He could become the new leader of the defense by next year.

PICK 24

[​IMG]
    Denzel Mims - WR
    School: Baylor | Year: Senior (RS)

With no second-round pick this year, the pressure will be on the Saints in Round 1 to find a wideout who can stretch the field and take pressure off of Michael Thomas.

PICK 25

[​IMG]
    Ross Blacklock - DT
    School: TCU | Year: Junior (RS)

The Vikings know they can find receiver talent outside of the first round, but finding an interior pass rusher like Blacklock won't be as easy.

PICK 26

[​IMG]
    Joshua Jones - OT
    School: Houston | Year: Senior (RS)

Jones didn't display the kind of athleticism I expected to see from him at the NFL Scouting Combine (he may have carried too much weight). He has legitimate left tackle upside but a lower floor.

PICK 27

[​IMG]
    Austin Jackson - OT
    School: USC | Year: Junior

Athletic tackle prospect who is picking up steam in certain scouting circles, but he needs to get stronger and more consistent with technique.

PICK 28

[​IMG]
    Zack Baun - LB/edge
    School: Wisconsin | Year: Senior (RS)

Baun offers rare LB/edge versatility that will fit nicely with Baltimore's needs. He's fluid moving in space and has real edge-bending talent as a rusher.

PICK 29

[​IMG]
    Jeff Gladney - CB
    School: TCU | Year: Senior (RS)

The Titans must get better in the back end and there is no question that Gladney is one of the most tenacious ballhawks in this draft.

PICK 30

[​IMG]
    Jalen Reagor - WR
    School: TCU | Year: Junior

Reagor has explosive field speed and is a sudden target underneath. He could become an early favorite of Aaron Rodgers.

PICK 31

[​IMG]
    Trevon Diggs - CB
    School: Alabama | Year: Senior

Diggs didn't test at the combine, but his size, length and ball skills could still be enticing for the 49ers, even if they never get to time him in the 40-yard dash.

PICK 32

[​IMG]
    D'Andre Swift - RB
    School: Georgia | Year: Junior

This is theft. Grabbing a three-down talent like Swift makes it even tougher to slow the champs.

10. NCJetsfan

This is an interesting mock draft. It starts out badly with Tampa trading up with Jacksonville, and as a result all of the top OTs are gone by #11. Douglas makes chicken salad out of chicken shit here, however, as he trades down and add some excellent prospects. I'm disappointed in the WRs he gets in this mock, but add some excellent OL, a top-notch CB prospect, and one of the best edge rushers imo. I'd sign up for this draft right now. I'm just going to post the recap, but Belic shows each pick through the 3rd round.

http://turnonthejets.com/2020/03/new-york-jets-nfl-draft-2020-full-7-round-mock-draft/

New York Jets, NFL Draft 2020 – Full 7 Round Mock Draft

Joe Belic
    Posted on March 24, 2020

Recap:

Round 1: Josh Jones (OT)
    Round 2: Lloyd Cushenberry (IOL)
    Round 2: Jaylon Johnson (CB)
    Round 3: Donovan Peoples-Jones (WR) [could have taken Chase Claypool]
    Round 3: Joshua Uche (Edge)
    Round 3: Netane Muti (IOL)
    Round 4: Devin Duvernay (WR)
    Round 5: Anthony McFarland (RB)
    Round 6: John Reid (CB)

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That’s not a bad draft.......

12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I went to draft simulator on draft network and wound up with the following : (no trades)

1) #11 Andrew Thomas OT
    2) #48 KJ Hamler WR
    3) #68 Michael Pittman WR
    3) #79 Tony Pride Jr CB
    4) #120 Tyler Biadasz C/G
    5) #158 Lamical Perine RB
    6) #191 Kendall Coleman EDGE
    6) #211 AJ Green CB

Not a bad haul ....I see 4 possible day one starters and maybe a surprise with Coleman...

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Thoughts from anyone who follows this way more than I do? I really hope we don't take an OT at 11 over Jeudy.

boozer32 likes this.
  14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I think we have to go WR playmaker at 11. OT can be picked up later on. Blocking is great, but we need playmakers.

I’m hoping the Jets go WR in round 1 for the first time since 2001 lol.

Since Douglas has done a good job at fixing the OL and Fant looks like LT, we can hit best OT available for RT in round 2 or 3. A good prospect could fall.

BomberJet likes this.
  15. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Just can't help but to think that if the Jets pick a tackle with #11 and not one of the 2 top WR's, they'll be reaching. I wouldn't mind though if they grabbed Wirf's or Becton, perhaps as both seem to be the top 2 , but to overlook a playmaker? I dunno... They're are some decent OL that can be had in the 2nd - can they find a Jumbo Elliot ( 2nd rd 1988) ? Probably not but JD may have someone in mind.

16. J-Raw24

This is kinda why I prefer the trade back if we get a good offer. I think Becton and Wirfs will be gone. I think at least one of Lamb and Jeudy will be gone if not both. With and extra 2nd and a later first we could address more of our needs and still get a good player in the first.

BomberJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

It looks like what Maccagnan would draft. Sorry but that draft does not help the Jets at all. Especially after what Douglas did in free agency

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

If Becton, Wirfs, Jeudy and Lamb are gone that would be a huge blow to the Jets. Maybe they take Henry Ruggs.

19. J-Raw24

Ruggs is an improved version of Robbie. I don't think we need a speed receiver atm. Ruggs won't be a true wr1. He also won't pair well with Perriman or fit in Gase's system. We need either a big bodied possession type who can get YAC or someone with good route running ability. I think Ruggs will be a great deep threat somewhere, but he make no sense as a first round pick for this team.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

What do you base that on? I totally disagree.

Josh Jones is considered the 5th best OT in this draft class, and at least one author says that Jones is a perfect fit for the Jets' zone-blocking scheme.

Cushenberry is considered one of the top 3 C/OG prospects in the draft. Muti is also a good IOL prospect.

Jaylon Johnson is considered an excellent CB prospect.

Those aren't the two WRs I would have taken, but at those points in the draft, that's about all that was left, and both are good prospecst.

McFarland is a very fast RB who is a good receiver and is a homerun threat every time he touches the ball.

I don't know anything about the CB taken last, but Mac would have only had a draft this good in his dreams.