Jets 2020 Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Mar 20, 2020.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

if there is a camp battle then how is he a "definite upgrade"? That doesn't make any sense, that means he's around their level. I think is around their level, maybe he wins the job, maybe he doesn't.

2. BrowningNagle

hahaha cute. what "actual statistics" are you talking about?

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The ones that I posted two days ago when we signed Van Roten and you swore he was a bad pass protector.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If we get the Fant in that video that shepherds out Garret multiple times then 9m will be a massive bargain, here's hoping that our ex OL GM knows a good one when he sees one.

5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Van Roten has started 27 games the past 2 years and allowed 0 sacks. In fact the guy hasn't allow a sack in his career while playing in 47 games. I have watched Carolina as I'm a fan of McCaffrey, and the guy has played quite well, especially given how garbage that offense is outside of McCaffrey.

6. BroadwayAaron

There is literally one person claiming Van Roten is not a good pass protector. It's actually quite astonishing and impressive.

K'OB and J-Raw24 like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

those were opinions not actual statistics. maybe your understanding what is real and what is believed by someone is the problem?

8. BrowningNagle

hasn't allowed a sack in his career? that aint true

9. J-Raw24

Good teams battle at all positions except maybe qb. It's how they push each other. But as I said it won't be much competition.

10. J-Raw24

11. BrowningNagle

not true, some teams have pro bowlers that are obvious starters.

12. BroadwayAaron

You're struggling. I'll help you out. The numbers that you see in the following tweets, those are "statistics". They are not based on opinion at all. They are absolute and real, and they aren't up for debate.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

Mr mittens likes this.
  14. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

So far with the moves JD has made I don't see much if a downgrade at any spot.
    Unless you think Fant is a starting LT then probably a downgrade over Beachum
    • Connor McGovern, center. Clearly an upgrade over Kahlil
    • Greg Van Roten, guard. At this point Van Roten is an upgrade over Tom Compton until Winters is cut.
    • George Fant, offensive tackle. Sketchy if starting at LT but good insurance and an upgrade at swing tackle and blocking TE
    • Alex Lewis, guard. Re-sign as a projected starter
    • Brian Poole, cornerback. Re-sign same role
    • Neville Hewitt, linebacker. Re-signed, special team and depth
    • Arthur Maulet, cornerback. Re-signed, special team and depth. Ideally
    • Josh Andrews, center. Camp body / Depth interior OL
    • Marqui Christian, safety. Special teamer and FS. Played for G.Williams before.
    • Pierre Desir, Cornerback. Maybe not good enough but Johnson and Roberts gave us nothing last year
    • James Burgess Jr., linebacker. Re-signed, depth. Off ball LB. Good in coverage.

15. BrowningNagle

those tweets are opinions... again.. is that the 3rd time I've told you this?

16. BroadwayAaron

That sack number isn't how many he's allowed, it's how many he has as a defender. Regardless he's only given up 3 sacks in two years. Pretty good for a guy who isn't a good pass protector right?

17. BroadwayAaron

Reporting that he's given up 3 sacks in two years and only 5 QB hits in two years are not opinions. Those are facts. Are you having a stroke or something?

K'OB likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

it is Connor Hughes' opinion.

football knowledge on this site has really gone down the shitter. SMH, can't believe I have to explain basic stuff. Its' boring. No wonder the smart football people don't post in the Jets forum anymore :(

19. BroadwayAaron

I don't even know how to respond to this. So if someone tweets a stat, that stat becomes their opinion? I'm fascinated by your thought process.

Imagesrdecieving and K'OB like this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Wait, why, what’s going on with our fan base. Last year we cringed every freaking time our QB stepped back to throw the ball, or for Bell to run the ball. Holes upfront were non existent, protection was dismal and penalties abundant. We now have added 3 OL with solid credentials and with careers highlighted by very few penalties to boot and some still feel that is not a significant improvement?
    IMO this is by far the best effort Done by a GM to bolster our OL since time memorial, and with the draft yet to go. If Fant proves worthy of becoming our LT this could be a home run. As it is he gives us great versatility and athleticism so we are better for it. We are also much better at starting C and starting OG and have solid depth. LT is an unknown but could be a big plus. I say bring Beachum back on a one year deal to compete with Fant , and this line is head and shoulders better. Add one of the big 4 OL in the draft and we are set. We have gone from getting our QB killed to being quite competitive and with room to get better.
    I think we are so used to getting unpleasantly surprised by our GMs we have become numb to recognize improvement when is staring us in the face.
    Can’t wait for the draft.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.