The AFC East is now wide open.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ok Brook, fair enough.

But when someone wants to talk about Belichick and how he's "won" without Brady? Don't use a small sample size directed towards me of only 19 games with only 3 QB's when in reality he's coached alongside of 10 quarterbacks throughout almost 120 games (117) and expect for a knowledge football fan (especially on the defensive side of the ball) such as myself to buy it. Not happening.

This will become an awesome thread immediately and during the 2020 season as I've put time and effort into my thoughts and posts and I'm quite confident that Bill Belichick will never even come close to ever sniffing another SB without #12 just as he's never sniffed one throughout 7.3 years of no Tom Brady.

The Bills and Dolphins could never bounce back (consistently) once losing All-time great QB's in Kelly and Marino either and still have yet to bounce back on a consistent basis. And neither have our Jets after losing Joe Namath. And Brady is better than them all; he's the greatest of All-Time..

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Can someone confirm for me... can’t really pin this one down... have the Bills recovered from losing Jim Kelly?

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Look at my user name.

I've learned.

I've learned over the years that Defense does not Win Championships (anymore).

And I've also learned from TGG faithful (for many of years) that NFL Football is now an offensive and QB driven league.

And I've learned that without an elite QB and without a high octane offensive attack that even the greatest defensive coaches can no longer consistently win.

The days of Moss, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and Tom Brady are a thing of the past and now Bill Belichick doesn't have a future 1st ballot Hall of Fame Quarterback anymore. He's screwed.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not really.

Unless you consider a wildcard loss and a complete choke job from Josh Allen who folded under pressure while pissing away a 16-0 lead with less than two minutes remaining of the 3rd Q while also crapping the bed @ the same time with a less than ideal postseason performance of...

24/46 (52.1%) is putrid.
    0 TD passes.
    QB Rating of 69.5 (horrendous).

He should've kept running (92 yards) or continued to catch gimmick TD passes (1 TD reception) but he should not have been allowed to continue throwing the football because he's nothing more than a glorified runner and an inaccurate thrower of the football with a big arm (can't even really call him a Quarterback). If that's who the division must go through moving forward; it'll become a welcomed breath of fresh air.

Have the Bills recovered after losing Jim Kelly? I don't know. You tell me.

All I know is that Jim Kelly led them to 9 postseason wins and 4 SB appearances (4 L's) throughout an 11 year career consisting of a winning record of 101-59 (63.1%).

When compared to over the last 23 years (without Jim Kelly) they've yet to reach another SB due to going 23 years without a single playoff win (0-4) and have an overall losing record over their previous 23 years of only 164-204 (.445%) without Jim Kelly;
    consisting of 17/23 years of .500 and below losing football.

Yes. I'll stick to my original thought and I'll say that as a Franchise; they've yet to recover.

Unless you consider a losing record of 164-204 (.445%), 17/23 seasons without a winning record and 23 consecutive years without a single postseason victory (even Sanchez won 4 playoff games) as being "recovered".

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I actually forget it’s there, I mostly post on my phone with safari and it doesn’t show up. When I notice it I sometimes feel like I should change it because it’s gott be 6 years old now, but I always get nostalgic...

K'OB likes this.
  7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Maximus’ head grew a few sizes just now. But no worries Brook, if I’m not around it’s only because I have 2 sons under 2 years old, there are too many good posters here to give up on TGG. I should know better than to get involved, there are plenty of good conversations to be had!

Brook! likes this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The irony of this post is that the Pats are competitive because of their defense and their coaching.
    They haven’t had a high octane offense in awhile.
    And when they won their early championships their offense wasn’t their strong point either.

K'OB likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

What are you talking about? N.E's offensive success has built around Tom Brady over the years and it's not debatable.

Just their last SB win (only two years ago) they
    ranked 8th in regular season for passing yards (passing league) and 4th in offensive points scored only behind K.C/Rams/Saints AND THEN they averaged the most postseason passing yards (#1) and 2nd in postseason points scoring (only behind K.C) on their way to their last SB win (2018).

All while their last SB winning team (of 2018) on defense ranked 21st in total defense for yards allowed (22nd against the pass) and 7th in points allowed.

N.E finishing with a #1 Defense this past year (and have already lost 4 starters to free agency) has brainwashed Jet fans into believing that Belichick can do this each and every year, but he can't; and he hasn't (not on a consistent basis at least).

2018 NE Defense: 21st.

2017 NE Defense: 29th.

2016 NE defense: 8th.

2015 NE Defense: 9th.

2014 NE Defense: 13th.

Etc. Etc.

And just two years ago (SB winners) they ranked 8th in passing yards and 4th in points scored during the regular season and then turned it up another notch come postseason play and ranked 1st in offensive passing yards per playoff game and 2nd in average offensive playoff points scored per game (how quickly people have already forgotten).

And I'd rather not discuss the early years but as I've already mentioned, Bill Belichick doesn't deserve all the credit for that, either.

Bill Belichick should thank Bill Parcells for Adam Vinatieri (a N.E hero) who was brought to N.E in 1996 before Belichick even arrived just as the likes of Teddy Bruschi, Ty Law, Willie McGinest and Lawyer Milloy etc were already there (on Defense) before Belichick ever arrived and it's kind of hard to lose with a defense like that who's full of Superstar Defenders along with one of the greatest FG kickers of All-Time; who were already in place by the time of Belichick's arrival.

Tom Brady saved Bill Belichick's coaching career.

#169 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  10. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Let me echo Brooks's compliments. I have enjoyed and benefited from many of your and others' posts. It's very clear you can run circles around many of us (myself included) in terms of your football knowledge. Curious if you played and if so until what level

Keep up the good posts

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

All. Instead of locking this thread, I took away DWC's privileges to post in this thread.

He will not be able to post in this thread again. Please don't quote him from now on. He won't be able to reply.

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay. DWC asked me to lift his ban from this thread. I will honor him but he also promised to keep things short and on point. There you go.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

There's a reason why Hoyer has been in the league for 12 years, has not been able to stick with one team, has bounced around with 6 different teams (now 7) and he's now 34 years old; he's just not any good to begin with. You can not consistently win with these guys.

Like Fitzpatrick and McCown, Hoyer is yet another career journeyman QB with a career losing record of 16-22 (.421%), has a career completion percentage of under 60% (59.1%) and during his only playoff game (2009) he went 15/34 (44.1%), 136 passing yards, 0 TD's/4 INT's along with a QB Rating of 15.9 and his team did not score a single point (0 points). Probably the worst postseason performance from any QB of All-Time.

Brian Hoyer? To replace a legendary Tom Brady? Breath of fresh air for the AFC East.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I knight thee

Sir Perfluous

. .Not more user friendly, . less annoying.

MaximusD163 likes this.
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: There’s so much to unpack there and I didn’t even finish reading yet lol.
    Honestly it’s not worth it.

I’ll tell you what.
    I’ll bet the Pats make the playoffs and the Bucs don’t.
    The reason why will primarily be the coaching, the preparedness, the game planning, adjustments especially and defense, mistake free football, and of course the cheating.

Also Br*dy has looked washed up for the better part of last two years and for once won’t have the benefit of all the above.
    I hope Arians has a plan to get ball out of his hands for dink’s and dunks as he falls apart once hit. I think he’s gonna be terrible in Tampa honestly, whereas the Pats will be biz as usual maybe not quite as good with ALL the losses this FA.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Brian Hoyer will not be the Pats starting QB unless Stidham or other QB they pick up is hurt.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Good because I think Stidham is going to stink. Was never a highly scouted QB coming out (4th round), never put up any jaw dropping numbers in college and although a small sample size went 2/3 with a sack and a pick 6 against us.

I know N.E won a SB since the Jimmy G trade but I bet that Bill Belichick really wishes he had a Jimmy Garoppolo right about now. So he didn't have to start all over @ an old age. Which is why Bill wanted to trade even Tom Brady away to San Francisco (when he had a chance) because he feared this very moment right here and right now. And now he's without a Quarterback; just like his Cleveland days as he shuffled through shit QB after shit QB for 5 years while losing.

When N.E scrambling to sign career losing veteran Jag QB's such as a Hoyer during F.A, you just know they are in trouble. Reminds me of the good ol' days of having Petty/Hack on our roster and scrambling to bring in Fitz/McCown lol and I'm loving it.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Come on man if Brady had looked washed up for two years now they would've never exploded during the 2018 playoffs dropping 30+ points per game, ranking 1st in passing yards & 2nd in points scored come postseason play and that's even after ranking 8th in passing yards and 4th in points scored on the season.

And if washed up I'm sorry hah he doesn't go 32 starts (+playoffs), 748/1183 (62.2%) for 8,412 yards! and 53 TD's/9 INT's (5.8 to 1 TD-INT ratio) with a 92.5 QB Rating.

And I'm sorry Brook! two more point I have to touch on but this won't be 20 paragraphs.

1.) B2Q did you not watch 2018's AFC Championship game. Didn't you see Patrick Mahomes drop 295 passing yards with a long of 54 yards (and another 11 rushing yards), a perfect 3 TD's/0 INT's and a Postseason QB Rating of over 100 (117.0); but still lost the game by 6 pts after dropping 31 points on the road but yet some of you are really telling me that N.E's defense has been the one's carrying Tom Brady lately? Got it.

2.) If you're willing to talk to me about a washed up legendary QB who we all watched then let's talk about #18 in the NFL forms or other former washed up legends. Such as Peyton Manning. 2015. His final football season. 59.8% completion percentage. 9 TD's/17 INT's. QB Rating of only 67.9. He's the definition of a QB carried by a truly, great defense.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It is now confirmed that Defense Wins Championships has tested positive for Cabin Fever.

Brook!, Cman68 and BacktoQueens like this.
  20. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member