Robby Anderson. Already one of my All-Time favorite Jet receivers.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 21, 2020.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I liked Derrick Gaffney. Was a late round pick that played solid for the Jets.

2. boozer32

It's a must that Anderson comes back. Why upgrade the offensive line if Darnold has no one to throw too. I've been a fan since his rookie year and if I'm not mistaken he actually made Hackenberg look good (in a preseason game of course). A deep threat like Anderson opens up everything running game, tight end and underneath stuff. The money should be there especially by cutting Winters. 12 million for 4 years should get it done.

3. boozer32

It's a must that Anderson comes back. Why upgrade the offensive line if Darnold has no one to throw too. I've been a fan since his rookie year and if I'm not mistaken he actually made Hackenberg look good (in a preseason game of course). A deep threat like Anderson opens up everything running game, tight end and underneath stuff. The money should be there especially by cutting Winters. 12 million for 4 years should get it done.

4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

With the jets releasing few guys this week and adding some savings, it my be worth giving Robby $12/$13M/year.

Drafting Juedy or Lamb to pair up with Anderson, Crowder and Bell/Herndon/Griffin along with OL improvement gives them a chance have several threats.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

My thoughts exactly.

QB: Sam Darnold.
    RB: Le'Veon Bell.
    WR1: Jeudy/Lamb.
    WR2: Robby Anderson.
    Slot Receiver: Jamison Crowder.
    TE1: Chris Herndon.
    TE2: Ryan Griffin.
    WR4: Quincy Enunwa (still only 27).

With an improvement from JD to our offensive line and that Jets offense above has more talent than either of N.E/Buffalo/Miami... Easily.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Mods enough ban this troll

KWJetsFan likes this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Make it stop!!!!!

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

One of Robby's best game alongside a young Sam Darnold.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well don't open up this Robby Anderson thread and then maybe you won't have to see things like this (below)...

12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

It was a different game back then--not apples to apples. For one thing Robby would be broken by the hits the guys used to take.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .Show the one where he nuts in that cop's wife's eye..

ukjetsfan likes this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Fair enough. However I remember 4 years ago after Robby Anderson emerged out of nowhere during preseason games there were Jet fans also claiming that he's a stick figured, 100 lbs. soaking wet, too skinny, will get killed on the field etc etc and 4 years later he's played in 62 of a possible 64 games without leaving on a stretcher.

I do understand and know that back in 1978-1987 there were some mean defenders and player safety wasn't yet an NFL agenda but @ the same time Robby Anderson @ 190 lbs. still out weights Gaffney by 9 lbs as Gaffney was tiny himself @ only 181 lbs. and still survived 8 years.

I honestly don't think anyone could've kept up with Robby's all world track speed back in those days and injuries would've been the only way from stopping him from smoking past entire secondaries while leaving them in the dust back then.

I don't really believe the throwback and old-timer fans who claim and say that professional athletes of today wouldn't have lasted or survived way back then, when football players as of today are way faster, much bigger, more athletic and a lot more stronger as humans continue to evolve athletically. That video (above) does not lie and those hits are just from 2019.

There are some vicious NFL defenders in today's game too. The refs may throw yellow flags but that doesn't stop these NFL defenders from still hitting hard and looking to knock someone's block off; And Robby Anderson has survived thus far throughout 4 years...

#54 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    IDFjet likes this.
  15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I’m not so sure he’s a troll, I think he’s more like a way overly exuberant 15 year old fan. The dude should find a sites to write articles for, because his post are that long, and that divisive.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Sorry. I've been working from home since last week and trying to stay in my home as much as possible with my wife and daughter so we don't get sick so talking about Robby Anderson/N.E Patriots and FA players has been a nice way of escaping reality and getting my mind off of this global nightmare.

twown likes this.
  17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Robby Anderson has highlight videos so he must be good.

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He has twitter and that is the bad side

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .It's just a message board. . Guy loves writing tomes. . No big deal.

#59 joe, Mar 22, 2020
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Vernon Gholston after 3 years created himself no N.Y Jet highlight videos because after being drafted 6th overall (1st round) he recorded 0 career sacks, didn't make any plays on the football field and therefore; has no highlight videos in order to watch his own production on film.

And Vernon Gholston has no highlight videos so he must be bad.

Robby Anderson on the other hand does indeed have (multiple) highlight videos because he's made plays on the football field throughout 4 consecutive seasons and his highlight videos actually starterd 4 years ago during a meaningless preseason game after being undrafted (unlike Vernon Gholston, 1st round, 6th overall; with no highlight videos as a Jet).

Do you see the difference, genius?

And Robby Anderson has more than just highlights (below)...

Rookie Year.

2nd Year.

3rd Year.

4th Year.

My Favorite Robby Anderson Play: 92 yards.

He also has production and statistics (regardless of who's been his Quarterback too).

42 receptions (R).
    50 receptions.
    52 receptions.
    63 pass receptions.

587 receiving yards (R).
    752 receiving yards.
    779 receiving yards.
    941 receiving yards.

2 TD receptions (R).
    5 TD receptions.
    6 TD receptions.
    7 TD receptions.

52 yard pass reception; seasons long (R).
    69 yard pass reception; seasons long.
    76 yard pass reception; seasons long.
    92 yard pass reception; 2nd All-Time (NYJ).

Outside of his rookie season over the past 3 years he's averaged:

55 receptions per year.
    824 receiving yards per year.
    6.0 TD receptions per year.

What more could you possibly ask for out of an undrafted player only 4 years later?

You see.

Without Robby Anderson putting up statistical production on the football field (throughout 4 consecutive seasons) as an undrafted steal, none of these videos could possibly become possible in order to highlight his playmaking ability (ask Vernon Gholston).

These videos simply point out (in visual) some of his plays on the field in which you see when looking at his statistical box-scores while @ the same time displaying his athletic abilities on the big screen - nothing more/nothing less.

Man, if only our 1st round bust and 6th overall pick in Vernon Gholston would've had this many (Robby Anderson like) highlight video(s) on YouTube consisting of nothing but big time sacks and tackles behind the line of scrimmage maybe, just maybe; maybe we could all then say that just because Vernon Gholston had highlight video(s) he "must've been good" while we featured him as a pass rusher from the outside? Genius.

And in closing i really do hope that this Robby kid did not nut in one of your loved ones faces too because that'll explain why you're so butthurt about an undrafted player having highlight videos(s) up on YouTube...

#60 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 22, 2020