The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

For the record the article regarding Clowney says the report could be out of his camp to drum up interest from other teams. I don’t understand, he’s following Titan players on twitter, no?

J-Raw24 likes this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Just glad we didn't pay him big money. He's not worth it.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Depth can play center and guard. Puts Harrison’s spot in jeopardy

and

championship!!

#1203 FJF, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

I know this is going to be a fairly unpopular take - unfortunately I feel my few posts almost always are. From the start of free agency, I felt that we should let Robby go. I didn't anticipate his market would completely dry up the way it has, but honestly, I'd still prefer they let him go. If JD decides to bring him back on a 1 yr prove it deal, it's fine. It would be hard to argue against it, but I prefer to let him walk. I think he's pretty overrated by most fans. He's a solid WR, but those are a dime a dozen in this league. I'd rather take a chance on a Perriman or D. Robinson. I don't agree with Dorsett though. I'll take Robby over him - if the money were equal.

5. J-Raw24

I agree he is very overrated by our fans. I would still sign him on an average wr2 contract. He can still be a good deep threat. No chance I pay him big money though. We can easily replace him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I would love to hear DWC's take on why Robby is still there sitting around. I think he should probably retract some of his hyperbolic praise of Robby. Unless of course his stance is that he knows more than every other team in the league?>

7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I've been labeled as being anti Robby on here but even I would bring him back at the right price. I'd be fine with a one year deal as well.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Get ready for three (or more) very lengthy posts explaining in minute detail exactly why Robby is worth whatever it takes to sign him.

Skicats and jonnyd like this.
  9. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

Easily replaceable is exactly right, and I think that is where fans are a bit blind when it comes to Robby. He's one of the more talented receivers we've had in quite some time, but it says more about the organization than it does about the player. The last time we had a good amount of talent at the position were the Holmes, Cotchery, and Edwards days. That's a lifetime ago now.

In addition, I get it. There's a connection there with Robby because he's one of OUR guys, but you can't let that creep into his evaluation. He's a solid WR, and there's a bunch of those out there. The market has basically spoken and confirmed this fact.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think there are a lot of rational fans that knew Robby wouldn't get nearly the money people indicated on this board due to the draft and I am sure the Jets gave him an offer and are standing by it.

I think he'll come back at a reasonable price and I hope we find a way to fair him up with a Mims or Higgins in the 2nd round. They could still sign Dorsett too, he won't be expensive.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I mean I dont dislike the guy but if we're being hoinest, he looks like a complete ass clown right now. He s on record as saying hed give Robby 15 million I think lol

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He was the backup to Ryan Kelly with the Colts last year. Perhaps Douglas is thinking of using him as McGovern's backup, and using Harrison as a backup OG and emergency center.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd rather keep him if we can sign him to a reasonable deal because of the chemistry he already has with Sam. Perriman hasn't don't that much, just finally had some production towards the end of last season. Was that a sign that the light is finally going on with him, or was that due to the teams they were playing? I do like Perriman's size and speed.

I agree that he's overrated by most fans, but he is a very good deep threat. He tracks the ball well. He hasn't been the problem on deep throws. Sam has. Add in a tall WR who excels in contested catches or a Lamb or Jeudy, and with Anderson, the Jets suddenly have a very good WR corps with diverse skills and abilities.

I also disagree that solid WRs are a dime a dozen. If that were the case, the Jets would have had a better receiving corps the last 5-10 years than they've had.

I wouldn't say that your posts have been unpopular, and I hope that feeling hasn't kept you from posting more. Join in the fun. Who cares if people agree with you. The more the merrier, and it makes things more interesting.

Pags2112 and SOJAZ like this.
  14. JetsGoFar

JetsGoFar Active Member

Robby is an excellent #2 wideout. Great speed, can get by most corners deep, pretty good hands. He definitely has a good connection with Sam, especially when the pocket breaks down and they both improvise.

Problem is he is not an all-around wideout who is an effective blocker and doesn't help Sam by fighting and knocking down passes he's not able to catch.

I have no problem with him getting $8M - $10M per, as long as he's cuttable after a couple of years. He was a model citizen last year in a contract year, but Robby is not the sharpest tool in the toolshed. He may be smarter than he sounds, and I shouldn't judge him on that. But his past actions don't give him the benefit of the doubt. Real generational changing money can make a man go either way.

Hoping he stays, but not heartbroken if he goes.

15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Darryl Roberts released.

blackssmagic and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Good friggen riddance

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I have no idea who this is

NCJetsfan and J-Raw24 like this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Do we need another safety, I thought we already had cover for Adams and Maye?

19. J-Raw24

Depth

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes but Howe much depth do you need at Safety if you have two playing and two not playing, do you want 5 safeties in the 56?

Anyways, some folk will love his hair.

[​IMG]

#1220 K'OB, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020