Robby Anderson. Already one of my All-Time favorite Jet receivers.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 21, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

As a Franchise we've featured plenty of great WR's over the years, and only Don Maynard has ever averaged more yards per pass reception than Robby Anderson. That speaks volumes already.

Robby Anderson is young, he's still learning his craft, he's still developing @ the WR position after emerging onto the NFL scene almost out of nowhere and now starting to improve upon his route running ability; but he's already one of the greatest vertical deep threats as a speed demon on the outside that our fan base has ever seen. He's a real deal playmaker.

And this is despite having less than ideal playing/receiving circumstances throughout his 4 year playing career while having to play alongside of not one, but two different career losing and well below .500 QB's in Fitzpatrick/McCown.

They combined for a career QB losing record of 78-136 overall (.364%) with 0 playoff starts throughout and after 31 years of NFL experience. With 0 playoff starts? And that's somehow Robby's fault? That, is laughable.

And over only the past two years Robby Anderson has lined up for a very young Rookie and 2nd year QB in Sam Darnold who became the youngest QB to ever start a week one game.

And he's since then had to run and scramble for his life behind the L.O.S like a chicken with his head cut off for consecutive seasons due to quarterbacking behind a makeshift line and historically speaking horrible offensive line play. And this is once again, Robby Anderson's fault? Laughable. x2.

But yet you'll see certain posters around TGG not only wanting to use and point to his "stats" as a way of defining his ability, his overall talent and his future potential moving forward after he's played within awful offensive situations and circumstances since being drafted only 4 years ago while also labeling him as nothing more than a number two receiver @ the same time? It's horseshit.

You put and play Robby Anderson alongside and opposite of a Jeudy/Lamb while Sam Darnold has more time in the pocket in order for Robby's routes to truly develop down field and then you can actually talk to me about "statistics" while still sounding knowledgeable.

Because I've seen Robby Anderson absolutely torch entire NFL secondaries, left them in the dust. But Sam Darnold never had a chance as was on the verge of getting sacked and Robby just never got the ball.

Rookie season. Ryan Fitzpatrick.

2nd year. Josh McCown.

3rd year. Sam Darnold. Youngest week one starting QB of All-Time and behind no O-Line.

Last year. Sam Darmold. Mono. Behind no O-Line x2. They gained chemistry with one another together.

He's exciting to watch play the position and he's also very explosive and as Jet fans for both me and my older brother he's a lot of fun for us to watch to the point we've given each other plenty of high 5's on Sunday's because of Robby Anderson himself. You can't take that away from us.

Lesser #2 CB's who get lined up opposite and one on one against Robby Anderson on the outside will get beat often and get beat deep.

Or if any injuries were to happen to an NFL secondary and godforsaken he's lined up against a #3 nickel back, who's now trying and attempting to play on the outside against a natural outside WR in Anderson, Robby is going to smoke him with track star acceleration and then all world speed.

And if Robby Anderson is ever lined up alongside of or on the opposite and other side of a Jeudy or Lamb @ WR? Well then say hello to a beautiful NYJ WR 1-2 punch on the outside.

And once Sam Darnold has consistent time in order to scan the pocket they'll have no chance while being lined up one on one on the outside against Anderson.

And if a "#2 WR" can cause concern or worry and force a starting NFL FS into deep zone coverage, just in order to try and protect their #2 CB over the top from getting smoked by Anderson? Well then guess what? Robby Anderson himself immediately then becomes a serious NFL offensive weapon to have within an offense.

A socalled #2 WR on the outside who can help make the lives of a Le'Veon Bell out in the flats, a Chris Herndon/Jamison Crowder tandem either underneath or over the middle and down the seems @ TE/Slot while Sam Darnold looks for open teammates with potentially a young rookie stud WR such as a Jeudy or Lamb a whole lot easier while giving his teammates a lot more open space to make plays - is a great weapon to have.

At times you could even line up Robby to the left as a #1 WR while a rookie in Jeudy/Lamb feast against lesser #2's because Robby is able to and can play both sides.

Robby Anderson as an NFL WR has never had a Quarterback who's had time in the pocket, consistently; in order for his routes to truly develop down field but yet all he's ever done is make plays and contributed ever since preseason of his rookie year regardless of who's been his Quarterback; and ranks only behind Don Maynard in yards per reception.

Everyone's beloved Wayne Chrebet (my personal favorite Jets receiver of All-Time) only had 1 year of 1,000+ yards as a Jet but yet I'm seeing TGG posters criticizing Robby Anderson and literally harping all over the kid just for not yet reaching 1K+ yards despite seasons with multiple QB's and within less than ideal circumstances he's still been able to put up seasons of...

587 receiving yards (R).
    752 receiving yards.
    779 receiving yards.
    941 receiving yards.

Also consisting of years with...

42 receptions (R).
    50 receptions.
    52 receptions.
    63 pass receptions.

Along with seasons of...

2 TD receptions (R).
    5 TD receptions.
    6 TD receptions.
    7 TD receptions.

So what the fk are you Robby Anderson critics even complaining about? Forget you guys.

Some of you people have admitted to not even watching Jet games but then become the first one's to tell us all just how bad Robby Anderson stinks during Free Agency. Don't let these types of know it all fans polute your mind.

When as NYJ fans we've literally starved athletic and explosive offensive skilled players for a long time and then complain about and miss the likes of Leon Washington, Cotchery and Coles once they're gone and somewhere else. Or injured.

They won't tell you how Robby Anderson has played in 62 out of a possible 64 games. Probably the same one's preseason rookie year calling him stick figure wouldn't last 10 games too skinny etc. 62/64 games later; crickets.

I bet they won't tell you about how @ the age of only 26 he's already top 20 in career Franchise Pass Receptions either (when telling you he has "no hands").

Already has over 200 career pass receptions (catches with his hands) and only 252 receptions (from Darnold) away from passing Coles for 4th All-Time in pass receptions by a Jet; only behind Maynard, Toon and Chrebet (and chances are, at this pace) by the age of only 30.

They won't tell you how he's already ranked top 15 in receiving yards with 3,059 receiving yards and only 2,882 receiving yards away from ranking 4th All-Time in receiving yards only behind the likes of Maynard, Walker, Chrebet and Toon (Jet legends).

Just like they wouldn't let you know Robby Anderson ranks 2nd All-Time in average yards per reception receiving average only behind the likes of H.O.F Don Maynard.

They've never once told me that his 20 TD receptions already rank top 15 All-time amongst Jets and only 21 TD's (41) away from tying Wayne Chrebet for 3rd All-Time behind only Maynard and Walker.

They won't admit that Robby's 92 yard pass reception was the longest Jets catch they've ever witnessed outside of only Walkers 96.

And they most certainly won't let you know that Robby Anderson is climbing up the All-Time WR Jet rankings every year despite only ranking not even top 50 (63rd) in games played with only 62 games of experience under his belt.

And he only has 4 fumbles meaning that 243 current and former Jets have coughed up the football more than Robby Anderson but they won't tell you that while saying he stinks.

How's that for some Robby Anderson "statistics".

I just really hope that Joe Douglas brings Robby Anderson back long term (for Darnold and our offensive attacks) before heading into his first draft, because he's already on the verge and easily on pace to becoming one of my generations top 5 Jet WR's that we've seen dating back to those Keyshawn/Chrebet/Coles days.

#1 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This thread ends with Robby signing somewhere else, doesn't it? o_O

4. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Lets settle down.

5. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

He's in my top 50.

joe likes this.
  6. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Judging by this msg board Robby is Al Toon and Clowney is LT.

jetophile and 94Abraham like this.
  7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I can see that there are some emotional investments already made here... I wonder if the salary cap makes considerations for if he’s the most favoritest player ever.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Someone’s got the quarantine blues.

twown likes this.
  9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

are u his PR dude??

Centiment likes this.
  10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

pics?

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

A bestest player on the whole entire team exemption? Players should ah e bargained for that

12. MaximusD163

High 5ing other sports fans for something neither of us had anything to do with is one of the most awkward things I’ve ever done as a grown man. Sorry, just my opinion.

13. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Anyone willing to post a summary of that as I don't have the attention span to read it all. THanks in advance

14. MaximusD163

Robby is good and real fast and I like him a lot.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Someone is about to be really, really, really sad in a couple days I think. Unless "Mr. Patient" comes to some logical reasoning, he Is either going to sign a deal with us for far less, or, he will be sour at the market and go to another team for far less than he wanted out of spite. Time shall tell all.

EDIT: Also.. Robby isn't good enough to warrant a tribute thread about him. Like, can we get a tribute thread for a former Jet that, you know, kinda, deserves one?

Curtis Martin? That's a good one.. idk

BacktoQueens and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  16. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Robby is fast and he can catch a ball which is what his job requires at the bare min to be able to do it. Robby is overrated by our fans because we have such bad WRs for years. Wouldn’t give him more than 6-8m for a year w an option. If he wants more he can kick rocks. He also does some bone headed things that need to be accounted for in case he didn’t learn the first time. Wouldn’t invest a whole lot in him. We should draft two WRs at min. That would be better overall players than Robby and fraction of the price

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Let's name Jets Wide Receivers we like more than Robby:
    -Wayne Chrebet
    -Laveranues Coles
    -Santana Moss
    -Jericho Cotchery
    -Rob Moore
    -Keyshawn Johnson
    -Brandon Marshall
    -Eric Decker
    -Braylon Edwards
    -Santonio Holmes
    -Jamison Crowder

Should we start threads on them? And those are players I have actually seen play. Doesn't even count greats like Don Maynard, George Sauer, Al Toon and Wesley Walker.

MDJets and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

So you're saying Robby Anderson is better than Dedric Ward?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Robby is a decent receiver whom I hope we bring back, but this is just silly. People are seemly upset at the patient approach but overpaying for average talents gets you into the mess we are in now. Anderson is worth maybe, maybe 10 mill on the open market. Not the insanity he’s looking for.

IIMeanDeanII and CotcheryFan like this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I wonder if Defense wins every saw Johny Lam Jones? Knee pads optional.