The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

"A little meltdown".

You're either a troll or a drama queen. Or just a bold face liar.

He's not having a "meltdown" as someone posted by the name of Ali a quote saying "Jets WR Robby Anderson’s market is closing! He needs to sign with a team NOW!"

And all Robby Anderson did was reply with an emoji laughing and typed out one word... "Patience".

How is posting a laughing emoji followed by saying "Patience" now considered "having a little meltdown".

I never even look @ players Twitter feeds. I just visited Robby's because I knew that you were full of shit.

You're a liar.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s astounding how literally every time you post, you say 1 million things without saying anything at all and usually it’s wrong. He responded to the same guy calling him a dumbass and deleted it because I’m assuming someone told him it was a terrible look. But hey, like I said in every other thread where you’ve tried to lecture people but have no idea what you’re talking about… You’re playing chess, we’re all just playing checkers.

FJF and J-Raw24 like this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He averages 52 catches for 760 yards and 5 TD's a season. He's never been to the Pro Bowl. He isn't seen as a versatile receiver that you can move around depending on what the defense is doing.

Basically he's an average #2 Outside WR in the NFL at this point. That quality is not in demand in free agency in most years. Not at even the middle of the market range. The guys in that category generally get short prove it type deals if they move on from their current team.

Slot receivers that are capable of catching a lot of balls will cash in if the market is right. Occasionally a #1 WR near the end of his career will catch a deal. #2 WR's that are not versatile just aren't seen as a valuable commodity by the NFL unless they're #2 despite being excellent overall receivers because they are overshadowed on their current team by a great talent. Real #1 WR's almost never hit free agency. When they do they get real offers because they don't come with a lot of questions.

One more thing: Robby Anderson has been arrested not once but twice. Teams look at things like that and big guaranteed deals go out the window. I don't think Robby Anderson had any big deals out there based on his skills and performance but whatever was there definitely shrank when teams did their due diligence on his off the field issues.

4. BroadwayAaron

i’ll help you out with a visual aid. When it says “this tweet is unavailable” that means it was deleted. That’s where he called the guy a dumb ass with a couple other insults thrown in. I’m not a liar, you’re just inept.

https://i.imgur.com/dBox3DZ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

[​IMG]

#1184 BroadwayAaron, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  5. BroadwayAaron

I was being sarcastic when I said it’s hard to believe he’s not signed yet. Basically for all of the reasons you just listed. Plus tack on the fact that you can probably find receivers better than him in the third round of the draft this year and that’s why his market has shriveled up.

Br4d likes this.
  6. NyTitans

NyTitans New Member

So... is Darnold going to get any weapons or what?

7. BroadwayAaron

This is one time I wish the draft was before free agency. If we had CeeDee Lamb or Jerry Jeudy in our back pocket, I’d let Robby walk immediately and sign Perriman or Dorsett for half the price.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Ted Ginn, Devery Henderson, Kenny Stills, Nate Burleson. There's never been a gigantic market for these guys so there shouldn't be for Robby Anderson. And I'm glad there's not and we didn't have to get into any sort of bidding war for him.

I'd prefer we keep him on a two or three year deal for $10-12 million that makes him cuttable if he fucks up.

SOJAZ, blackssmagic, Br4d and 3 others like this.
  9. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Patience. We are not even a week into the free agency. We have over a month before the draft. I know we are used to bad gms signing every high priced free agent they can by now, but wait and see. This isn't a race, it about building a good team for the season.

chandler, SOJAZ, Br4d and 2 others like this.
  10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I would absolutely take Clowney on a 2 or 3 year deal for 14 per year.

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He called a fan a dumb ass and told him to do more research. He deleted the tweet.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

Intriguing...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He would be a good signing. I think I'd still rather have Logan Ryan, but would like to see another CB signed regardless.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

ha yea Im sure the NFLPA feels bad for you :)

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

good for him. He shouldn’t have deleted it

16. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

:DI love coming here to discuss football, de-stress and get away from the corona virus...

Skicats likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

As expected. Griffin is the better option anyway. Not that we’ll sign him but still.

18. BroadwayAaron

Camp fodder I assume/hope

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I love Robby and really want him back here, he has had his eyes opened fully this off season and has found out the hard way that he isn't as good as he thinks he is, life is cruel at times, hopefully, the best thing now is for him to sign back with the Jets for 8-10m and going out and proving all the doubters wrong, a brand new strong OL and a competent to great WR1 on the other side with Crowder and Herndon in attack, we could see a very good season ahead for RA but only if Gase allows the ball to fly more than twice a game.

20. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Wait I thought he was signing with the Titans? He’s following their players on social media.