The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Sanders and Cobb are both inarguably better route runners with better hands. Just last year not five years ago. And again I know Robby is getting more which I’ve been saying since the original post, but it’s not going to be much more. $10-11 mil sounds right if Sanders and Cobb are $8-9 mil.

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

The numbers seem fair but all I know is if the Jets were playing against Cobb or Sanders next year I wouldn’t be worried one bit....If Robby was on the other side I’d be concerned that he could break the game open if we don’t pay attention to him every snap

That’s the big difference for me

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Tell me how all other QBs played under Belly outside of Brady lol and how all MIA/BUF QBs have played after Marino and Kelly lol again.

Wow an 11-5 season with Cassel. Missed playoffs. Lost 5 more games than year before with Brady. That same Cassel? Went 11-5 with K.C and without Belly lol again.

How about every other QB during 6-7 years without Brady how'd they throw for Bill? Lol @ you again.

4. BroadwayAaron

We had Robby last year and no one was scared. Not so much Cobb, but Sanders would have probably made way more of a difference than Robby. There’s a reason a contender traded for him and then another contender signed him. Meanwhile Robby is picking his ass.

5. BroadwayAaron

Totally man

6. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

People like name players...people like spending money in free agency...no matter how much evidence you will never convince them winning teams draft well before adding big pieces in free agency...the fantasy football approach never works.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Even if "inarguably" true, that is only one facet of the job. What about speed and ability to shed the defense? What about fighting for the ball and yards after catch? Last year and five years ago are equally irrelevant. The only thing that matters going forward is what happens going forward.

It may be interesting to note that Sanders' value was listed at ten million and he signed for eight; Cobb was listed at 7.1M and signed for nine, Hopkins was listed at 20.7 and got 16.7. Do you see a pattern developing here that may be pertinent to Anderson's listed market value of twelve?

8. King Koopa

Lots of reasons for that...The oline being absolute dogshit hurts a downfield threat being the main reason

He had a solid 2nd half of the year in a bad offense...I can’t see Sanders or Cobb doing that much better but they’re different players anyway

I wouldn’t overpay but I would try to keep him

9. BroadwayAaron

I’ll be honest I don’t see the pattern other than Spotrac being off on everyone.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Sanders is 33 with like 10 years of NFL route running experience and Cobb has been blessed with nothing but Aaron Rodgers for 8 years and Dak Prescott last year with an awesome O-Line and a run game with Zeke and after 9 years has only one year of 1k+ yards.

Robby is only 26 and in 4 years played with 3 career loser QB's in Shitztragic/McCown (career losers), Petty (bust) and Darnold (rookie and 2nd year) with shit o lines and you're talking about route running you big genius?

11. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

This is getting good

12. BroadwayAaron

you have an amazing way of saying so much but saying nothing at all. You think teams are looking at literally anything you just said when evaluating free agents?

“Well hold on a second there Ralph, you see Cobb played with Rodgers so I think we better steer clear, he’s fools gold!”

#1172 BroadwayAaron, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Spot on.

Give Robby Anderson... Aaron freaking Rodgers for 8 years and you're guaranteed Robby looks better than he has throughout his 4 year career under shitty circumstances.

Give Aaron Rodgers a god gifted athlete with blazing speed burning speed and acceleration as an NFL deep threat and Aaron Rodgers creates a superstar in Robby.

Don't talk to me about Robby's "stats" with 4 years of multiple QBs with no time in the pocket for even simple routes, let alone deep routes to develop due to makeshift crap o lines.

14. King Koopa

Yeah I just think Sam and Robby have a decent chemistry so why change things with a hopefully improved oline and offense as a whole?

He’s not a perfect WR but he’s improved in other areas and is inarguably one of the best deep threats in the NFL.

I think the fact that this is one oft best drafts ever for WRs could be hurting him, and for that reason I wouldn’t be that upset if we lost him...But for a fair deal bring the guy back

15. BroadwayAaron

I completely agree here by the way. This has been my exact stance since long before the offseason started. The chemistry with Sam makes him worth a few extra mil, but that still shouldn’t be more than $10-12 mil per year. And now that we see how the market is playing out, it should be closer to $10 mil.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

My read is Spotrac is high on everyone. The outlier is Houston paying over for Cobb after they lost Hopkins.

I've only looked at the receivers so far but may try to dig a little deeper to see if the trend appears elsewhere.

I'd put Anderson at eleven or a little more for the Jets.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He could give the jets the most talented IR list in history.

I'm not spending a lot of cash and cap on a guy who has played only one full season in the NFL and never had a dominant sacks season despite being a 'premier' rusher. We're as likely to get a total crapout from him as a great season - probably more likely given his history.

blackssmagic and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Wtf are you talking about. Outside of his rookie season of 2014 he's only missed 9 games thougout 5 season's ala he's had seasons of..

2015: 13 games played.
    2019: 13 games played.
    2016: 14 games played.
    2018: 15 games played.
    2017: 16 games played.

Nice try.

You sound, clueless. Outside of his rookie season he's played in at least 13 games every season, a 14 game season, a 15 game season and a 16 game season.

I can already tell, just by the ways that you type; that you do not watch him play football nor do you know anything about Clowney because he does way more than just "rush quarterbacks" and he'd instantly become the most dominant OLB this Franchise and fan base has seen dating back to John Abraham (2000-2005).

J.Abe who was no 20 sack or even 15 sack per season weapon either, but he was still awesome to have on our defense.

19. BroadwayAaron

Robby having a little meltdown this morning on Twitter because people are suggesting his market is nonexistent. Hard to believe he’s not signed yet…

20. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Now we are seeing why it was a smart move to let him hit FA. No one wants to pay a wr2 big money when you can draft one in the 3rd this year. I have been saying I would give him up to $11 million a year, now I think we can get him cheaper. Douglas stick to his guns. I do hope we sign olb, cb, and we soon. Fill some holes before the draft. Everson Griffin of we can get him cheap. Bring back Jenkins. Robbie would be nice. Not sure what corners are left.