The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Singletary showed some nice explosiveness in the minimal time he played. With the amount Allen runs, I don't think it is worth them investing money in a RB and they are better using a committee with Singletary + Yeldon/rookie + Allen.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have joked about them for a long time, but I think Buffalo can become a big hurdle for us in the coming years. Obviously I think Darnold is a far better QB than Allen, but Allen showed some really serious promise last year. And with a much better roster, they will likely be atop the AFC East next year.

This is why this year and next year are so crucial for Douglas. These are the two years to build a solid core of young talent to build around.

ColoradoContrails and chandler like this.
  3. Falco21

I think a guy like Gurley would help alleviate the amount that Allen runs. As any organization feels, except Baltimore, I do not think they want Allen to continue running like he did last year. It can be very costly for Buffalo with just one big hit. Having a guy like Gurley still allows him to use his feet, when necessary, but gives him the luxury of having a workhorse back with a shit ton of talent.

4. dawinner127

Eh, we can agree to disagree then. I think Singletary is a very good back from what I saw last year and I don't think adding Gurley will be that beneficial. I think Allen will run just as much as he did last year because he is just that bad of a passer where he has to use his legs.

5. dawinner127

6. Falco21

Good for him!

James Hasty likes this.
  7. Falco21

To be completely honest, I am rooting like hell for him now to make Bellichick look like the piece of shit he is

8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It was the specific having a price point on a player that he wouldn't budge on that rang a bell. It might have been Idzik not Mac to be honest. I can't remember now, but I'm sure that it was said about one of them.

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The 11m from Tru basically covers the draft class and a bit of wiggle room in season.

10. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Why not just hope that both have miserable seasons?

K'OB, Imagesrdecieving and J-Raw24 like this.
  11. dawinner127

Wonder if we can get him under 10 at this point.

12. Falco21

Because Tom Brady is the greatest QB to ever play the game and while it has been miserable dealing with him for 20 years, it still is incredible to watch him play. I hate Bellichick much much more than I have ever hated Brady. Would be cool to see he him win in Tampa and watch Bellichick lose in New England

FinnishJET and chandler like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

bring robby back on a 1 year deal then. $1 year, 6 million. get it done

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Shocking, just shocking I tell you! Robby played this poorly. I’d be willing to bet that unless some dumb team jumps in, he’s going to sign for less than whatever Joe D offered him by the end of last season.

15. Falco21

I don't think Robby played it poorly, I think it is just a bad time to be a WR in the NFL looking for a big payday.

There are over 20 guys with top 3 round grades in this draft at WR. No way teams are gonna pay through the nose for one in free agency right now. Except an elite one

ColoradoContrails and Mogriffjr like this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

Runors were he turned down $10 mil a year because he thought his market would be $13-15 mil. For the exact reasons you stated, that’s why its a botch on his part. I get that he has to think highly of himself but thinking he could get that kind of money in a year where you can find WRs better than him in the third round? Now he very well may end up getting that money but whoever gives it to him is dumb.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Falco21

I was unaware that he turned down that number. If that is true, then yes, I agree he botched it

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I can’t believe Mac gave Quincy $8m a year lmao.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

keep in mind the rumors that supposedly we couldn't get a second round pick for him at trade deadline. No one wanted to lock him up then

Personally I'm not surprised. Everyone likes the fact that he was our UDFA and blossomed into something people don't ordinarily expect from an UDFA -- good story! Everyone is tantalized by his speed

But he is a bit one-dimensional with inconsistent hands and effort, and I think a lot of people (rightfully) worry about what type of player/person he'll become once he gets big $$. Do you really want to give a lot of money to someone who was so uninhibited he told a police officer he'd do that thing to his wife? Will he dedicate all of his energies to improving his craft, being a great teammate, etc.

I would not be shocked if deep down JD isn't thinking he doesn't want to be worrying about Robby and whether he'll perform. He wants a locker room of dedicated professionals who play every down the way it's supposed to be played. He might even be a little pissed that Robbie is testing the waters after the Jets stood by him in the past

20. BroadwayAaron