The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Gregg Williams made Canady and guys like that serviceable, I’m sure he can find a solid vet corner to bring in and help on the outside.

sidenote, Tom Compton signs a 1 year deal with the Niners.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan, Pags2112 and 3 others like this.
  2. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I can see Flacco in a Pats uniform.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Who the hell would have thought that saying "I probably would have" could sound so many alarms. Jesus Christ. You HAVE to be working from home with a wife and kid, right?

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Not sure they would make a move like that.

With Winston and Cam Newton available, I don't think New England would take a gamble on a guy like Flacco

5. Falco21

You continue to post about how poorly we are performing in this off-season because Joe Douglas does not sign every big name free agent available. So when you make a comment stating that you would have likely given 2 draft picks for a corner, it puts a spotlight on your continuous ridiculous remarks.

And what exactly does my family have to do with this discussion?

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You have to create a pipeline of players throughout your team on team friendly contracts. You do that through the draft. Not by trading picks for 29 year old corners that'll be lucky to have two good years left.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Darby would be an interesting addition. The guy has all world speed but poor awareness. You would want to play him man to man, which is okay, this defense could use those skills on the outside.

The secondary got burned by speed a lot last year - Beckham, John Brown, Slayton, Chris Conley. Could use Darby

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

nothing at all. when someone is overly emotional they go right to the personal stuff.

9. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Much like Artie Burns... former first round pick with 4.3 speed but Darby may be the better player

#829 BleedGreen4ever, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  10. BroadwayAaron

Glasgow and Conklin. Those are the two guys I got on Douglas for missing out on, with a little bit of annoyance at losing Van Nuy after being "in discussions" for a contract. That's it. Fowler I wanted and YOU claimed I said he was a big name. YOU claimed I wanted to make the Diggs trade. YOU thought I wanted Jordan Howard because I said I can't wait until free agents take us seriously once Gase is gone, like what's happening to the Dolphins. Noticing a trend here? A lot of YOU assigning emotions.

I ask about your family because you seem stressed. I understand times are tough, so maybe I should just cut you some slack.

I personally believe there is value in having good players playing while the younger players are learning. If you spend a third on a guy that will help your defense now and give time for a younger guy to develop, I Don't think it's terrible use of a draft pick especially when you'll have three picks in the first three rounds still.Again this entire point is moot because the scenario in which I said I'd give up the picks doesn't even exist.

#830 BroadwayAaron, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  11. BroadwayAaron

Ohhhhh the irony...

12. Falco21

Me assigning emotions?? LOL

Let's take a look just in this thread:

On Diggs:

On Fant:

On Van Roten, who you know nothing about, but then proceed to say he's "fine":

You have assigned your own emotions and have consistently proven you are just spewing shit

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Dude. Players go to the team that offers them the most money. The Dolphins were in cap hell for half of Gase's tenure there thanks to Tannenbaum. Sure coaching factors in a little bit I'm sure. Maybe 10% of the overall decision?

You're so charged up and were absolutely slamming Douglas early in this thread for now getting Conklin and Glasgow. In the past you've pointed out all of the trades Tannenbaum made when he was here and how you believed they were the right moves.

The teams that sign big time free agents year after year are the losers of the league. We're doing the right thing towards building the franchise the right way.

Signing Bell and Mosely last year was the absolute wrong thing to do.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and chandler like this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Is there a free agency thread I can read on here somewhere?

15. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Yea I did not realize. I denounce my post.

jonnyd likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

Yes. I'm done entertaining the insults and trolling accusations because opinions don't jive. I'll apologize for my part in that.

K'OB likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

Signing Bell and Mosley was absolutely not the wrong thing to do. Mosley is a star LB, an anchor of the defense and in his prime. If it was a bad idea, why were the Ravens trying to keep him at a slightly lower price?

Bell, we'll never ever see eye to eye on. I don't even care to get into why because it's a circle that never ends and probably won't have an end until we run Bell out of town or the coach is fired.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Someone needs to free this man.

K'OB likes this.
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well the lower the needle points the better for the Jets if they're interested...….probably even better for the chances of Jenkins returning.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

This is exactly why I don't think you are logical when it comes to how to build a team. Those are two top 5 positional contracts, meaning we had THREE on the roster last year in the top 5. We could've signed four players for the price of two last year. That would've went a long way if we signed two offensive lineman, a mid tier corner and a mid tier receiver.

NCJetsfan likes this.